*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #301
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Even though I am just speculating because I don't know. If you read her post match press conference that Natural Joe posted it pretty much word for word describes that. She says it's nerve damage between her toes. She doesn't know the official medical name etc.

It then says this injury is more common among athletes and women (ie. people who consistently put pressure on their toes). So it feels like that to me.
It definitely sounds like that from how I'm also understanding the information. If it is a Morton's Neuroma then it really is is a fixable issue. I don't recall Lindsay ever having trouble with her feet/toes after her operation and she resumed her previous form pretty quickly during the first part of 2004. But while she played on it during the summer of 2004, she did struggle. I do recall her having to have shots in her foot in order to get through the US Open.

The only reason I can think of why she hasn't had it operated on (if it is a Morton's Neuroma) is because of the time of year we're in; she's probably hoping to play with it until after Wimbledon where there would be a gap. However, with clay being her weakest surface and if this is the injury, getting it taken care of now would be, in my opinion, a better option.

Hopefully we'll find out soon exactly what the injury and treatment is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #302
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
It definitely sounds like that from how I'm also understanding the information. If it is a Morton's Neuroma then it really is is a fixable issue. I don't recall Lindsay ever having trouble with her feet/toes after her operation and she resumed her previous form pretty quickly during the first part of 2004. But while she played on it during the summer of 2004, she did struggle. I do recall her having to have shots in her foot in order to get through the US Open.

The only reason I can think of why she hasn't had it operated on (if it is a Morton's Neuroma) is because of the time of year we're in; she's probably hoping to play with it until after Wimbledon where there would be a gap. However, with clay being her weakest surface and if this is the injury, getting it taken care of now would be, in my opinion, a better option.

Hopefully we'll find out soon exactly what the injury and treatment is.
I don't know if medical ways have changed since when Lindsay had it done. I presume you read about it on the link I posted on the NHS. That's the free health care service in the UK, but there are some other treatments that apparently aren't available on NHS (they're probably new and expensive) which will be open to Vika. But yes as surgeries go it sounded about as good as it gets.

We should hear something (or not) about Miami in the next few days. If she doesn't withdraw before the Q draw gets released it means she is at least thinking about playing.
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #303
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

She's out of Miami, looks like common sense has finally prevailed.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #304
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah just saw that smart decisions need too rest up & heal her injury
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #305
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Oh good choice! I was about to post it's not good that she hadn't withdrawn yet so I'm glad to hear she has. I still would like to see her in Monterrey IF healthy but if this injury is what hurricanejeanne thinks (and is probably right) then that is probably not the right choice. Sad she has to miss these same tournaments two years in a row though.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #306
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Wise, but sad decision. Sometimes i wish it'could be spring '12 again..
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #307
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

I'm glad she is resting now because if you look at her schedule for the last 6 months of the year she will have no time to rest at all

From July until the end of Dec it looks like this - Wimbledon, World Team Tennis, US Hard Court Swing, US Open, Asian Hard Court Swing, Year Ending Championships, Indian Premier League, Australian Hard Court Swing .

Girl rest up, your going to need it
cocoblush is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #308
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still extremely convinced that she needs to seriously review her footwear. Surgery may fix this problem, but it doesn't explain her endless other minor leg and back injuries, and whatever caused this problem in the first place. It's not an original idea at all, so I assume she's thought of this, but I really hope she properly addresses it.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #309
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Now, we just wait until we find out what treatment she'll be doing. Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #310
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Good decision. Take as much time as you need.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #311
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Vika on withdrawing from Miami:

Quote:
“I am very sad not to be able to compete at this year’s Sony Open in Miami,” said Azarenka. “I love playing in the US and my results in the past were also great. But it’s been now over a year that it seems that bad luck has been following me. I couldn’t play in Miami last year with a problem in my ankle and now this with my foot. It is time for me to think about my recovery and will work hard for that. I wish the tournament all the best for this 2014 edition. Miami is an amazing place and a great tournament. I hope to be there next year fully recovered and able to be competing for the title.”
http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/45253
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:38 AM   #312
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Good decision. Hope for a speedy recovery.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #313
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Phew, finally a wise decision, but how tough these two years are. Get well soon girl.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #314
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Natural Joe.

Even though Vika is not at her best, I feel everyone here has stayed so together. Vika has a great fanbase .
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #315
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

^
Quote:
I feel everyone here has stayed so together.
Ok, almost everyone..