*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #286
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

I'm just so uninterested in tennis lately. Not even Vika is making me pay attention, but that's probably just because I'm sick of all her injuries. I just wish she would listen to her body and rest her foot. What was the point of showing up to this tournament? Nothing. Even the Rainbow Peasant is starting to annoy me now.

She really needs to snap out of it, skip the entire clay season if you must but just get rid of these injuries.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #287
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
I'm just so uninterested in tennis lately.
Likewise, I'll check scores fairly regularly but I haven't watched a match properly since the AO men's final. At the same time yesterday's result didn't irritate me a whole lot because I could easily see it happening.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #288
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't really been paying too much attention because I'm preoccupied with school. I probably won't watch a proper match until the French at this rate.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #289
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I still think Monterrey may not be a bad idea, but she should skip Miami. She hinted that she will.
It's only not a bad idea if you are actually fit. Even if you are only out say 3 weeks, it might not be the worst thing to miss it. It then gives you 5 weeks to get ready for the next tournament. 8 weeks sounds a long time. But if you are using say 4 of that constructively getting ready for the next tournament it's not too bad.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #290
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Sumyk on Vika in L'Équipe:
Quote:
All we're doing is coping. Vika will have to have a MRI. But we can't say or do anything else before we know more. Tennis is movement above all else. But if you can't move on court, what can you do?

- There was a big down period after the US Open final. Losing two finals in New York, that hurt. Everyone said it was a great match. That's nice of them, but, in the end, you don't care. That's not the way you think. We lost, full stop.

(Did the loss make Azarenka's body more fragile?)

- There's obviously an interdependence. But making a direct connection, I don't know. What's certain is that confidence comes from results. And we don't have wins at the moment. Vika's like everyone else, she's going through a phase where she's not winning. But there's no reason to panic.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #291

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the MRI is positive and the injury is treatable. Sam makes a lot of sense here. Vika's been very lucky to not have a huge injury thus far in her career and this just might be it. This might be her version of Pova's shoulder or Serena's knee.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #292
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Sam is always so logical.

I really think it's something like what Nadull's foot was back in the day - she isn't treating her feet properly in general, which is why she's had injuries in the past and always seems to be a bit unhealthy. If they can get her proper foot care that should help her long term, but this current problem could also take a while to get rid of, or even be chronic.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #293
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

If she essentially sacrifices this season just to get those problems sorted then I'm all for it. Especially while she's still pretty young.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #294
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
If she essentially sacrifices this season just to get those problems sorted then I'm all for it.
But she won't do it.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #295
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish some of Sam's common sense would rub off on her but I fear she'll try to play Miami.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:11 PM   #296
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching some of her recent matches has been about as pleasant as spending the night in a Spanish inquisitor's dungeon. I really don't want to see her back until she's fully fit and motivated.
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:16 AM   #297
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think motivation is even an issue, if anything else she's over-motivated right now. Players who struggle with motivation don't try to play a tournament in pain.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 06:39 AM   #298
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

Hi guys, finally back from banland
Sad to see Vika still struggling and injured :'(
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #299

Debate over what exactly Vika's injury is and Ozza's post in GM made me try and remember where I've heard of Morton's neuroma before.

I remembered:
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2003/...5401066266416/

So if this is the problem, Vika should be okay if she has to have an operation. That said, the old lady in my avatar did play on the injury from the French Open until after the US Open and was able to return to play in time for the Australian the following season.

I, however, am a bit worried that I have a strange foot injury fetish with my favorite players.
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #300
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Debate over what exactly Vika's injury is and Ozza's post in GM made me try and remember where I've heard of Morton's neuroma before.

I remembered:
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2003/...5401066266416/

So if this is the problem, Vika should be okay if she has to have an operation. That said, the old lady in my avatar did play on the injury from the French Open until after the US Open and was able to return to play in time for the Australian the following season.

I, however, am a bit worried that I have a strange foot injury fetish with my favorite players.
Even though I am just speculating because I don't know. If you read her post match press conference that Natural Joe posted it pretty much word for word describes that. She says it's nerve damage between her toes. She doesn't know the official medical name etc.

It then says this injury is more common among athletes and women (ie. people who consistently put pressure on their toes). So it feels like that to me.