*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #271
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Vika

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #272
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
I guess playing through the AO makes sense since she had such a chance to win it. That's also a little bit encouraging since she was playing pretty well in Brisbane, so that's when she's healthy. Clearly playing Indian Wells was not smart, but I still think if she's going to play she may as well try to win.
Don´t think that she played well at all since the Wimbledon fall with the exception of four sets (Caro 1st, Serena 2nd/3rd and Serena 2nd USO). ROS was strong in a few matches, but everything else has between between mediocre, poor and downright ugly. It´s impossible to get a clear picture/timeline about what truly happened the last 7-8 months. Would be much better to know she has torn her MCL/ACL or something. At least then you have a clear-cut injury. You get surgery and know in 8-12 months you should be fine.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #273
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Don´t think that she played well at all since the Wimbledon fall with the exception of four sets (Caro 1st, Serena 2nd/3rd and Serena 2nd USO). ROS was strong in a few matches, but everything else has between between mediocre, poor and downright ugly. It´s impossible to get a clear picture/timeline about what truly happened the last 7-8 months. Would be much better to know she has torn her MCL/ACL or something. At least then you have a clear-cut injury. You get surgery and know in 8-12 months you should be fine.
My bet is that she needs orthotics or different shoes though, which is why she gets these niggling injuries all the fucking time. I think poor footwear can even lead to back problems. So although it's an ambiguous problem I think if she can solve it that would really help her long term.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #274
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

She should maybe go back to the boot.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #275
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My bet is that she needs orthotics or different shoes though, which is why she gets these niggling injuries all the fucking time. I think poor footwear can even lead to back problems. So although it's an ambiguous problem I think if she can solve it that would really help her long term.
Honestly I think that was part of JJ´s problem, the Anta shoes. She turned to shit, when she signed with them. Goes to Fila and finds form. I think there was a match, during which her asian shoes just exploded.

Change in footwear can help according to that article, but it´s not sure. But I somewhat doubt Vika is seeing experts and trying out different shoes. Doesn´t seem to be her style at the moment to behave that professionally.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #276
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
She needs to ditch the Nike shoes - sure they are prettier than the Adidas shoes thats why they are popular but they are made with softer materials that wear out quicker. Adidas barricades are more sturdier and protect the foot more because of this.

I have to admit that i don't actually own any Nike or Addias tennis shoes but i have ready plenty of reviews stating that although Nike shoes are aesthetically nice, Adidas shoes are better quality and last longer.
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #277
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's big of enough star with Nike IMO that the could create custom shoes for her to negate the irritation with the nerve damage. Of course there is always in-sets that could be used to help.

I just don't understand why she would bother to play when she clearly can't. I know she's not the first nor will be the last player to do it, but it really boggles my mind. It just seems to be a lose-lose situation either way you go.

I didn't go through the thread, but I did see that the Aga fans are still pressed about the AO. Clearly, this means that Vika was truly injured in Melbourne and definitely negates Magician Agatha's Holier Than Thou Game play and victory.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #278
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I just don't understand why she would bother to play when she clearly can't. I know she's not the first nor will be the last player to do it, but it really boggles my mind. It just seems to be a lose-lose situation either way you go.
I think she decided to play IW because of her own charity thing 'Vika for the Cause' or whatever its called, it was played a few days before thats why i think she rushed herself back to play. Had it not been for that i think she would have skipped IW.
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #279

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, she pulls out of Miami and whatever she's slated to play afterwards until the pain is gone.
Quite frankly, the child needs to play a card out of Serena and Pova's play book. Take all the time you need before you come back.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #280
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the timing of things. Miami is in 12 days. Monterrey is in 3 and half weeks. Madrid is in 8 weeks. Some decisions to be made.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #281
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Vika's big of enough star with Nike IMO that the could create custom shoes for her to negate the irritation with the nerve damage. Of course there is always in-sets that could be used to help.

I didn't go through the thread, but I did see that the Aga fans are still pressed about the AO. Clearly, this means that Vika was truly injured in Melbourne and definitely negates Magician Agatha's Holier Than Thou Game play and victory.
What gave it away? That Putintseva won a set against Aga earlies in the tourney or that Cibulkova raped Aga so hard that Mozarts´ Magic Flute had an erection.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #282
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
I think she decided to play IW because of her own charity thing 'Vika for the Cause' or whatever its called, it was played a few days before thats why i think she rushed herself back to play. Had it not been for that i think she would have skipped IW.
Besides Vika has said that Indian Wells is one of her favourite tournaments, and now that she lives in Los Angeles, it was very easy for her to travel there. However this match remains me a little bit her previous decision to play vs Venus Williams in Tokyo R2 match in 2013 when she was obviously ill. She was probably just too anxious to get back to the court, and perhaps she hoped that her feet would be well enough for a "test match".

When she was critized for her retirements and late withdrawals in previous seasons, I think, Vika used to say that she needed to take care of her health to avoid more serious injuries. Hopefully in this case Vika and her team decide to take a long enough break for a full recovery. Like some people have said already, it would be a wise decision to skip Miami and Monterrey, and this would give her about two months time before Madrid and Rome.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #283
country flag iGOAT

I still think Monterrey may not be a bad idea, but she should skip Miami. She hinted that she will.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #284
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

She said some interesting stuff in the press conference (see the other thread). Most importantly:

Quote:
Q. How worried are you about this injury going forward? Do you feel like you're going to recover fairly quickly, or do you have no idea how long it might take?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know. But I will take my time for sure to get rid of it.
Let's hope she means it.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
What gave it away? That Putintseva won a set against Aga earlies in the tourney or that Cibulkova raped Aga so hard that Mozarts´ Magic Flute had an erection.
Both, really. The only way Vika was and ever is going to lose to Aga is if Vika is injured or in the throes of Unholy Fuckery. The AO was a case of both.

Domi's demolition job of Aga and the stunned shock of the commentators after they had orgasmed for Aga the previous round was glorious.