*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:05 AM   #256
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Posted by OnlyTennis

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Vika proud of her effort. "I want to learn how to go through the tough thing, how to try to do the best in the toughest situation." #BNPPO14

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Azarenka on whether she's received medical assurances the foot injury can't get worse if she plays in pain. "I'm too stubborn for that."

We know you're stubborn

But i will always love you, no matter what insane thought rolls through that states playing with an injury is alright
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Why You Ajdemo? You Say Kaman, Kaman

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #257
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
Posted by OnlyTennis

Vika proud of her effort. "I want to learn how to go through the tough thing, how to try to do the best in the toughest situation." #BNPPO14

Azarenka on whether she's received medical assurances the foot injury can't get worse if she plays in pain. "I'm too stubborn for that."
See this is the problem. This just isn't a good idea.

The first quote links in to she's trying to prove some kind of point. But really the only point she's proving is don't play when you aren't fit to play.

As I said I find it hard to believe she was anywhere near fit going on to court tonight. Sometimes you can kind of bluff yourself into feeling that it's better than it is. But the fact you come off court having won 6 games vs the world number 66 should be sending off flashing red warning lights that maybe this isn't the best idea.

This is also a stark change in attitude of someone who used to realise very quickly that if she wasn't fit to play then don't play. I don't like it, and I don't think this "stubbornness" is helping her career.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 07:16 AM   #258
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
Posted by OnlyTennis

We know you're stubborn

But i will always love you, no matter what insane thought rolls through that states playing with an injury is alright
Has she been brainwashed? "I'm too stubborn for that." - like, seriously?

Anyway, playing this tournament served no purpose whatsoever. She should not play a single competitive match until she's fully healthy even if that forces her to teak a break for several months.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 07:29 AM   #259
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Has she been brainwashed? "I'm too stubborn for that." - like, seriously?

Anyway, playing this tournament served no purpose whatsoever. She should not play a single competitive match until she's fully healthy even if that forces her to teak a break for several months.
My thoughts too. I wonder if she really believes a single word of what she's saying.

I was very apprehensive before this match, and I am not too surprised by what has happened, and if only this disaster makes her (and her team) reconsider and realize that there's no point in playing when you are not fit, then at least some good make come out of this awful decision to play this tournament. She has to get healthy and fit most of all, as long as it might take. Losing the ranking is not important at all, she will get it back again when she is fit.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #260
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Didnīt see the match. Isnīt nerve damage in your toes/foot often a result of a spine injury. This whole thing might still go back to Wimbledon. Comes back too early for USO hardcourt series. Stubbornly play out YEC match with back injury. Then play AO with nerve damage in her foot. Once again doesnīt let it heal properly to play IW. All that for almost nothing. She might just throw away her whole career. Just listen to your body, if itīs not too late already.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #261
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Ssrenka (Stubborn and silly).
Although she brought us such a fucking hurt match, I still respect her thought and waterbrained decision if she feel she really could learn somthing from that adversity. And what left are love and patiently waiting. Wish her a speedy and ENTIRELY recovery.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #262
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Didnīt see the match. Isnīt nerve damage in your toes/foot often a result of a spine injury. This whole thing might still go back to Wimbledon. Comes back too early for USO hardcourt series. Stubbornly play out YEC match with back injury. Then play AO with nerve damage in her foot. Once again doesnīt let it heal properly to play IW. All that for almost nothing. She might just throw away her whole career. Just listen to your body, if itīs not too late already.
This sounds like Vika's injury to me:

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/mortons-neuroma.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #263
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This sounds like Vika's injury to me:

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/mortons-neuroma.
So basically you can only try different shoes, but thatīs about it. Otherwise itīs rest and pray. Thatīs the worst kind of injuries.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #264
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is also a stark change in attitude of someone who used to realise very quickly that if she wasn't fit to play then don't play. I don't like it, and I don't think this "stubbornness" is helping her career.
I think Asarenka let herself get caught in the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" tornado. There was a lot of idiotic media and public crap when she didn't play injured and I think she allowed it to influence her somehow in a "they think I can't play when I'm hurt - I'll show 'em" way. I hope that now she goes back to her genuine stubbornness - doing what she sees as best for herself. Period.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #265
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Did she request on-court coaching at some point during the match? Looks like it from the pictures.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #266
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of worries right now. Is it the aftermath of the Wimbledon injury or has the last 6 months been non related injuries mixed with mental problems. Whatever, take rest and get better Vika
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #267
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Did she request on-court coaching at some point during the match? Looks like it from the pictures.
Yes. At 5-0 Davis if you want to watch it. It's an informative listen.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #268
country flag Natural Joe

Thank you, ozza. I think that's surprising considering she normally is one of those few players who never use on-court coaching. Gonna watch it now.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #269
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Josh Meiseles ‏@jmeistennis
Azarenka said in press that she first hurt her foot three days before AO. Diagnosed as nerve damage between toes on her left foot.

That is the first time we've heard anything on what the actual injury is.

Putting an actual time frame on when she should return is impossible. But it's quite obvious right now. If you aren't fit to play then don't. What are you actually achieving right now? What are the actual upsides? The upsides are literally she scrapes through a few matches. But in the scheme of things this doesn't achieve a lot. It doesn't get you healthy, it doesn't get you playing the kind of tennis you want to play, and it takes a lot out of you. You have to think long term, what's ahead of you. There will be plenty more chances to rack up the ranking points if that's really what worries you (but it shouldn't). The most important thing is you get healthy and feeling good on the court once again.
I guess playing through the AO makes sense since she had such a chance to win it. That's also a little bit encouraging since she was playing pretty well in Brisbane, so that's when she's healthy. Clearly playing Indian Wells was not smart, but I still think if she's going to play she may as well try to win.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #270
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See this is the problem. This just isn't a good idea.

The first quote links in to she's trying to prove some kind of point. But really the only point she's proving is don't play when you aren't fit to play.

As I said I find it hard to believe she was anywhere near fit going on to court tonight. Sometimes you can kind of bluff yourself into feeling that it's better than it is. But the fact you come off court having won 6 games vs the world number 66 should be sending off flashing red warning lights that maybe this isn't the best idea.

Completely agree.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote