*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5. - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 03:59 AM   #241
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
If it's a waste of time don't do it, it's that simple.
Can you stop getting defensive please?

Or did you forget how she was less than a year ago? It's normal to get frustrated with your fave when the decline happened so abruptly.

It's NOT just the injuries. There is something wrong. I don't know if that fool is getting abusive with her or whatever. But there is something wrong.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #242
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
There's a difference between unfit/unhealthy and that type of attitude though. If you're unfit/unhealthy then don't play, but there's no reason to be on the court to do that. At the YEC even she blatantly wasn't moving and was just waiting until the match was over, but here she still gave a half-assed effort, which is even worse. She obviously shouldn't have played, but that excuse is cancelled out by the idiotic fact that she did. And if she is going to be an idiot and play, then at least try.
No, sorry, I don't agree with that. It was an unwise move to come back this early and pull through this match but that does not erase the fact that she was simply not fit to play today.

No attitude could have saved this match, she simply does not have the proper tools to play at her disposal right now.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #243
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. She should skip Miami and Monterey and do proper rest & prep for the clay season.
I'd like her to play Monterrey to (hopefully) get some easier matches/confidence/form - it's not as if playing on hard is going to harm her clay preparation. This media minded Vika though will probably insist on playing both though .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #244
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Now seeing her play & seeing how bad her injury is I wonder if it an good idea too skip Miami & Monterrey Open & comeback for Madrid
It could be a wise strategy for her like she did last year when she was injured.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #245
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
Can you stop getting defensive please?
No, I can't. This mindless venting and all kind of stupid accusations serve absolutely no purpose. Nobody else in here does it, we all keep our calm so I don't see why it should be excused.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:01 AM   #246
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

She should skip Monterrey and Miami if she's still injured. She should be prepared for the clay season, though.

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up)
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014
Ana Ivanovic forever
Christina McHale || Alize Cornet || Mona Barthel || Maria Sharapova || Jelena Jankovic
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #247
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I can't. This mindless venting and all kind of stupid accusations serve absolutely no purpose. Nobody else in here does it, we all keep our calm so I don't see why it should be excused.
Different personalities.
Not everybody can be as calm.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:06 AM   #248
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think she should comeback for Madrid which starts May 3 that will give her foot enough time too rest & hopefully heal
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #249
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I never really had anything against Redfoo, but the downward spiral seemed to start at a suspicious time after US open 2012. Good for them if they are happy, but perhaps has not been the best thing for her tennis career.

Hope she fins a way out of this mess (tennis wise) but hard to keep interest up when it just goes downhill. Perhaps if she felt like it, it would be a good idea to tell the story what happened the last year and a half. Because Vika of 2012 would hardly lose games against this player (injured or not).
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #250
Queen V.

Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, this injury stuff is killing me and killing her. I think she needs to skip Miami at least and if she still carries the injury, Monterrey andMadrid (but i would like her to play Madrid for French Open Preparation) If she wants to stay healthy, she needs to take the right amount of time until the injury is gone, not a week after she gets a boot off.

Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Ivanovic Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen V. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #251
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed. All the pressure from the media has led her to make unwise decisions in recent months...they won't give her credit for it anyways.
Pretty much. I am near certain this has come from her (fairly new) PR company. Mainly because it's started since they come on board and because after the match vs Li at YEC they were posting on twitter how Vika can't win. She doesn't want to retire, she wants to play and please the fans who've paid to watch.

I went on a tirade at them in response, and they were adamantly trying to defend the decision.

The facts are this is pointless. Nobody gives you credit for battling on and losing. You gain nothing. The fans often gain nothing. And ultimately it's not helping you achieve what you want to achieve.

Whoever has fed her this idea of keep playing needs to have a major re-think on what their entire role in her camp is, because they are not helping her. And from what Sumyk told her tonight it's almost certainly not him.

Quote:
Well, it'll be over soon. I fear we'll be in for a similar horror show in Miami, I doubt a few more additional days will get her to a much better state.
This is my main fear about this. Is we will go through the exact same thing in 2 weeks. There is just no way she can have felt anywhere near fit going on to court tonight. If you aren't fit to play then don't. You just won 6 games against the world number 66. How can this in any way be beneficial.

The thing is too ultimately if there is any point of the season to take off, with the exception of maybe the end of the season it is now. No grand slams in sight. What you don't want is to keep playing through this, go into the summer, the same problem is still lingering and effectively don't give yourself a chance for the entire season.

Someone needs to be getting these messages across. The only saving grace is like I say Sumyk actually seems to be thinking along these lines judging from what he said tonight.

Last edited by ozza : Mar 8th, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #252
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I agree with all what you said. But for me it is two issues. 1) Why is she trying to play through injuries? 2) Why is she getting injured all the time?

Perhaps number 2 is just bad luck. Or she lost some motivation to really prepare. I don't know.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:49 AM   #253
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Meiseles ‏@jmeistennis
Azarenka said in press that she first hurt her foot three days before AO. Diagnosed as nerve damage between toes on her left foot.

That is the first time we've heard anything on what the actual injury is.

Putting an actual time frame on when she should return is impossible. But it's quite obvious right now. If you aren't fit to play then don't. What are you actually achieving right now? What are the actual upsides? The upsides are literally she scrapes through a few matches. But in the scheme of things this doesn't achieve a lot. It doesn't get you healthy, it doesn't get you playing the kind of tennis you want to play, and it takes a lot out of you. You have to think long term, what's ahead of you. There will be plenty more chances to rack up the ranking points if that's really what worries you (but it shouldn't). The most important thing is you get healthy and feeling good on the court once again.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #254
country flag TennisGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
And from what Sumyk told her tonight it's almost certainly not him.
He is smart.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 05:05 AM   #255
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
I agree with all what you said. But for me it is two issues. 1) Why is she trying to play through injuries? 2) Why is she getting injured all the time?

Perhaps number 2 is just bad luck. Or she lost some motivation to really prepare. I don't know.
1) Is an impossible question without literally being her. I would guess she's trying to prove some kind of point. I mean Sumyk basically said as good as I think you should retire when he come on (remember he can't explicitly say that I don't think). It seems narrow and short sighted though.

2) She's always been injury prone. But I don't think it helps when you never really let the injuries heal. Part of the issue is the tennis calendar kind of lends itself to this. It doesn't really provide any opportune breaks of oh I'll have a month off and rest to get well (apart from the off season). There's sacrifices to this wherever you do it.

On the note of 2). Maybe I just haven't observed it before. But Vika was definitely drinking some kind of heavy shake during today's match. I would guess that's come from her new fitness team.