Winter/Spring Hard season - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #31
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of
Re: Winter/Spring Hard season

(6)Halep v BYE
(wc)Dellacqua v Voegele
(wc)de Vroome v Schmiedlova
(29)V.Williams v BYE

(22)Cornet v BYE
Torro-Flor v Petkovic
Meusburger v Dominguez Lino
(10)Cibulkova v BYE

[68]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[69]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #32
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's too bad
She is defending a R4 here though

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #33
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Alize!
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #34
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Annoyed by the attitude of the player, coach Alizé Cornet, Goven, decided to end their collaboration, reveals L'Equipe.
Quote:
L'Equipe: Georges Goven has quit as Alizé Cornet's coach. "I was ready to make an effort with my attitude, but he didn't want to give me a second chance. It's too bad, but there's no drama. We've discussed it a lot and there's no tension between us. We've had an incredible adventure together. I was sad for a couple of days, but you have to move on."

The Fed Cup staff will help Cornet in Miami. She gives herself two months to find a new coach.
[69]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #35
country flag TheJoh

Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 12:25 PM   #36
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all

Alize was not missing her coach yesterday in Miami as she beat Andrea Petkovic in the second round 6-2, 6-7, 6-4. I was at this match and she had the loud vocal support of the Fed Cup coaches. Alize's performance was impressive, there was a lot of very high quality tennis played in sets 2 and 3.

Petko lost her first 5 service games and made a slew of unforced errors as Alize played solid tennis to win the first set. But things turned around early in the second as she tightened up her game. Alize had 3 match points on Petkovic's service game at 5-4 but couldn't convert them due to some stellar play by Petko. In the tie breaker Alize seemed to come unwound. It seemed like the three missed match point were still in her head and Petkovic easily won the breaker 7-0.

The third set was very tight, with both players playing high quality tennis. There were a lot of long rallies and incredible shot making on both sides. Alize was really moving the ball around well...playing great defense and driving the ball into the corners when she got her opportunities. Petkovic stumbled a bit in the seventh game,easily losing her serve to go down 3-4. Alize took advantage and played a gritty service game to go up 5-3. At 5-4 Alize played another tense, high quality game and screamed in joy when Pekovic drove a ball past the baseline on match point.

I have watched many of Alize's matches in Miami through the years and this is the best I have ever seen her play. Petkovic was a very dangerous opponent, and had already won a first round match on center court a few days earlier.

Alize plays Cibulkova in round 3 tomorrow. If she plays as well as yesterday, I like her chances to make the fourth round.
jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2014, 04:51 PM   #37
country flag TheJoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffster;40175642[B
]Alize was not missing her coach yesterday in Miami [/b]as she beat Andrea Petkovic in the second round 6-2, 6-7, 6-4. I was at this match and she had the loud vocal support of the Fed Cup coaches. Alize's performance was impressive, there was a lot of very high quality tennis played in sets 2 and 3.

Petko lost her first 5 service games and made a slew of unforced errors as Alize played solid tennis to win the first set. But things turned around early in the second as she tightened up her game. Alize had 3 match points on Petkovic's service game at 5-4 but couldn't convert them due to some stellar play by Petko. In the tie breaker Alize seemed to come unwound. It seemed like the three missed match point were still in her head and Petkovic easily won the breaker 7-0.

The third set was very tight, with both players playing high quality tennis. There were a lot of long rallies and incredible shot making on both sides. Alize was really moving the ball around well...playing great defense and driving the ball into the corners when she got her opportunities. Petkovic stumbled a bit in the seventh game,easily losing her serve to go down 3-4. Alize took advantage and played a gritty service game to go up 5-3. At 5-4 Alize played another tense, high quality game and screamed in joy when Pekovic drove a ball past the baseline on match point.

I have watched many of Alize's matches in Miami through the years and this is the best I have ever seen her play. Petkovic was a very dangerous opponent, and had already won a first round match on center court a few days earlier.

Alize plays Cibulkova in round 3 tomorrow. If she plays as well as yesterday, I like her chances to make the fourth round.
Did you see Goven
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #38
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all

Alize lost yesterday to Cibulkova in the third round of Miami 7-6, 6-4. This was not a good showing for either player and it was a bit ugly to watch at times. Alize had all kinds of chances to win the first set. She was up 5-2 with a two service break lead, but was broken twice in a row to even up the set at 5-5. She broke Domi agin to go up 6-5, but again lost her serve to send it to a tiebreaker. In the breaker Alize fell behind quickly and looked to be out of the set, but Cibulkova couldn't close it out and Alize actually had a set point on her serve at 6-5. Unfortunately she couldn't convert it, and eventually double-faulted the set away.

The second set started with a string of breaks as neither player could hold serve. At one point Alize received a medical time out and was treated on court by the trainer. She had some blue tape on her inner thigh from the start of the match, and the trainer seemed to be stretching her leg during the treatment. It looked to me like Alize was moving just fine around the court and I'm not sure how much this "injury" really affected her. In the end, Domi played the long rallies just a little bit better, and seemed just a little more inspired to win the match. What was really apparent was how ineffective both players first serves were. They both served over 70% on their first serves, but won only 50% of those points. Alize lost 7 of her 11 service games, and its pretty hard to win a match if you can't hold serve.

This was definitely a winnable match because Domi was off her game, but unfortunately so was Alize. I did not see Goven, but Mauresmo and the other Fed Cup coaches were courtside supporting her.
jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote