Vakulenko hits 13 aces against Frazier! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:17 AM   #1
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
Vakulenko hits 13 aces against Frazier!

i just started looking over some match stats and vakulenko hit 13 aces against frazier in a 6-2 6-4 win in the match they just had.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:19 AM   #2
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
their stats arent trust worthy...last year they were wrong most of the time...

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #3
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Well done Julia none the less..
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #4
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
yes, it was still a good win. it was her fourht win in a wta maindraw. the other wins were over craybas, gagliardi in may 2002 and tulyaganova in 2001. i'm a bit surprised about those wins over gagliardi and tulyaganova because at that time those players were in good form. gagliardi had come off her semi-final run at indian wells and iroda was haviing her breakthrough year and she won the matches in straight sets. 3 out of her 4 wins on the tour have been in staright sets which is a stat that i hope she can keep building on.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:37 AM   #5
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Vakulenko beats Frazier at Bausch & Lomb
By Associated Press, 4/14/2003 20:33
AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. (AP) Showing no lingering effects from two broken hands last year, Julia Vakulenko upset Amy Frazier on Monday in the opening round of the Bausch & Lomb Championships.

''I served really well,'' Vakulenko said after her 6-2, 6-4 victory at Amelia Island Plantation. ''I didn't make a lot of mistakes.''

Vakulenko thought she was on the verge of breaking into the top 100 in the world rankings before her freak injuries just two days apart last June. She fractured a bone in her left hand when she fell at her Barcelona home, then she broke her right hand when she fell during practice.

She then strained an abdominal muscle and missed six months. She couldn't get dressed by herself, or tie her shoes.

''My mom had to help me,'' the 19-year-old Ukrainian said. ''It was difficult to sleep, because I couldn't put my hands anywhere.''

Vakulenko used powerful ground strokes from both her forehand and backhand Monday, and kept Frazier running along the baseline.

The tournament lost 1998 champion Mary Pierce, who withdrew because of a hip injury and a sinus infection. Pierce strained her right hip in last week's Family Circle Cup in Charleston, S.C.

She will be replaced in the field by Russian Alina Jidkova.

The 43rd-ranked Frazier was the highest-ranked player to lose Monday. Other winners were No. 29 Vera Zvonareva, No. 48 Nicole Pratt and No. 53 Jill Craybas.

No. 86 Tathiana Garbin rallied from a 4-6, 1-5 deficit to beat American Shenay Perry in three sets. Garbin won nine consecutive games before Perry was able to hold service at 3-1 in the third set. Garbin survived 43 unforced errors and seven double faults.

@ the accidents
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:37 AM   #6
country flag brunof

brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future
Wow. Good to see Amy back, but a sad loss here.
Go Anne Keothavong, Akgul Amanmuradova, Samantha Stosur, Na Li, Liga Dekmeijere, Tamarine Tanasugarn ,Jill Craybas, Daniela Hantuchova, Natalie Grandin, Kimiko Date-Krumm, Elena Baltacha, Melanie South, Dominika Cibulkova, Caroline Wozniacki, Jie Zheng, Andrea Petkovic, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Jankovic
brunof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:42 AM   #7
country flag Gowza

thanx for the article Spicy Bullet.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #8
country flag brunof

brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future
Watch out of the up and coming young Ukrainians...
Go Anne Keothavong, Akgul Amanmuradova, Samantha Stosur, Na Li, Liga Dekmeijere, Tamarine Tanasugarn ,Jill Craybas, Daniela Hantuchova, Natalie Grandin, Kimiko Date-Krumm, Elena Baltacha, Melanie South, Dominika Cibulkova, Caroline Wozniacki, Jie Zheng, Andrea Petkovic, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Jankovic
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:47 AM   #9
country flag brunof

Here is a pic. Love butterflies...

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:48 AM   #10
country flag Gowza

doesn't work for me, i just see a tripod thing.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:49 AM   #11
Jordan.

*stab* Tripod
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:57 AM   #12
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute
Mary
Omg @ Julia's Hand Injuries
Shenay...

Thanks for the article Jordan.

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote