Kimberly Birrell - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:38 AM   #1
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of
Kimberly Birrell

Kim had some great results in senior ITFs last year and is into the SFs of the Australian Open juniors. Has a great game, and a great attitude on court. She never gives up, no matter the scoreline.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:51 AM   #2
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
A thread

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:41 AM   #3
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of
Re: Kimberly Birrell

great effort to reach the semis as a 15 year old. Real potential here!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:03 AM   #4
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Which current player does she play similar to?
No press coverage about her AO semi appearance which is sad
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:11 PM   #5
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

Good Luck!
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:42 PM   #6
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok-stos View Post
Which current player does she play similar to?
No press coverage about her AO semi appearance which is sad
I think if she reaches the final that may change.

She has a very effortless graceful style. Somone like Anna Chakvadtze is similar and possibly Simona Halep.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:42 PM   #7
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Australia
TOUGH BIRRELL FIGHTS HER WAY TO AUSTRALIAN OPEN SEMIFINAL
There are some players that thrive on the contest, that love the fight. Kimberly Birrell is fast earning a reputation as one of those players. Today she won through to the semifinals to the girls' singles at the Australian Open.

Melbourne VIC, Australia, 23 January 2014 | Rob Sheeley 1 5

Kimberly Birrell in action during the 2014 Australian Open Junior Championships at Melbourne Park on January 23, 2014 in Melbourne, Australia.
There are some players that thrive on the contest, that love the fight. Kimberly Birrell is fasting earning a reputation as one of those players.

Today Birrell won her fourth match in the girls’ singles at the Australian Open to advance to the semifinals. Three of those four matches have been gruelling three-set affairs that have lasted over two hours, but that is not worrying Birrell in the slightest.

“I’ve had so many three-set matches that I think now that any time it goes to a third set, it works in my favour,” Birrell said after coming from behind to defeat Polish 10th seed Anastasiya Komardina 6-7 (7) 6-1 6-3.

After going down in a titanic first-set tiebreak, Birrell was forced to mentally regroup and attempt to haul back the ascendency, something she admits wasn’t easy.

“It’s not easy, I had three set-points in the first set too, so it was a bit disappointing not being able to get those but as soon as that happened, I just had to put it behind me and concentrate on winning the next point and the next set.”

And that was exactly what the 15-year-old did, with great success too, all the time being supported by a vocal crowd who desperately wanted to get the Queenslander over the line.

“The crowd were amazing.

“It’s a pretty crazy feeling hearing your name being chanted out.

“You try to have four walls around you when you play, but having that in the back of your head definitely helps a lot.”

Birrell managed a first serve percentage of 58% today which is slightly below her tournament standard; she plans on wasting no time in ensuring it is spot-on for tomorrow’s semifinal.

“Down on that court (Show Court 3), I think it gets a little bit swirly with the wind. My serve wasn’t quite as good today.

“I’m going to go back out on the practice court this afternoon just to see if I can improve that a bit for tomorrow.”

Awaiting Birrell in the semifinal is Croatian Jana Fett, an opponent who she has never played.

“I don’t really know her too much. But my coach and I will sit down tonight and have a talk and come up with a game plan for tomorrow.”

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 07:13 AM   #8
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Kim lost in SF to Jana Fett 60 64. A great tournament for Kim.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #9
country flag Kəv.

BIRRELL ENDS AMAZING WEEK AT THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN
For Kimberly Birrell, it probably ended one day earlier than she would have liked it to. But today was just the culmination of a superb week for her at the Australian Open. She says it's only the beginning.

For Kimberly Birrell, her week probably ended one day earlier than she would have liked it to. Today she went down in the Australian Open girls’ singles semifinal 6-0 6-4 to Croatian Jana Fett. But today was just the culmination of a superb week for Birrell, who at just 15 has achieved great things.

“It has been a great week, it’s been amazing, I still don’t want it to end. I’ve learnt so much about myself.” Birrell said after the match.

“I’ve had some real positives come out of this week so I have to concentrate on those and not hang on to the disappointment too long.

“I’ve just got to get back on the practice court and keep going, it’s only the beginning.”

The initiation into any Grand Slam semifinal is tough and today was no different for Birrell when she met a red-hot Fett who oozed power from the very first game. However she says that, if and when this opportunity arises again, she now has a wealth of knowledge she can call on.

“I was a little bit more nervous heading into this one, it was a semifinal, I’ve never been in this situation before, I think it’s going to help a lot next year.

“I wish I could go out and play that match again; I’d like to have had a better start.

“If I’m ever in this situation again it’s an experience I’ll be able to call on.”

For a fleeting moment during the second set, it looked as though Birrell was about to stage one of the comebacks she has made a trademark of hers this week.

“I just wanted to finish the week the way I started it, I wanted to fight for every point.

“I think I tried my hardest but she was just better on the day.”

One of the biggest positives for Birrell is how much improvement she knows that she is capable of. It could be scary to ponder just how good she will be this time next year and beyond.

“I think I have so many things that I can still improve on.

“The strength and physical side of my game is something I’ll always be able to improve on, I’ve been working very hard in the past six months and definitely want to keep improving on that.

“I’ve had an ab (abdominal) injury in the last few weeks and I’ve just got over that and I haven’t been able to practice my serve as much, so hopefully I can keep working on that.”

While Birrell’s run of success at Melbourne Park this week is largely due to her stellar form, she says the support of those closest to her as well as the parochial Aussie crowds was a massive fillip for her confidence.

“Being here at home, having the home crowd, the support I have had has been crazy, incredible, I couldn’t ask for anything more.

“Having my family here and my amazing coach and team, I really owe everything to them.”

Unfortunately for the Gold Coast 15-year-old, she will be back to reality with a thud in the coming weeks as she returns to the grind of “normal” life.

“I’m going to head home; I’m starting year 11 so back to school,” she said with a wry smile that may well of veiled some lament.

One thing is for certain, if things go to plan for Kimberly Birrell, next year, things may well end a day later and with a trophy.

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #10
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't seem like a bogan so maybe there will be an Aussie I like

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #11
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
She doesn't seem like a bogan so maybe there will be an Aussie I like
Wait, but Hon, Bains etc. Arent bogans

And I thought you already liked her

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #12
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Wait, but Hon, Bains etc. Arent bogans

And I thought you already liked her

I do like Priscilla Hon Naiktha Bains pisses me off because of the hype and because she isn't as good as people think I also don't like people who get too spoilt and while Kim and Priscilla haven't been too much Bains and Tomic And BTW who is part of the etcetera who aren't bogans

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:46 AM   #13
country flag Kəv.

I don't know what you would classify as 'bogans', aren't they just racist white drunk stupid people?

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:49 AM   #14
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
I don't know what you would classify as 'bogans', aren't they just racist white drunk stupid people?
Yes

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:56 AM   #15
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Yes
I wouldnt really classify any of the Australian girls as bogans than