Paris [indoors] 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:51 AM   #1
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light
Paris [indoors] 2014

Am I right when I say that in order to improve her points after this tournament she has to reach minimum in the final?

I mean until Indian Wells she has to exceed 280 points to add smth to what she has. Right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:03 AM   #2
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all
Re: Paris [indoors] 2014

Yes, you're right. But even if the point's are not useful in the near future, they may be useful later and for the Road to Singapore.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:23 AM   #3
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Simona needs to take as much points as she can until Rome, since i don`t think she`s capable to defend all those points from her late 2013 tournaments, and definitely will not be playing those MM tournaments again.

LE: Good news for us who live in Romania, the tournament will be broadcast live by digisport. I just hope she`ll be ready and fit considering the travel she have to make from Australia to France via Romania.

Last edited by s0higher : Jan 23rd, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:43 AM   #4
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

the MM's are very important this season . 280 points are a lot .
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:52 AM   #5
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Yes, she has to defend 900 points in MM tournaments not counting the 375 points from Sofia, and that`s a lot, but, I might be wrong here, now that she`s top 10 I don`t think she will be allowed to attend as much MM`s like she did last year. Maybe someone who`s better informed than me about WTA rules should clarify that
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:55 AM   #6
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Yes, she has to defend 840 points in MM tournaments, and that`s a lot, but, I might be wrong here, now that she`s top 10 I don`t think she will be allowed to attend as much MM`s like she did last year. Maybe someone who`s better informed than me about WTA rules should clarify that
She was no.11 at the beginning of the year so the rule doesn't apply this year.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:29 PM   #7
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2210 View Post
She was no.11 at the beginning of the year so the rule doesn't apply this year.
What rule is that about? 6 MM tournaments a year it's not so much. I mean the GS (4), PM (4) & P5 (2) make it 10. But anyway Simona has in her ranks only 3 (Budapest, Hertogenbosch, Nuernberg). Anyway that's not incredibly much, a final in a P5 and one in P12 (both easily affordable imo) would compensate. About Moscow and New Haven let's only consider the PMs where she only has 140 points. I think half of the points from the 2 tournaments will be easily compensated in the 4 PMs. So... i do not think as somebody above said that the points in paris would be very helpful in the future. Only a title would really count I really hope that the new coach will make her pass dubai
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM   #8
country flag george2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartolomeu View Post
What rule is that about? 6 MM tournaments a year it's not so much. I mean the GS (4), PM (4) & P5 (2) make it 10. But anyway Simona has in her ranks only 3 (Budapest, Hertogenbosch, Nuernberg). Anyway that's not incredibly much, a final in a P5 and one in P12 (both easily affordable imo) would compensate. About Moscow and New Haven let's only consider the PMs where she only has 140 points. I think half of the points from the 2 tournaments will be easily compensated in the 4 PMs. So... i do not think as somebody above said that the points in paris would be very helpful in the future. Only a title would really count I really hope that the new coach will make her pass dubai
When you finisg the year in Top 10 you are allowed to play in only maximum 2 MM.
That 4 PM would be a bonus. Beside that 10 tournaments you mentioned there are 6 other MMs or Premiers that count. So the points from Paris are helpful, but not immediately.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:59 PM   #9
country flag s0higher

Amartolomeu
Sorana te iubim
Si cu tine vrem sa fim

Take a number and get behind the line mate
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:05 PM   #10
country flag Amartolomeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Amartolomeu
Sorana te iubim
Si cu tine vrem sa fim

Take a number and get behind the line mate
I got a number since her french QFs i got a ban on her blog back then because of my desires but i still hope and wait her invitation.
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #11
country flag Amartolomeu

1st round
Simona Halep - Kristina Mladenovic

Have anybody see Mladenovic playing? Does she has any specific qualities?
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #12
country flag george2210

Mladenovic plays the mixed doubles final tomorrow morning at Australian Open. She will be a kind of zombie in Paris.
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #13
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

I think she should withdraw and spend the week getting to know her new coach.
Chasing points is never a good idea. It didn't help Wozniacki or Jankovic in the long run, just the opposite.
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #14
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
I think she should withdraw and spend the week getting to know her new coach.
Chasing points is never a good idea. It didn't help Wozniacki or Jankovic in the long run, just the opposite.
Dude , you already said it a lot of times. Now that the draw is made, she will not withdraw.

P.s : I don't think opening a thread for each tournament is a good idea.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Gallovits-Hall, Bogdan, Dulgheru *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #139 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #80 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #15
country flag Amartolomeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Dude , you already said it a lot of times. Now that the draw is made, she will not withdraw.

P.s : I don't think opening a thread for each tournament is a good idea.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Why not? Order is always better than chaos