Can we finally say Ana is back? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #16
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can we finally say Ana is back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
I disagree. No matter what, Ana's trend line cannot be denied. She's playing great tennis - meeting the moment's demand. That's something she absolutely had not been doing. She's shored up a previously compromised serve, not chasing errant tosses anymore. Her backhand, while I'm still not convinced isn't a liability, it has certainly improved. And with her great footwork around the ball (and it has to be great to run around her backhand as well as she does), that forehand has become even more of a weapon.

If Ana can maintain this level, she not only back, she's back with a vengeance. And I say good for her.
I think it is a bit too early to call but maybe that is just me .

She was negative in her ratio of winners to UE against Serena who was moving downright dreadfully, which isn't a good indicator IMO.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #17
country flag F2DaH

F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold F2DaH is a splendid one to behold

There have been over times over the years when we've thought she was back. A player as mental as Ana needs to do a lot more for me to say so. I hope she can be a top 5 threat again.
F2DaH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #18
country flag somethingkinda

somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
i want the gif! please someone T_T

it's a crazy black girl saying that she's back. (btw who is she? i see her in a lot of gif in here.)
Ana may not be 2008 'back' but she definitely has momentum on her side and I think she could finish the year with the highest ranking since 2008. So, she's kinda back.

I think you're talking about New York
somethingkinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #19
country flag Innocent!

Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future Innocent! has a brilliant future

thank you
Innocent! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #20
country flag ajp31077

ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light ajp31077 is a glorious beacon of light

She beat serena Williams. Something only 3 players have only been able to do in the past year and a half. She is on a 9-0 win streak and is into the quarter finals of a grand slam. With this alone she will be moving up to 12 and a SF will bring her to 11. She already has made nearly $300,000 in half a month. Yeah...she back. This is the fastest "back" she can produce. Nocking out the the world number one, her sister and the home favorite on the way. Azarenka can't do that. Sharapova can't do that. And Halep can't even think about that. She's playing like a top 5 player and soon will be one. Stop hating cus ur fav player is 0-3 this year or because your player has no fans and you automatically get on the defensive when anther player is in the spot light. ANA IVANOVIC IS FUCKING BACK!!!!
ajp31077 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #21
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post
I think it is a bit too early to call but maybe that is just me .

She was negative in her ratio of winners to UE against Serena who was moving downright dreadfully, which isn't a good indicator IMO.
Didn't realize Ana was in the negative on UE/W ratio. It is surprising b/c it certainly didn't "feel" that way.

I'm, for the most part, looking her trajectory and mentality and comparing it to where she's been. For me, by that standard, I think she's back. But proving it with a finals showing or minting it with a win would confirm it. Personally, if Serena can't get it done, I'm glad to see Ana doing it. Back in the day, I damn near called her the next JCap, and then she made a liar out of me. So, maybe I'm bias.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #22
country flag SocaBrainwash

SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute

Let homegirl at least get to the final or win the AO. Otherwise this just looks silly.
SocaBrainwash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:14 AM   #23
country flag SocaBrainwash

SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
i want the gif! please someone T_T

it's a crazy black girl saying that she's back. (btw who is she? i see her in a lot of gif in here.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingkinda View Post
Ana may not be 2008 'back' but she definitely has momentum on her side and I think she could finish the year with the highest ranking since 2008. So, she's kinda back.

I think you're talking about New York
More specifically:

SocaBrainwash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #24
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didn't realize Ana was in the negative on UE/W ratio. It is surprising b/c it certainly didn't "feel" that way.

I'm, for the most part, looking her trajectory and mentality and comparing it to where she's been. For me, by that standard, I think she's back. But proving it with a finals showing or minting it with a win would confirm it. Personally, if Serena can't get it done, I'm glad to see Ana doing it. Back in the day, I damn near called her the next JCap, and then she made a liar out of me. So, maybe I'm bias.
She definitely is on the up and up.... the question is how far has she gone to get her 08 slam winning level back?

We'll find that out in the next round, I figure.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #25
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

If she makes the final, I'll say she's back.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:04 AM   #26
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

She returned well last night well done to her. But she won because Serena couldn't rotate because of her back and hit a backhand at all

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM   #27
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold

In matches like against Serena, Sam or Venus, Ana showed that mentally she is back. I think there were signs in late last year already. Her ball toss and serve is still not as good as 2008, but hoping for good 2014!!
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #28
country flag Skochko

Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of

Quote:
She had a +6 ratio. 33 winners and 27 errors. Misinformation in this thread.

The title of this thread should be "Can we finally stop making posts and threads about Ana being back?"
Skochko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #29
country flag cp9

cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light cp9 is a glorious beacon of light

I say she's back. And I think the comeback of Ana Ivanovic is probably due to the fuckload of memes about her. Maybe she saw it and was motivated by our putdowns.
cp9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #30
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
Jesus, she just won a 4th round match, give it a rest already... wait at least a few more matches.
Bitter

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up) ,Ranking: World #33
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014, Western & Southern Open 2014,US Open 2014, Ranking: World #1
Ana Ivanovic forever
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote