Yays for Yana Koroleva! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #1
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Yays for Yana Koroleva!

Name: Yana Koroleva
Birthdate: Dec. 18, 1992
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova

Last edited by Tennis Fool : Aug 17th, 2010 at 12:41 AM.
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #2
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yays for Yana Koroleva!

Amazing that Yana started out the year without a ranking and has risen to #696 in the world! Also, this month she grabbed her first career title, the 10K Williamsburg, VA on clay.

For that she makes In the News... on the Russian Watch
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 05:50 AM   #3
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Is she any relation to Evgeny Korolev?
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Tennis Fool

^ Good question...probably not

She got to the finals of a 10K in Cuba, and makes In The News on this week's RW
Putintseva #1 player

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #5
Tennis Fool

Yana is back! Got to the SFs of 25K Moscow on clay. New high ranking of #399. Makes Also in the News... on the RW
Putintseva #1 player

Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM   #6
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Miss Koroleva popped into my head the other day, and I said to myself, "Whatever happened to her? Is she injured? Hopefully she isn't gone for good, because she really seemed talented." So I went and did a bit of digging, and guess what I found... Okay, here's a hint: Go Clemson!

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2...ass-g/?print=1
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Tennis Fool

That's good to know! Her ranking is gone now, as she hasn't played in a year.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #8
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Well, haven't seen this girl in draws for years, but now she suddenly pops up again. In the 25K QD for Raleigh, USA, this is her section.

(2)Di Zhao (CHN) v BYE
Tristen Z. Dewar (USA) v Tanya Noury (USA)
Elyse Steiner (USA) v Alexandra Aiello (USA)
(11)Hayley Carter (USA) v Yana Koroleva (RUS)

Making a come back after what, 2 years? She is still only 19! Good luck on your comeback, Yana

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Good luck to all russian and dutch players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Tennis Fool

Actually, she stopped playing ITF to attend school, Clemson University in South Carolina. Probably on a tennis scholarship.

Here's her page: http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/...va_yana00.html

She's also on Twitter.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #10
Tennis Fool

Yana wins her opening match, upsetting Hayley, 63 62! Up next, Elyse.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 8th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #11
Tennis Fool

Yana ran over Elyse, 60 62. Now faces #2 Di Zhao for a spot in the main draw. Zhao leads their h2h 1:0.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #12
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Nice

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Good luck to all russian and dutch players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #13
Tennis Fool

Ran over Zhao 1 & 2
Into the main draw. Her section:

6)Marie-Eve Pelletier (CAN) v (Q)Lauren Albanese (USA)
Alexandra Stevenson (USA) v (Q)Samantha Crawford (USA)
Alexis King (USA) v Maria-Fernanda Alves (BRA)
(Q)Yana Koroleva (RUS) v (wc)Whitney Jones (USA)

Should at least win the first match.
Putintseva #1 player

Old May 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #14
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #15
Tennis Fool

^ Not the most elegant picture But she has chances for more. Won her first main draw match since Sept. 2010, defeating Whitney, 60 62. So far has only lost 12 games in 4 matches.

Up next, Alexis King. Alexis has a 1:0 lead in the h2h.
Putintseva #1 player