If Monica retired, how would you react? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 09:48 PM   #1
country flag selesfan87

selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice selesfan87 is just really nice
If Monica retired, how would you react?

I think Monica makes tournaments for interesting, and if she retired I wouldn't show so much interest in them.

Hopefuly Monica won't retire for ages and will get better soon and will be fit enough to play!
selesfan87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 09:52 PM   #2
country flag ▀coene

▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future ▀coene has a brilliant future
I would be sad because I haven't seen her play enough.
She's one of my favourite players but I hardly ever see her play.
It's not the time yet, she must reenter the top 10.
▀coene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #3
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
this is all i would do for SO LONG:

Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #4
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
:
:
Never come

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:01 PM   #5
11/11/11

i would miss monica so much...i would still follow tennis with all my other faves but it wouldnt be the same

i will dread the day when this happens....but at least i know that when monica does do it she will be happy...
Never come

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:05 PM   #6
country flag CJ07

CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute CJ07 has a reputation beyond repute
id be dissapointed, but id get over it

theres still Venus
CJ07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #7
selesrules

selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well, it depends, if she retires on a high note like wins a 10th slam or if she makes a decision on her own terms and is happy with it, then it will be hard on me but I guess it will be easier to accept.

However if she retires because she's having injuries and her career ends on a low note, then I would really really be crushed.

My dream would be that she wins Wimbledon this year and ends her career in a stunning way. My nightmare is that she will continue having injuries and then she will simply be forced to leave and move on. Monica deserves to leave tennis on a high note and it's not too late, look at Jana, Steffi, Andre, etc. they all won slams when they were older.

And I will lose a lot of interest for tennis when she leaves, but I'm sure I'd still watch a little bit of tennis when it's on tv, but won't follow it on a daily or weekly bases like now.

But whatever happens, I'll be very proud of Monica and very thankful for everything she has done in tennis. A true champion!

Last edited by selesrules : Apr 12th, 2003 at 10:16 PM.
selesrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #8
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
I'd cry.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:13 PM   #9
country flag Seles_Beckham

Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all
I think the day that she retired will be a very day...

I will be soo sad...

- SARAJEVO - BiH

- Mervana Jugić-Salkić ( 24-5 )
Seles_Beckham is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:14 PM   #10
calabar

calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of calabar has much to be proud of
I'd say thanks for the memories. You've been great. It's been fun.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Until the philosophy which holds one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war...

- Bob Marley/Haile Selassie
calabar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:43 PM   #11
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
calabar's response would be the same as mine.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 10:59 PM   #12
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think I'd cry but I'd be a little sad. I think I've gotten over that 'what could have happened if that incident never happened...' stage so I'd be ok with her retiring. I'd like to see her start a family like dear Steffi and enjoy her millions.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #13
King Lindsay

King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point King Lindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if she does retire, I can guarantee that she'll do a lucrative exhibition tour. I'd be shocked if she doesn't. so you'll probably have the chance to see her play even after she retires.
King Lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 11:17 PM   #14
billie_jean_king

billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice
I'd say 'shit' and then call someone and ask them to play Fed Cup instead.

I'd like to call Jen though.
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 11:30 PM   #15
country flag Pamela Shriver

Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute
I'll play Billie! Pick me! Pick me!!
~I Loves My George but not that skanky Lazenby granddad~This game has gone to DOOSE~~I won the Olympic Gold~~The BEST commentator~~My vowels rulez the air~~ Ping-Pong Pam~~Style Guru: The Pamfro, Voted Hairstyle of the Yr 1983~~Click here to see my fantastic web site created by my adoring 'fan'
Pamela Shriver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote