'Miss You' U.S. Troops(article) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2003, 06:49 PM   #1
country flag CanadianBoy21

CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute
'Miss You' U.S. Troops(article)

'Miss You' U.S. Troops
Glenn Gamboa

April 6, 2003

Aaliyah’s lovely ballad "Miss You" is becoming an anthem for many with friends and family involved in the war in Iraq for its chorus of "It’s been too long and I’m lost without you/What am I gonna do ... Is

your heart still mine? I wanna cry sometimes/I miss you." The song, which is really about losing touch with an old boyfriend, was written years ago by Aaliyah, who died in a plane crash in 2001.

"It's eerie that the song was written by her, who we continue to miss, and that it's able to be used now by so many others," said David Nathan, vice president of promotion at Universal/Motown Records. "But 'Miss You' is obviously a good phrase to use to describe troops overseas."

"Miss You," which had already topped the R&B charts for several weeks, seemed to have peaked two weeks ago, when it slipped from No. 4 to No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. However, since the start of the war, the song has rebounded, as radio stations began to increase the song's airplay, due, in part, to listener requests. This past week, the song climbed to No. 3 and could challenge 50 Cent's "In Da Club" for the top spot within the next two weeks.

The video - which made a big splash at MTV when it was released since stars ranging from Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott to Toni Braxton joined forces to lip sync to Aaliyah's vocals as a tribute to her - is also seeing a resurgence, recently returning to MTV's Top 5. As the tearful dedications of "Miss You" continue, it shows that the singer is still missed and not soon forgotten.

http://www.aaliyahicare4u.com/flash/_shell.html
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...anfare%2Dprint
CanadianBoy21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 12:22 AM   #2
country flag CanadianBoy21

CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute CanadianBoy21 has a reputation beyond repute
*bump*
CanadianBoy21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote