Australian Open R4: (1) Serena Williams vs (14) Ana Ivanovic - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Serena in 2 128 67.37%
Serena in 3 11 5.79%
Ana in 2 16 8.42%
Ana in 3 35 18.42%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #46
country flag Darth Vader

Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of Darth Vader has much to be proud of
Re: Australian Open R4: (1) Serena Williams vs (14) Ana Ivanovic

This broke well for Serena.

Tennis is often a game of match-ups.

I think Sam could have given Serena trouble. Ana and her game do not.

There were times in the match tonight that Ana was playing some of the best tennis I have seen her play in years. I thought after she lost the first set she had lost the match. Credit her mental toughness for coming back and beating Sam in 2 sets. But she doesn't have the type of game that will bother Serena.
Darth Vader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #47
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Try to win a set qurl

Let's not run before we can walk

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #48
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

swing freely ana. its the only chance you've got
hopefully it will be an entertaining match and not a complete snoozefest like the hantuchova match.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #49
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future

Serena wins this but if Ana serves well like she did against Venus, then she might finally win a set. Ana's serve and forehand look to be in the best shape I've seen them in years. But it has taken her nearly 6 years since her fall from grace.

But Ana is the type of player Serena likes. Ana will try to match Serena in power, but will over hit. And Serena will exploit her movement.
If the temps are down where they are expected or this is a night match, then Serena's form should return to normal.
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #50
country flag somethingkinda

somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold somethingkinda is a splendid one to behold

Ana's too scared of Serena.

Williams, without hesitation. One tight set and an easy one, 6-4, 6-2
somethingkinda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #51
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie Ana will have lot of support, but that would not be enough to stop destiny

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #52
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling-Thunder View Post
Serena wins this but if Ana serves well like she did against Venus, then she might finally win a set. Ana's serve and forehand look to be in the best shape I've seen them in years. But it has taken her nearly 6 years since her fall from grace.

But Ana is the type of player Serena likes. Ana will try to match Serena in power, but will over hit. And Serena will exploit her movement.
If the temps are down where they are expected or this is a night match, then Serena's form should return to normal.
Yes, I agree. Ana is the type of player Serena enjoys playing because she hits the ball flat enough that Serena can tee off of. As for the heat, the temps should be in the 70 s which will benefit Serena a lot.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #53
country flag Human Nature

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetJJ View Post
Try to win a set qurl

Why do you have serena in your sig.!? you always root against her .
Human Nature is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #54
country flag wtennisphan

wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetJJ View Post
Try to win a set qurl

What? . Look at you're sig. It's not JJ or LiNa playing Serena.
wtennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #55
country flag wtennisphan

wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling-Thunder View Post

I agree with second paragraph, but Serena is FAR better returner than Venus. Off the ground, Serena employs more angles and spins as well. Also Ana's second serve is very attackable. She'd have to have a high service percentage to not be broken. Ivanovic will have to play her backhand side very solidly to win the set, because Serena will try to drag her off court on that wing and then hit to the open court.
wtennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #56

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtennisphan View Post
What? . Look at you're sig. It's not JJ or LiNa playing Serena.
I swear tchiip..
More like another in the closet hater .
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #57
country flag Alexandros
Jail food ah de best.

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chat View Post
Why do you have serena in your sig.!? you always root against her .
Such nonsene. Ive seen him root for her many times. What is it to you anyway who is and isn't in his sig?
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #58
country flag Rena P

Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold Rena P is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Worker View Post
Ana should start praying for heat and high humidity.
Why? it will only help Serena...she lives in Florida and is used to the heat. Ana needs to pray that she doesn't get humiliated by the Queen on Sunday
Rena P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #59
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
I hate this matchup. Ana gives Serena no rhythm whatsoever. She always brings Serena's level down and its never the beatdown you expect when a player of Serena's calibre plays a player like Ana.
64 75

If need be, The lord can play in the depths of hell. Australia is nothing.
Serena played well in 3 of their 4 matches I thought. 2006 was certainly the best match she played all year, 2009 was arguably the best non-slam match she played all year, and their 2012 encounter was a standard beatdown. Only the 2011 USO match was a horror show.

Ivanovic can/will probably annoy Serena for a 5-10 minute spell with flashy winners, but Serena will crank up the pace and subdue her as per usual. Something like 6-2 6-4.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Such nonsene. Ive seen him root for her many times. What is it to you anyway who is and isn't in his sig?

He can have whoever he wants , but don't pretends to be someone you are not ( here serena fan ) , you could be caught up on the basis of your own information .
I am not the only one who have noticed that by the way .