I Had A Look At The Rankings Today... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 08:16 AM   #1
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
I Had A Look At The Rankings Today...

...and noticed Bryanne Stewart has taken a mighty swan dive down to no.314 this week

What the hell happened to her? Whilst I never thought she was an exceptional talent, she is WAY above this. At least a top 150 player.

Meanwhile, Cindy Watson....where is she hiding? She's not faring much better at 260, but I always thought low 200's/high 100's was the ideal spot for her. Anyway, she too is better than her current ranking.

Hope the girls can pull it together, but the future doesn't look too bright...they'll just have to get off their butts and work.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:24 AM   #2
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of
I had a high opinion of Stewart particularly during the 2001 Aus summer circuit. She played a doubles with Musgrave against Kournikova and Harald at the Gold Coast and was so brilliant that they won a set 6-1. Her game at that point was so smooth, aggressive that i had high hopes.

Now I wonder if she'll get back into the top 200. Her game is so stiff and she so afraid to hit her topspin backhand, when a few years ago it was a beautiful shot. Her attitude on court is poor now, that I think it's another Aus talent gone.
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #3
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
As of next week McQuillan will be Number 5 in Australia and to think she was number 10 only a few months back!

A few Aussies have dropped back! Watson and Dittmann out of the top 250. Musgrave and Stewart out of the top 300. Hewitt out of the top 500! I thought Jaslyn might have given up but I see she has committed to some tournaments next month which is good to see! I still believe she has top 250 potential if she can improve her first serve!

Movin up you have McShea up to 280 roughly. Breadmore will keep rising as she has no real points to defend until really October!!

Van Elden down to 390's, and Wheeler soon to be out of the top 200 things arent really looking great for the battling aussies!

It seems at the moment that a lot of players are ranked well below their talent, mainly poor scheduling as the cause!

Think some of the Aussies need to take lessons from Breadmore, Stone, and even Evie when it comes to scheduling!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #4
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Ausboy

You make an excellent point about poor scheduling. I think that has been an issue for a long time for the lower ranked Aussie girls. They should be playing a lot of these Challenger events in the US at the moment. They are not going to get anywhere by sticking to Australian soil.

Don't know if it is a money issue, though Stewart and Watson while not rich, should have enough to be playing these tournaments.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 09:54 PM   #5
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Stewart has far more prizemoney than Watson. Bryanne is playing this week in Mexico $25K with Stone, Breadmore and Summerside. A good decision as these tournaments are generally weak and should pick up some easy ranking points.

Watson I have no idea what she is doing, possibly has been working to save some money.

Its a pity Musgrave and McQuillan aren't playing in Mexico or even Sekulowski!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #6
country flag Mattographer
Also known as AlexSydney

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY
Stewart has far more prizemoney than Watson. Bryanne is playing this week in Mexico $25K with Stone, Breadmore and Summerside. A good decision as these tournaments are generally weak and should pick up some easy ranking points.

Watson I have no idea what she is doing, possibly has been working to save some money.

Its a pity Musgrave and McQuillan aren't playing in Mexico or even Sekulowski!
Me too Rachel should playing in Mexico...

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #7
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of
I have always been a bit critical of Rachel's scheduling over the years. She never seems to want to string a decent number of tournies together to get some form. I remember her saying years ago that she prefers to play, say 3 tournies and then rest. But often in Rachel's case she may lose early in these tournies and never get a decent hit-out.
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #8
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Not much different from todays ranking probebly worse
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 04:43 AM   #9
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you dig this one up from? lol

Back then, it was a surprise to see Bryanne drop to 300, because she had been a solid top 200 player for a couple years.

Now (ironically) it's quite encouraging to see her at the 300 mark considering she dropped to the mid 400's.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #10
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
from the nether pages
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote