How to play?
- Commit and Submit
1. Commit to each tournament before the deadline. Alternates and lucky losers will only be placed in the draw if no picks were submitted in the first round of each tournament.
2. Check the entry list and the main draw to make sure your name is on there. Draws will not be alternated if mistakes were found after the tournament has begun.
3. Submit 1 pick and 1 back up pick from the order of play to the manager unless the manager plays against you (in this case a back up manager will be designated). Each pick must contain the last name of chosen player and pts of the match. Make sure the tournament name is in the subject of the private message.
Subject: TKO Brisbane
Pick: Pavlyuchenkova 6-4 6-3
Back Up: Ivanovic 6-4 3-6 6-3
4. Review the picks and the results the manager posted to make sure they are correct. If in doubt, always submit picks for the next round of matches to avoid losing due to errors.
5. Once a player has been used the player cannot be picked again for the latter rounds of the tournament. Back up player will be consider used only if the main pick player is invalid. In the case where both players picked the correct player to win as the first pick and the results were determined by the back up pick, both the main pick and the back up pick will be consider used.
6. Since not all matches will be played on the same day for the same round, you are allowed to make picks for future rounds by submitting picks such as:
If Pavlyuchenkova def. Ivanovic, then Pavlyuchenkova.
...but you need to identify which ones used as main pick and which ones as back ups. If it's not clearly identified, then the manager will use his/her logic to determine which ones are the main picks).
- To determine who wins the match...
1. The submitted picks will not count
if it's late, a walkover or to the wrong manager. The submitted picks will count
if there's a retirement as long as one point is played. If there's a missing pick that cannot be replaced by lucky losers or alternates or if the participant ran out of picks, a losing pick is always better than no picks
2. If two different players were chosen by each participant:
- The player who wins the match.
- The lower ranked player who wins the match if both players win.
So if coolfish1103 picked Ivanovic and
Drake1980 picked Vinci,
...and they both won their respective match,
...coolfish1103 will win cause Ivanovic is ranked lower than Vinci!
3. In case both participants pick the same players who wins:
If the result is: Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 6-3
- Correct Set Ivanovic 7-6 7-6 > Ivanovic 6-4 3-6 6-3
- Correct Pts & Order Ivanovic 6-4 6-3 > Ivanovic 6-3 6-4
Ivanovic 6-4 6-2 > Ivanovic 6-3 6-2
- Correct Pts Ivanovic 6-4 6-0 > Ivanovic 6-2 6-2
- Closer Pts Ivanovic 7-5 7-5 > Ivanovic 6-0 6-0
4. Back up players will be compared (return to step 1) if we cannot find a result or both participants picked the same loser...
- Such as Ivanovic 7-5 7-5 = Ivanovic 7-5 7-5
Ivanovic 6-4 6-4 = Ivanovic 6-4 6-2
Vinci 6-4 3-6 6-3 v. Vinci 6-4 3-6 6-2
5. In case both participants pick same players who loses in the primary pick... we go back to the original pick and compare the same losers.
If the result is: Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 6-3
- Incorrect Set Vinci 6-4 3-6 6-3 > Vinci 6-4 6-3
- Correct Pts & Order Vinci 6-4 3-6 6-3 > Vinci 6-4 2-6 7-5
Vinci 4-6 6-3 6-2 > Vinci 3-6 6-3 6-2
- Correct Pts Vinci 6-4 4-6 6-3 > Vinci 6-4 2-6 6-3
- Compare back up losers
6. We will compare back up players of the same losers as well if we cannot find differences in the primary pick.
7. If a retirement is involved in the match, the following will happen.
Result 1: Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 3-2 ret.
- We will use Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 6-2
- 6-4 6-2 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for sets
- 6-4 6-2 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for points
Result 2: Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 6-6 ret.
- We will use Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 7-6
- 6-4 7-6 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for sets
- 6-4 7-6 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for points
Result 3: Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 3-6 2-1 ret.
- We will use Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-4 3-6 6-1
- 6-4 3-6 6-1 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for sets
- 6-4 3-6 6-1 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for points
Result 4: Ivanovic def. Vinci 2-1 ret.
- We will use Ivanovic def. Vinci 6-1 6-0
- 6-1 6-0 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for sets
- 6-1 6-0 will be deemed as the correct scoreline for points
8. If we still cannot determine a winner at this point, we will use count backs from previous round following the same method (return to step 1). Meaning picks from previous rounds will be compared as if the two players played the match against each other until a winner has been decided (Matches from qualifying will not be used for main draw count backs).
9. If count backs are not possible, then whichever participant ranked higher or committed earlier wins.
10. Lucky losers will be placed based on their rankings (from final round down) and alternates will follow based on committed time. Lucky losers who won a round in the main draw will not receive any points earned from qualifying.