Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:15 AM   #796
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Better lost to Domi rather than to either Halep or Vika. At the end of the day, a loss is still a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
Can anyone ban this troll for good?
where is that useless Craig when you need him?

and why the hell want anyone talk about how many slams Guest has? Did Maria even make that far to stop her? Did she stop Maria this week? Why do you care? Why? Will it change anything?
You are dense like Pome who thinks Maria served 20kph slower just to put her slovak ass off.
Can always count on you to clock these uber-irritating negativity-spewing dummies

I can't believe some are already blaming on the new coach. FYI, she becomes even much more aggressive under Sven than in 2013. You guys know that even Maria in her semi-decent Brisbane form this year would be enough to get to the SF here and probably fare well against Vika.

It's not like her game disappears ever since she was under this coach. It's clearly still there, just a matter of time until she becomes consistent again.

The only thing I don't like from her is that constant chicken look towards her team box. Also I wish she were more transparent with her physical conditioning and her shoulders to the fans. She keeps regurgitating her shoulder is fine and everything.

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2014, 01:02 AM   #797
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Let's try to be positive. Remember in 2011, when Thomas came, Maria also lost in R4 of AO. Let's give Maria and Sven more time. At least wait until IW-Miami or the clay season.
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 02:19 AM   #798
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Better lost to Domi rather than to either Halep or Vika. At the end of the day, a loss is still a loss.

Can always count on you to clock these uber-irritating negativity-spewing dummies

I can't believe some are already blaming on the new coach. FYI, she becomes even much more aggressive under Sven than in 2013. You guys know that even Maria in her semi-decent Brisbane form this year would be enough to get to the SF here and probably fare well against Vika.

It's not like her game disappears ever since she was under this coach. It's clearly still there, just a matter of time until she becomes consistent again.

The only thing I don't like from her is that constant chicken look towards her team box. Also I wish she were more transparent with her physical conditioning and her shoulders to the fans. She keeps regurgitating her shoulder is fine and everything.
THIS. Aside from the start of 2013, Masha played a very conservative game under Hoggy. Her Brisbane performance and parts of this AO showed a much more aggressive style of play - taking the ball on earlier, redirecting with pace much more, and really swinging through the ball rather than snatching at it.

That said, she's been doing the desperate stares to her box since USO 2012. Her mental fragility has been around much longer than this AO alone. I still miss young, bitchfacePova...she's no longer the take no prisoners ice queen she used to be
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 08:38 AM   #799
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a whine (well, maybe it is) but does anyone else get the feeling everyone that aren't her fans are against Maria? Players don't like her, commies (except a few) are always shading her when they have the chance etc.

Bit sad.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 11:42 AM   #800
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
This isn't a whine (well, maybe it is) but does anyone else get the feeling everyone that aren't her fans are against Maria? Players don't like her, commies (except a few) are always shading her when they have the chance etc.

Bit sad.
Yeah I've noticed that too actually don't know why that is
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:00 PM   #801
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light

Because Maria is ( damn) rich, very popular globally, she's got that almost perfect physique, hefty endorsements, she's got Hollywood friends...and above all, Maria has got us, her loyal fans.. WTA has never been that interesting since Maria Sharapova conquered tennis.. That is my personal opinion.. I'd say it again, my personal opinion. She's the envy of many.. I wouldn't trade Maria's attitude n behaviour on and off court with any of the other WTA players.. :-)
Ziggy88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM   #802
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bit sad.
It would seem so.Screw those haters,Masha's not losing sleep over any of them. Guess its just good old fashioned jealousy.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM   #803
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten63 View Post
It would seem so.Screw those haters,Masha's not losing sleep over any of them. Guess its just good old fashioned jealousy.
Most probably . And yes, screw them!

I just really hope if a chance presents itself again this year like this AO Maria will be more ready to take advantage .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 02:28 PM   #804
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bit sad.
It's true. Yes, she's obviously very popular and loved by millions, but a lot of tennis fans also dislike her and resent her for different reasons, like her grunting and her off-court success and notoriety.

And amongst her peers, I've felt for years that other players relish beating her more than any one else on tour, including Serena, especially after her shoulder injury. Not many are intimidated by her anymore and see her as vulnerable. So they enter matches against Maria more confident and with more attitude. And then you get bratty, arrogant reactions like the one from Domi.

It's up to Maria to use that as motivation. If more and more players are going to look forward to playing her and feeling relaxed and confident, she needs to remind them how difficult it is to beat her when she's playing well and hungry and has belief in her game. I want to see Maria humiliating opponents again with bagels and breadsticks.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:30 AM   #805
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

I hope Maria gives you guys great things to cheer about in the coming months. Downs are as inevitable as the ups.

Have a good year.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:43 AM   #806
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka lost. Serena lost. Ana lost. I have lost count of how many people who lost when they were supposed to win. Maria's Australia open was disappointing.......but not uniquely so.
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:51 AM   #807
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

all these losses are making me feel much better about Maria's

Rich B*tch Maria Sharapova
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:53 AM   #808
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. I can sleep easily knowing that Azarenka is still on 2 slams
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:58 AM   #809
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
Yep. I can sleep easily knowing that Azarenka is still on 2 slams
my sleep is already troubled by the fact that she has 2 slams.

Rich B*tch Maria Sharapova
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:08 AM   #810
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament now looking like last year's Wimbledon. Li Na the only major winner left and a massive career-making opportunity for the other 3. A Bouchard/Cibulkova final would trump last year's Wimby final by a landslide in terms of surprise.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote