Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #781
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
one of maria's worst ever results. Should never ever lose to Cibulkova on a hard-court grand slam
Did you miss the notes that
1) she played a 3 and half hour 2nd round that made her recovery much harder.
2) she strained something in the hip area in that match, which is clearly seen in service stats in her R3 & R4 matches.
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #782
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
You make posts like this, and I'm the one who is a troll and needs to be banned? Yeah, you're pure class.

But I guess in your mind it's ok to insult other members as long as Maria herself isn't criticized in any way and other tennis players aren't given an ounce of credit.
1) I'd give a free hug (and a tap on the ass) to anyone be that NashaMasha even, but i wont take any stupidity lighthearted. Using brain is not an option.

2) Where should I criticize Maria in this moment? Because she played injured? Because she had to play in 44°C heat in R2? Yeah, she should have finished that under 2 hours, I give that. But I am not in the position to question her decision making, her training, her coach choices because I have ZERO insight.
And why would i take vultures like Chakvetadze, Myskina or any expert seriously when they never cared about Maria before? They can give so many free advices without any responsibility, so I can ignore them the same way.

Yeah, I have no class, never denied that. But at least my avie isnt fuckin disgrace.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #783
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Thing is Cibulkova is an awful player. She is a player I expect Maria to beat even if not healthy. Say if she played someone half decent, I'd understand.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #784
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
Can anyone ban this troll for good?
where is that useless Craig when you need him?

and why the hell want anyone talk about how many slams Guest has? Did Maria even make that far to stop her? Did she stop Maria this week? Why do you care? Why? Will it change anything?
You are dense like Pome who thinks Maria served 20kph slower just to put her slovak ass off.

Go take your mean ass on vacation.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos

Last edited by jacobruiz : Jan 20th, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #785
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
Thing is Cibulkova is an awful player. She is a player I expect Maria to beat even if not healthy. Say if she played someone half decent, I'd understand.

They will both be in Paris if Maria doesn't withdraw. Hopefully we'll get to see a rematch.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #786
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

I'm in the middle really.

I do agree Maria is criticized too much in here and Azarenka praised too much. I mean Azarenka win 10 slams? I mean fuck off. Azarenka is nowhere near as skilled as Maria, she is a one tournament wonder. She is a non-factor in the other majors.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #787
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Maria indeed has to work on the mental side!!! Since last year she seems a bit more vulnerable than usual.. And I am scared that Sven might go after IW/Miami if she doesn't play better.
And it is no shame to accept the reality - right now Azarenka IS better than Maria. Full stop. Noone talks about skills or shoulda woulda couldas, but about results, and Azarenka is more consistent... Afterall Maria also isn't the most skilled out there, there are a lot of girls with better skills who have way worse results.

Last edited by MM_1257 : Jan 20th, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #788
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Another disappointing GS. Pity about the hip strain which obviously was a hindrance to her movement and clearly Domi took advantage of that. Coming to this tourny a bit rusty, then played a 3 and half hour match didn't help. Glad I didn't stay up to watch though.

Oh well, we have to move on as I am sure Maria has already. She will put this behind her, enjoy herself in Sochi and prepare for the European tour. She will be ok.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #789
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Speak for yourself please.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Maria stays healthy her game will come back, and pretty quickly as well.

I'm really disappointed but still optimistic for the rest of 2014. I just really hope Sven wasn't a mistake, but it's way too soon to tell.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #790
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember that she lost in the 4th round of the AO when she just started working with Thomas as well, and she wasn't coming back from injury, nor did she injure herself or play in insane heat for over 3 hours like in this year's AO.

We won't know where her game is for the next few months. She just needs to stay healthy so she can play many matches.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #791
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not forget that she's been out for half a year guys. Of course the loss is disappointing, but fourth round ain't THAT bad. Give her a couple of months to get going again.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #792
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Ok, am disappointed. Thought she would beat Dome in 3 sets.
Maria has not played well this tournament but I thought her experience and mental strength would get her through. I am concerned about her service motion, just looks so off. But what actually concerns me the most is the the frequent anguished looks to her box - that I don't like. Can't remember her appearing so frustrated and vulnerable.
Her play during Brisbane was a real confidence booster as she looked so comfortable, controlled and confident. Still not sure why she struggled so much at the AO (thought the Knapp game was draining - even for me and I was just watching ) BUT she just needs to get healthy and I must remember that she has only just come back from injury. Not as bad as it could have been.
Putintseva
And credit where it's due to
Miss Serena Williams
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #793
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the birthday present maria!:big cry:

i didnt want to get out of my bed.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:15 AM   #794
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Better lost to Domi rather than to either Halep or Vika. At the end of the day, a loss is still a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
Can anyone ban this troll for good?
where is that useless Craig when you need him?

and why the hell want anyone talk about how many slams Guest has? Did Maria even make that far to stop her? Did she stop Maria this week? Why do you care? Why? Will it change anything?
You are dense like Pome who thinks Maria served 20kph slower just to put her slovak ass off.
Can always count on you to clock these uber-irritating negativity-spewing dummies

I can't believe some are already blaming on the new coach. FYI, she becomes even much more aggressive under Sven than in 2013. You guys know that even Maria in her semi-decent Brisbane form this year would be enough to get to the SF here and probably fare well against Vika.

It's not like her game disappears ever since she was under this coach. It's clearly still there, just a matter of time until she becomes consistent again.

The only thing I don't like from her is that constant chicken look towards her team box. Also I wish she were more transparent with her physical conditioning and her shoulders to the fans. She keeps regurgitating her shoulder is fine and everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 01:02 AM   #795
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Let's try to be positive. Remember in 2011, when Thomas came, Maria also lost in R4 of AO. Let's give Maria and Sven more time. At least wait until IW-Miami or the clay season.