Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #631
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

imma pull out a pen and paper later for maria's match later. the importance of next match cannot be understated.she has to pull off a convincing win later and in the quarters.
I'm not even thinking about sloane and vika now. it's domi and JJ before that.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #632
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

OMG just checked my reps.hahahah

got a lof of good ones for this:

"hey Vika, did you wa.... yeah.. me too!"

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #633
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I feel so desperate expecting tomorrow's match as if she would play Sarin...never happened to me before...that is how bad Maria was..Please improve and beat Pome. I will be happy as ever
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #634
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Serena's loss has no impact on Maria's chances as there are still so many matches to play. This has happened so many times when the fans and media put so much pressure on Maria making her the favourite to win the title each time Serena is knocked out.

I prefer to take one match at a time. If Maria can step up against Domi and play her best tennis then she goes into the QF and so on......
Of course, I would love to see Maria win every match and root for her each time but there are so many great players out there. I have to be realistic. I know she can win but at the end of the day it is down to Maria herself.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:03 PM   #635
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
We just have to wait and see, for starters, Vika's match against Sloane should be the first real match where we can assess her form. And we'll see how Maria will fare with Domi. And you guys are putting Na on a pedestal, forgetting that she was couple of centimeters close to being out of the tournament, courtesy of Safarova's missed shot at the match point she had in their match. Although honestly, for me, Na is like a more consistent version of Ana and Petra. Ok, a lot more. But my point is that you can never know what to expect from her, and I wouldn't put it past even Pennetta to knock her out.
Can't worry about possible future opponents; Pennetta, Li, Vika, Stephens and Radwanska all have beaten Maria on hard court since 2011. With the exception of Pennetta, Maria has also beaten all of them on hard court in the last 3 years.

Maria, without any questions, is the most accomplished player of the remaining 12. It's up to her to deliver, starting with Cibulkova.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:03 PM   #636
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantage Me View Post
Serena's loss has no impact on Maria's chances as there are still so many matches to play. This has happened so many times when the fans and media put so much pressure on Maria making her the favourite to win the title each time Serena is knocked out.I prefer to take one match at a time. If Maria can step up against Domi and play her best tennis then she goes into the QF and so on......
Of course, I would love to see Maria win every match and root for her each time but there are so many great players out there. I have to be realistic. I know she can win but at the end of the day it is down to Maria herself.
I don't think the media or fandom are buying into Maria this time, even with Serena's loss. Currently, Maria is now only the 4th betting favorite behind Vika, Li, and Ana. It's hard to miss how terrible Maria has played in the first 3 rounds, unlike last year, where she was great leading into that Li matchup.

Even a lot of Maria's own fans aren't that enthusiastic about her chances and can only muster lukewarm optimism at best. So I think Maria is still a big underdog and under the radar at this point.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #637
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
OMG just checked my reps.hahahah

got a lof of good ones for this:

"hey Vika, did you wa.... yeah.. me too!"

You did well yesterday
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #638
country flag malarkist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
You did well yesterday
thanks for coming to my rescue all the time
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #639
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I don't think the media or fandom are buying into Maria this time, even with Serena's loss. Currently, Maria is now only the 4th betting favorite behind Vika, Li, and Ana. It's hard to miss how terrible Maria has played in the first 3 rounds, unlike last year, where she was great leading into that Li matchup.

Even a lot of Maria's own fans aren't that enthusiastic about her chances and can only muster lukewarm optimism at best. So I think Maria is still a big underdog and under the radar at this point.
This is where Maria is at her most dangerous, thoughout her career she has always been better playing under the rader. Compare what happened in 2012 and 2013 AO. In '13, she blitzed through 5 rounds, was the favorite against Li and flopped. In '12, she was the underdog all the way to the final. She wasn't exactly convincing in her first 6 matches either, getting taken to 3 sets in both the 4th round (by Sabine) and the semi by Kvitova. But she stunned some people by making the final.

It's a similar situation to 2012 this year. It's good that Maria is only the 4th favorite, she doesn't have to worry about any extra pressure from the media. Staying under the rader lets her continue to focus more and more on her game. And if she makes the semis, watch out. Despite some flops over the years, Maria is still a very dangerous big match player. If she faces Vika in the semis, Vika will be the favorite as the 2 time defending champ. But Maria can beat her. She's done it before, she can do it again. Her form must get better, but I believe in her.

Yes, Serena's loss doesn't matter much in the big picture as Maria still has 4 potential opponents to beat for the championship. But it does open the draw a bit (and elevate the chances of all the ladies left), so there is an effect.

Last edited by Sharakim : Jan 19th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #640
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I really want Maria to fucking step it up and TAKE this. No more BSing your way through matches please. You played like shit to start with, FINE. But you're still in it to WIN it so SLAY from now on. Thanks.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #641
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Maria is well rested and recovered for her fourth round match.

If she can raise her level she definitely still has a shot, otherwise things aren't looking so good.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #642
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I made up my mind....I imagine too much, so quit it...but I watched the tie breaker...and I thought Maria actually looked thinner than she did in the first round...if so, her appetite in last 40 hours was probably good.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #643
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I made up my mind....I imagine too much, so quit it...but I watched the tie breaker...and I thought Maria actually looked thinner than she did in the first round...if so, her appetite in last 40 hours was probably good.
All that extra protein and calories will come in handy in her R4 match.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #644
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

So angry that they put her on first again

I have work from 8-4 and that's right in the middle of it. I'll watch a couple of points but yeah.

It was probably going to be the last match I watch this AO on top of it.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #645
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Phone in sick.