Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 08:55 AM   #526
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Masha

what a mess match she was on fire at the beginning, to put herself in situation to lose 2nd set after serving twice for match too much for me..

and she hit some great volleys, BH slice, jesus, my body wasn't ready for such variation of her game

let's be real and honest, cibulkova is on fire, i think maria road end in next match

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #527
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

she played a great first set but the second set was awful, that serve is not improving and she can be total mess , hopefully she will find a way to beat Cibulkova but i don't see beating Vika on hard court playing like this

GL Maria i expect now nothing, even the flop to Domi

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #528
country flag nole-pova

nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light

i agree with you guys that maria's level isn't great . but on the other side,vika also is playing sooo bad, her serve
her movement there is a hope ,all she got to do is rise her level, put the first serve in , and everything is gonna be alright.
vaaamoooos masha
nole-pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #529
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

if she is gonna look up to her box one more time, iswear i'll fly down there next tuesday and slap her.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 09:42 AM   #530
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

At the very least, Chibikova is a quality opponent, so I wouldn't be upset if Maria lost to her.
I would be more upset if she plays another horrible match.

To me, staying healthy is far more important right now. The season has just begun, and I want her to be able to play a full season, injury free.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 12:21 PM   #531
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Yeah, I don't know why, but I just can't picture her losing to Dominica. We'll see. The main thing for her will be to recover as much as she can. For me, the perfect end to this torture of a tournament would be her losing to the one player I equally respect, the Empress Before all of you jump at me, I certainly don't want her to lose, but it's pretty much inevitable with this form, so I'd rather see JJ get her than Cibulkova, or worse, Vika

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #532
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Yeah, I don't know why, but I just can't picture her losing to Dominica. We'll see. The main thing for her will be to recover as much as she can. For me, the perfect end to this torture of a tournament would be her losing to the one player I equally respect, the Empress Before all of you jump at me, I certainly don't want her to lose, but it's pretty much inevitable with this form, so I'd rather see JJ get her than Cibulkova, or worse, Vika
I would definitely prefer a loss to JJ than anyone else in the draw.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #533
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

That first set was something else. Great play from Maria, her backhand was working, some of those angles were amazing, and she came to the net as well and hit some lovely volleys.

Then, the fuckery happened . I hope she's ready for Cibulkova cause she's not gonna hold back, that's for sure.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #534
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Gurls that second set gave me a hernia.

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #535
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
...so I'd rather see JJ get her than Cibulkova, or worse, Vika
Agree. But after yesterday's Cibulkova has bigger chances to defeat Maria imo. Janković is not playing that great and Maria leads h2h with 8:1. The equal statistics with Cibulkova are 3:2 for Maria and all matches except Wimbledon were very tough.

But something is for sure. In case of Maria NoServePova showing in the court tomorrow, this will be her last match in this tournament this year. Could be even ugly.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #536
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

I agree with Vampire. The loss to someone equal would be quite more acceptable for me. I would happy with QFs considering her poor form and serve. However I can see her to be crushed by Pome if she won't rise her level.
Today's 2nd set was the consequence of that heat. It is clear after her presser. Now she has enough time to recover until Monday. But I really doubt she is able to fix the serve this time.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #537
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
I agree with Vampire. The loss to someone equal would be quite more acceptable for me. I would happy with QFs considering her poor form and serve. However I can see her to be crushed by Pome if she won't rise her level.
Today's 2nd set was the consequence of that heat. It is clear after her presser. Now she has enough time to recover until Monday. But I really doubt she is able to fix the serve this time.
It's strange seeing only the second part of my nick displayed, makes me feel like a crazy blood sucker Anyway, I don't know what to make of her serve. Is this level the consequence of her physical inability to hit it nicely and her lack of form when it comes to that shot, or is a huge part of it mental? Because it baffles me how she was able to hit it better while playing Brisbane (albeit it crumbled in the match against Serena, which again leaves me to believe she is struggling mentally with it). Gotta say, it must be hard having those shoulder issues stored in the back of her mind, and serve is the shot where they are obviously exposed the most.

The good thing for her is the fact that Domi has an even worse serve than she does, so at least we know that she will be presented with enough chances to break, although she would have to convert drastically better than in these previous rounds.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #538
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

To be honest, apart from her serve failing her I think the main problem is she is getting to tight closing out matches. Sure she had a dip in her level at the start of the second set but quite easily got it back to 3 all and then broke her if I remember correctly and just failed to serve it out with too many errors.
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #539
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
Agree. But after yesterday's Cibulkova has bigger chances to defeat Maria imo. Janković is not playing that great and Maria leads h2h with 8:1. The equal statistics with Cibulkova are 3:2 for Maria and all matches except Wimbledon were very tough.

But something is for sure. In case of Maria NoServePova showing in the court tomorrow, this will be her last match in this tournament this year. Could be even ugly.
This . I'm kinda scared that Maria might show up rusty as hell and this match could end up quickly .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #540
country flag Asanty

Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future Asanty has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's strange seeing only the second part of my nick displayed, makes me feel like a crazy blood sucker
I didn't want, sorry what is your name?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote