Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #391
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

I have a feeling...minus physical complications....that this match had some value to Maria. It drove home the consequences of not putting things away when they should be....blown match points, etc.....and it gave her a taste of the pressure of being very close to losing, and finding a way not to.......I love the way she looks....very strong, making her want to go for shots based on power, but her movement seems a tiny percent slower, maybe due to added muscle. Hopefully, this particular recipe of fitness will pay dividends with others wearing down before she does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #392
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I have a feeling...minus physical complications....that this match had some value to Maria. It drove home the consequences of not putting things away when they should be....blown match points, etc.....and it gave her a taste of the pressure of being very close to losing, and finding a way not to.......I love the way she looks....very strong, making her want to go for shots based on power, but her movement seems a tiny percent slower, maybe due to added muscle. Hopefully, this particular recipe of fitness will pay dividends with others wearing down before she does.
I'm not saying Maria played a perfect match, but Knapp was very good at big points. Maria would've won this match 6-3 6-1, if not for Knapp's inspiring plays.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #393
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Much like Maria last year, Serena is sleep walking through this tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if either Stosur or Ivanovic shocks Serena out this tournament in Round 4.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #394
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Хлоэ View Post
Maria
but my poor heart
Omg ur avatar/sig design is so MySpace 2007

Rich B*tch Maria Sharapova
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #395
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

question, have you guys played tennis at 42c? the worst temp i played in was 37c and i didnt last an hour. i know they had iced towels and vests but playing at that level in that heat was just crazy. props to both for slugging it out like that. now, i WANT serena to play 42c tennis too.
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #396
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

with the heat, with the rain, nothing can stop her from winning these matches, Maria is just something else.
WHAT.A.FIGHTER.

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #397
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post

Finally, the only thing that I can say, she lives to fight another day. With this level, for how long, I have no idea
At the moment, I share exactly the same feeling. Maria won the ticket for another fight. Now, the huge champion that she is can - under the right conditions - cause things to dramatically improve, and there is great room to do that.
Perhaps not easy to see that happening, but for sure she can make it.
Come on, Maria.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #398
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Watched from beginning to end. Still have a headache . Maria put on a gutsy performance, that ace on by was to be expected!!! Salute both of them, I can't play tennis in any weather and have had the pleasure of being in the Caribbean in the height of summer and not being able to do anything bar get another rum punch whilst on my lounger - so to play for 3 1/2 hours in those conditions is commendable. On to the next one Maria.
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #399
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Much like Maria last year, Serena is sleep walking through this tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if either Stosur or Ivanovic shocks Serena out this tournament in Round 4.
i see no lies. serena

if stosur get through ivanovic i give her more chance than ana to scalp serena. mostly couz this is her home slam and crowd will go crazy but ana seems to be very confident, i just saw her press conference, i think she is in right place to try to do something good at this slam

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #400
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Refresh my memory if I am wrong.....Maria led the final game 15-0....then double faulted twice. but she closed it out...that was pretty big for her to not go into self-destruct mode....or did that happen a couple games earlier?
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #401
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Refresh my memory if I am wrong.....Maria led the final game 15-0....then double faulted twice. but she closed it out...that was pretty big for her to not go into self-destruct mode....or did that happen a couple games earlier?
she double faulted 3 times
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #402
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
i see no lies. serena

if stosur get through ivanovic i give her more chance than ana to scalp serena. mostly couz this is her home slam and crowd will go crazy but ana seems to be very confident, i just saw her press conference, i think she is in right place to try to do something good at this slam
Oh, no, trust me, if there is a place where Stosur is least likely to beat Serena, it would have to be the Australian Open. Up until this year, it was a miracle if she won her first round match. She just can't deal with the pressure of a home Slam, and it has gotten particularly bad after she won the US Open and the expectations rose.

I would give more chances to Ana, based on her confidence right now, and the good level she has been displaying so far this season. BUT, Ana is a known head case, so even if she gets anywhere near beating her, I have no trust whatsoever that she would be able to close it out. Plus, Ana can have yips with her serve that are worthy of the name Sharapova, so for her to fare well with Serena if the latter is having a good serving day would be virtually impossible.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #403
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Oh, no, trust me, if there is a place where Stosur is least likely to beat Serena, it would have to be the Australian Open. Up until this year, it was a miracle if she won her first round match. She just can't deal with the pressure of a home Slam, and it has gotten particularly bad after she won the US Open and the expectations rose.

I would give more chances to Ana, based on her confidence right now, and the good level she has been displaying so far this season. BUT, Ana is a known head case, so even if she gets anywhere near beating her, I have no trust whatsoever that she would be able to close it out. Plus, Ana can have yips with her serve that are worthy of the name Sharapova, so for her to fare well with Serena if the latter is having a good serving day would be virtually impossible.
Stosur actually is one of the fewest players that has what it takes to beat Serena and she's beaten her before in slams .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #404
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Stosur actually is one of the fewest players that has what it takes to beat Serena and she's beaten her before in slams .
I agree. Stosur's Australia jinx is overstated; she just didn't start her year well with her off-season preparations.

Stosur just recorded impressive wins over Zakopalova and Sydney champ Pironkova. She would have beaten 3 quality players if she meets with Serena in the round of 16.

It's interesting to speculate, but the most satisfying thing is for Maria to beat Serena at the final.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #405
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

She has what it takes, game wise. A good serve, a great forehand and a slice that prevents Serena to attack as effectively by sometimes feeding off the pace of her opponent's shot. But, Stosur has played generally pretty bad in the last couple of months, and I still think that the extra pressure that she must feel when she's playing AO is a crippling fact. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, after all, she has to go through Ivanovic first

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote