Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #286
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Bah, the news titles go from "Sharapova pushed hard..." to "Sharapova struggles...." to "Sharapova overpowers...." to "Sharapova makes light work.....", I trust more the comments here on the forum.
I was slightly worried about the R1 against Bethanie, and although it seems that Maria was never really in big trouble, it also seems like she played a good notch below the level she showed in Brisbane.
Good that she can move on, and she has the chance to step it up for the coming rounds. I count on the fact that she will do that......
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #287
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

The fact that she was playing poor today doesn't mean she's gonna play like that in the 2nd, 3rd round. Every match is different, this is long tournament and if you make some adjustments, train few things you can turn around everything. I'm sure we're gonna see different Maria's side during (hopefully) two weeks.
Maria's main task is to win matches and advance to the next round. She doesn't have to do this in beautiful and immaculate style.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #288
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

I couldnt watch anything. And honestly I couldnt care less about this match in 40°C. Just get trough heat & first week.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #289
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Aside from 2008, most of Maria's deep Melbourne runs have had some ups and downs so I wouldn't worry too much. Matches like these will hopefully get her match tough, rather than like 2013 where she blitzed through the draw after no prep tournament then fell on her ass against Li
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #290
country flag Daniel535

Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light Daniel535 is a glorious beacon of light

These are the best matches winning ugly, she will improve, she played amazing against garcia and it was her first match.
Daniel535 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #291
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care about the performance level, my only concern is that no matter who is coaching at her side lately, her game style looks as flat and poor has it has been lately... Unfortunately

Hopefully its just a matter of time
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #292
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light

I liked that Maria is being pushed in the early rounds. This way she will have deep thoughts on her performance on court. Maria is exceptionally intelligent.. She should find ways to battle her weaknesses and faults.. Then move on to the next rounds. Before we know it.. She's into the 2nd week already.. But first things first.. One round at a time.. Let's go Maria!
Ziggy88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:45 AM   #293
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Maria will play the 1st match on RLA tomorrow.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #294
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I really wish Maria could win this shit . I feel so bad about the state of tennis, my faves, everything tennis-related. A loss to either of her nemeses would really suck right now .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #295
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully Maria doesn't have to wait an entire day to play tomorrow.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #296
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand I hope at 11AM Melbourne time it won't be 44°C yet, or they'll melt during the warm up.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #297
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
On the other hand I hope at 11AM Melbourne time it won't be 44°C yet, or they'll melt during the warm up.
It it's 44°C, they will surely close the roof, won't they? Anybody knows what the temperature for tomorrow will be?
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #298
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
It it's 44°C, they will surely close the roof, won't they? Anybody knows what the temperature for tomorrow will be?
That's why I said that :P
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #299
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

A 7PM start time is like a dream come true
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #300
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

The most encouraging thing about Mattek-Sands match, is the way Maria served out to win the match:

15-0, Several good FH and a FH winner at the net
15-15, DF
30-15, Ace
40-15, Service winner
6-4, Service winner
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote