Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #271
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

A win is a win but the worrisome thing is other than better serve placements, there're none of Groeneveld's finger prints on Maria's match today. She played like 2011 AO when she lost to Petkovic in the fourth round.

I's encouraged by Brisbane, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, the speed of her serves continues to decline, to the point she is now serving slower than Vika, Radwanska and Wozniacki.

Nothing inspired today.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #272
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

What is going on with Maria Sharapova????

She played awful - horrible serve, mistiming routine shots!!! Mattek-Sands should kick herself because she is capable of brilliant tennis but they both looked out of sorts tonight. No rhythm in their games. And above all Maria looked extremely nervous and worried at times.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #273
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

this first round is to forget , her game was horrible , i blame the heat and her rusty form , hopefuly her 2nd round will be better ; her serve gave me 2009 vibes

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #274
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I was offline most of the afternoon and have little time to post now. Definitely not the best of Maria's performances, from the mood of the comments. I'm glad she's through but to go far in a GS she will have of course to deliver better stuff....I'll read press reports and comments more carefully later on.
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #275
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

She hit some pretty amazing backhands, both cc and dtl
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #276
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
this first round is to forget , her game was horrible , i blame the heat and her rusty form , hopefuly her 2nd round will be better ; her serve gave me 2009 vibes
Those times were much worse and tougher I mean, she used to hit 17 DFs in her straight set win against Bammer She cannot serve worse than that for sure.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #277
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
A win is a win but the worrisome thing is other than better serve placements, there're none of Groeneveld's finger prints on Maria's match today. She played like 2011 AO when she lost to Petkovic in the fourth round.

I's encouraged by Brisbane, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, the speed of her serves continues to decline, to the point she is now serving slower than Vika, Radwanska and Wozniacki.

Nothing inspired today.
No way It can happen
*Fastest serve
- Sharapova 178 KMH
- Azarenka 157 KMH
- Radwanska 169 KMH
- Wozniacki 170 KMH
- Serena 192 KMH

* Average 1st serve speed
- Sharapova 162 KMH
- Azarenka 140 KMH
- Radwanska 147 KMH
- Wozniacki 149 KMH
- Serena 174 KMH

*Average 2nd serve speed
- Sharapova 147 KMH
- Azarenka 124 KMH
- Radwanska 110 KMH
- Wozniacki 124 KMH
- Serena 141 KMH
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #278
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
No way It can happen
*Fastest serve
- Sharapova 178 KMH
- Azarenka 157 KMH
- Radwanska 169 KMH
- Wozniacki 170 KMH
- Serena 192 KMH
Is it only this AO? If yes, pretty impressive. Which game was it?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #279
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Is it only this AO? If yes, pretty impressive. Which game was it?
yes It's from her 1st round match in AO based on http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/...y7/2148ms.html
I don't know which game was
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #280
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Maria has often had bad starts in GS. I am sure she will pick up as the tourney progresses. She knows she has to. The heat didn't help obviously. Even during practice I doubt anyone can concentrate in that heat.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #281
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice

Quote:
No way It can happen
*Fastest serve
- Sharapova 178 KMH
- Azarenka 157 KMH
- Radwanska 169 KMH
- Wozniacki 170 KMH
- Serena 192 KMH

* Average 1st serve speed
- Sharapova 162 KMH
- Azarenka 140 KMH
- Radwanska 147 KMH
- Wozniacki 149 KMH
- Serena 174 KMH

*Average 2nd serve speed
- Sharapova 147 KMH
- Azarenka 124 KMH
- Radwanska 110 KMH
- Wozniacki 124 KMH
- Serena 141 KMH

Mattek-Sands stats:

184 KMH Fastest serve

160 KMH Average 1st serve speed
136 KMH Average 2nd serve speed

So I don't see any big difference between Sharapova and her opponent tonight who is 5.6 hiht (1.68 m). Maybe her second serve is fast because she puts too much risk on it which she has to change, must put more slice on it. She did that in Brisbane but today Sharapova was like her old self. Actually I've seen many of the young girls who serve with much more speed than Sharapova and Radwanska, Wozniacki are not good examples to compare. Azarenka has troubles with her serve and that is why she had not a good overall 2013 by her standards.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #282
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's never had a whippet fast serve, what are you all bitching about
With her it needs to be consistency > power in the serve department
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #283
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
yes It's from her 1st round match in AO based on http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/...y7/2148ms.html
I don't know which game was
Thanks for the data. It's better than I thought but is 5-8 km/h slower than during 2012-2013.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #284
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Yes, consistency + placement is always > power anyway
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #285
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Serving speed is a reasonable gauge of:

1. How well are her mechanics,
2. How well is her shoulder functioning.

Maria was serving at good speed and good percentage in 2012-2013, it's something she can't afford to lose if she is going to challenge Serena.