Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #256
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Watched almost all of the second set, I thought her groundies worked pretty good, those DTL shots Especially backhands BUT, the serve was still very troubling, those service games that she lost, well, those DFs cover them easily Hope she can improve it as the tourney winds down. Another side note, although I should probably post this in the chat thread, I watched the first set of Azarenka-Larson, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if someone inspired with the mental capacity to close it out sent her packing before the semis, she looked pretty uncertain and mentally exposed at times

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #257
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Azarenka always seems to look crap in the early rounds of tournaments, but her opponents just don't seem to be able to take advantage of it. Bizarre.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #258

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Azarenka always seems to look crap in the early rounds of tournaments, but her opponents just don't seem to be able to take advantage of it. Bizarre.
Yeah, I cringed at all those chances Larson had in that first set that she didn't convert in the end. It's not that bizarre considering how she actually bites until the last point, but I still can't get over that AO 2013, she should have lost to Hampton in R2, R3, whatever it was, and then ofc to Li in the final I actually have to say that I have not been impressed with her form in 2013 at all, it's a miracle she was gifted that Slam at all And now, she's not looking any better at the start of 2014 either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but there's no way in hell she'll lift another trophy here this year.

Oh, and forgot to mention this in my earlier post, I think that outfit is divine, surely one of the better she wore in the last couple of years

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #259
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I really thought she was acting very tired out there, almost exhausted at times. As if she knew she was gonna win this match either way .

Her serve was horrible though. The highlight of the match: that fantastic inside out backhand at 4-4 2nd set .

Please improve and reach the QF at least . And remember guys, Maria won her first match in 2008 wish the same scoreline as well, I think .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #260
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^ Omg no she did not ….
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #261

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This. I mean Azarenka's form in the early rounds should not be any indication of what she'll bring to the table in the second week .
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
^ Omg no she did not ….
It was 6-4, 6-3 .
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #263
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

it was fist match, but it was mess DF, trouble with serve
i hope that witch matches to come she will raise her level of game, improve herself.

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #264
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
I really thought she was acting very tired out there, almost exhausted at times. As if she knew she was gonna win this match either way .
Yeah, I noticed that too. Kinda sleepy. Her game would be fine if not horrible serve...but it seems Caspian is right, something about her serve`s move or posture has changed starting Brisbane.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #265
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's more like she's not enough motivated during first week IMO.
She knows she could face on her road low ranked players in the first week. She is able to win against them even with playing like a crap and sooner or later she'll find a way to win over them.
I think in general top ranked players are trying to save as much energy as it's possible in the first rounds, that's why they look poorly in the first matches, I mean not everyone but most of them.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #266
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
It was 6-4, 6-3 .
It's six of one and half a dozen of the other

P.S. I love very much her dress. Much better than the last year.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #267

All of what you guys said is true, but there is also a big but. I think the heat played an important role in this match as well, despite it being in the night session. She looked tired yes, but I went through some of the pictures that Roddo provided, and I gotta say, I don't think I've ever seen Maria soaking wet in her outfit the way she was in this match. I just hope that the temperatures will get better in the days to come (Tuesday was supposed to be the hottest day I think), so that it doesn't affect the play as much as it obviously did. And you know what I don't get? You have the freakin' roof, so why not use it when it's too hot? I get that they have some rules as to when they can shut the roof, but still, you have the opportunity to do it, so why not do it. I know that it wouldn't be fair to players that are scheduled on the outside courts, but then those matches should be postponed, or bigger breaks be allowed, something like that, cause honestly, 42 degrees Celsius, that is like 50+ degrees in the pit of those arenas, and those are certainly not humane conditions for playing

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #268
country flag Asanty

Serve`s mystery is solved. Dead

Q. I think you were up 4 Love and you had a couple of ball toss issues. Was it the sea gulls above? Were you worrying what they were going to drop?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: If I could use that as an excuse, then sure, go for it.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Serve`s mystery is solved. Dead

Q. I think you were up 4 Love and you had a couple of ball toss issues. Was it the sea gulls above? Were you worrying what they were going to drop?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: If I could use that as an excuse, then sure, go for it.
What kind of a stupid question is that for God's sake? Were you worried what the seagulls were going to drop

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Jan 14th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #270
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

just find out karin knapp's best result in GS is wimbledon 2013 where she reached 4R, she beats Michelle Larcher De Brito in the third round

what an irony

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote