Here's why Jen withdrew - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #1
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
Here's why Jen withdrew

Capriati Withdraws from Charleston
Posted on 4/6/2003 at 5:48 PM

CAPRIATI WITHDRAWS FROM FAMILY CIRCLE CUP

CHARLESTON, SC (April 6, 2003) – No. 4 seed Jennifer Capriati has been forced to withdraw from this week’s $1.3 million Family Circle Cup due to strep throat.

Capriati, ranked No. 6 in the world, has been bothered by the throat infection this past week. She became ill the day after playing in Miami’s NASDAQ-100 Open final and stayed with her mother, Denise Capriati, in West Palm Beach, FL, which is near Miami.

“I’m so disappointed to have to withdraw from this year’s Family Circle Cup”, said Capriati from her home in Florida’s Saddlebrook Resort. “I won the tournament the first year it moved to Charleston, so it really has special memories for me.”

Capriati was due to make her ninth appearance at the Family Circle Cup. She won the title in 2001, the year the Family Circle Cup was moved to Charleston from Hilton Head Island. Playing in only her third career WTA tournament, she reached the final in 1990, her debut appearance at the Family Circle Cup. She lost to top seed Martina Navratilova. She was also a two-time semifinalist in 1993, when she lost to Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, and 2002, when she lost to Patty Schnyder.

“It is disappointing when a player of Jennifer’s caliber withdraws, but even professional athletes get sick,” said Frankie Whelan, executive director of the Family Circle Cup. “I know she is just as sad to miss this event, but we wish her well and hope that she feels better soon.”

“They put on such a great event in Charleston. My entire family comes with me including my dog, and the crowds are fantastic,” Capriati said. “I definitely plan on coming next year.”

Capriati’s next scheduled tournament is the Bausch and Lomb Championships, April
14 – 20, in Amelia Island, FL.

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #2
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
Jenn
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 02:01 AM   #3
graf630

graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get Well Soon Jen!!
graf630 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #4
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute
Jenny
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 06:23 AM   #5
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Hope your not away too long Jen.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 07:30 AM   #6
country flag SerialKiller#69

SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light
good luck jen. enjoy your time off.

.tatianagolovin.sesilkaratancheva.shuaipeng.

.lindsayDAVENPORT.kimCLIJSTERS.

"i don't wanna be your other half i believe that one and one make two."

alanis m.

SerialKiller#69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 09:58 AM   #7
country flag sbmh

sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light sbmh is a glorious beacon of light
Get well soon , Jenn !
sbmh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #8
BasicTennis

BasicTennis has disabled reputation
she's getting karma for shouting at the ball boys, linesman, umpire, etc...etc...etc....she's only afraid of Serena I guess.

Madame Oracene Williams could certainly teach the French & Belgian crowds on how to upgrade their respective primitive behaviours during a tennis match.
BasicTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:23 AM   #9
rikvanlooy

rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all rikvanlooy is a name known to all
Good news for Justine !
rikvanlooy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:32 AM   #10
country flag White Stripes

White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold White Stripes is a splendid one to behold

Get well soon, Jen!
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls"

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

White Stripes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #11
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
maybe she saw Lina in her section
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #12
country flag CapFan#1

CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicTennis
she's getting karma for shouting at the ball boys, linesman, umpire, etc...etc...etc....she's only afraid of Serena I guess.

PLEASE JUST FUCK!OFF!
CapFan#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #13
country flag Mase
In my new place!!

Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute
This literally sucks....... I hope you feel better Jen, cant wait to see you at the Bausch and Lomb!!!
Mase is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #14
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
maybe she saw Lina in her section
Lol
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 09:36 PM   #15
c2

c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice c2 is just really nice
thanks very much BasicTennis, I needed to update my ignore list
c2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote