Coaching: Is Halep broke? What happened? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:49 PM   #1
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute Serve2Win has a reputation beyond repute
Coaching: Is Halep broke? What happened?

"Mlendea splits Halep and now coaches Jelena Jankovic "

what happened?
1- Did Jankovic offer more money to this guy and did Halep refused to match it?
2- Was Halep not satisfy with the Coach?
3- Did Halep not want to spent any more money on coaches?
4- Does Halep think coaches are useless?

Just wondering.

Last edited by Serve2Win : Jan 5th, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
Serve2Win is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #2
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of
Re: Coaching: Is Halep broke? What happened?

1rst of all, firing Mr. Mlendea was in my opinion the biggest mistake Simona made. He was the one behind all those wins, not Mr. Marcu. Ergo the instant job offer from JJ team when he was free, and Mr. Marcu will remain on the ITF level.
Second: There are some rumors that Simona`s father is the one who suggested this "solo period" but i find them just another tabloid news ...
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #3
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

0. I still see Mlendea as a sparring partner and not a coach (as many others say, including people from her entourage) but we'll see.

1. The news came a while after the split so don't think so. But of course Jankovic has a better financial situation than Halep.
2. Maybe. Maybe not. Though, she said numerous times she just wanted to be alone for this period and do what she feels best on the court.
3. Irrelevant. She said she wants to invest more in herself and she'll definitely hire a coach (but not for now)
4. No. Read numbers 2 (from "She said) and 3 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Second: There are some rumors that Simona`s father is the one who suggested this "solo period" but i find them just another tabloid news ...
Not at all . From the interviews , you can deduct that that is not a case (not in a million years). Too much to write (explaining this) and I'm tired. Nu mai "citi" tabloidele

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jan 5th, 2014 at 11:28 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #4
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Good question . I hope is not 3 and 4.
drg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #5
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Simona strikes me as a person who is very keen to try out new things or at least do things differently than most other people would. She is not one of the ladies who use for example the social media to make advertisement or show how fancy and hip she is, instead she values much more her personal privacy.

I wouldn't be surprised if she really just wanted to stay alone as a way of keeping her independency, but also to try out how things will work. She is aware how risky that step was, but it looks as if the smaller period at the beginning of 2013 where she travelled 'alone' helped her a lot mentally.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #6
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article. Been wondering who she is travelling with now since I just heard in her match today that she is coachless. I do hope Simona made the right decision here. She is still so young. I know she did well last year but I think there is still a lot in her game that could be improved. I guess for her she needs a bit of time on her own and have some independence as Aaron says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Simona strikes me as a person who is very keen to try out new things or at least do things differently than most other people would. She is not one of the ladies who use for example the social media to make advertisement or show how fancy and hip she is, instead she values much more her personal privacy.

I wouldn't be surprised if she really just wanted to stay alone as a way of keeping her independency, but also to try out how things will work. She is aware how risky that step was, but it looks as if the smaller period at the beginning of 2013 where she travelled 'alone' helped her a lot mentally.

I agree on what you say. She does seem to a different kind from her generation especially on the not bringing attention to herself mode.

Yeah hopefully this works out for her. She seem to have a good head in her anyway.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote