Week 1 Ranking New - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 05:15 AM   #1
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Week 1 Ranking New

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...s_Rankings.htm

Not sure how 6 of the gator girls are all ranked in top 40 with Janowicz leading the pack at #17. These rankings are a bit inflated.

Kristy Ahn at #6 with all STAN freshies between near the 40's.

I say UF should be maybe #5 in team instead of #2. I don't have high hopes for my girls this season. BUT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 07:20 AM   #2
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Week 1 Ranking New

where's ema burgic?

SURVIVOR Wimbledon Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:17 PM   #3
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

can mod delete this didn't know another thread was already started

whoops on second thought - that was the fall season ranking. this thread should be good to discuss the new rankings then.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 05:39 PM   #4
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Ah...the return of the comical ITA rankings!

Loeb is number 2 after sweeping the fall slams?

UF's rankings are actually pretty legit based on their fall results (they had tons of ranked wins and the entire lineup combined only had 3 losses to players outside of the top 25). It is a bit comical though that Janowicz's 4 best wins are over her teammates. It will be very curious to see how Roland orders the lineup, but I think their depth makes them a contender if they can stay consistent and be better in doubles than last year.

Krista
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 07:05 PM   #5
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Ah...the return of the comical ITA rankings!

Loeb is number 2 after sweeping the fall slams?

UF's rankings are actually pretty legit based on their fall results (they had tons of ranked wins and the entire lineup combined only had 3 losses to players outside of the top 25). It is a bit comical though that Janowicz's 4 best wins are over her teammates. It will be very curious to see how Roland orders the lineup, but I think their depth makes them a contender if they can stay consistent and be better in doubles than last year.

Krista
You think so? I say they'll be lucky to make it to NCAA team semi's. STAN once again the team to beat. UF most likely will put Sofie at 1 and cercone at 2... HELP...
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:16 PM   #6
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
You think so? I say they'll be lucky to make it to NCAA team semi's. STAN once again the team to beat. UF most likely will put Sofie at 1 and cercone at 2... HELP...
I'm pretty sure Morgan will play 1.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 02:25 AM   #7
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
I'm pretty sure Morgan will play 1.
Actually I do see that happen as well.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #8
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

First rankings by the 'committee' of coaches are a joke.

How is Pepperdine at # 48 yet but they have FIVE girls ranked in singles and TWO doubles pairs ranked?

How about # 25?
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #9
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...s_Rankings.htm

Not sure how 6 of the gator girls are all ranked in top 40 with Janowicz leading the pack at #17. These rankings are a bit inflated.

Kristy Ahn at #6 with all STAN freshies between near the 40's.

I say UF should be maybe #5 in team instead of #2. I don't have high hopes for my girls this season. BUT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!
Never been a fan of the ITA Tennis rankings system. Very archaic and out of date compared to the rest of the college sports!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #10
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

How is Texas A&M above Cal?

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #11
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting.

From zootennis.com:

College Tennis Online is publishing a new "Coaches Poll" this year for Division I tennis. The first poll was released Wednesday, for the men, and it features the same Top 25 teams as the ITA poll from last week. This isn't entirely surprising, given that both sets of rankings are based on votes; it will be more interesting when the computer takes over at the ITA, and the Coaches Poll continues. There are some swapping of places between the two polls, with the most notable being USC at No. 3 and Georgia No. 4 in the Coaches Poll, but nothing drastic at all.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #12
country flag desariofan

New Rankings are out: Feb 11 2014

Team

Singles
Doubles

I really just look at my girls : All 6 still top 40 lol
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 04:57 AM   #13
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Rankings are nice to look at but I rather see a ranking determined by coaches and not computerized rankings...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:09 AM   #14
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
New Rankings are out: Feb 11 2014

Team

Singles
Doubles

I really just look at my girls : All 6 still top 40 lol
UCLA is the next closest with 5 in the top 44. I'm not sure how Ray isn't at least ranked.

Stanford after them with 5 in the top 51. Hardebeck, their #2, is still not ranked.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:21 AM   #15
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Is there a mistake in the rankings? How did UVA's Danielle Collins fall from #28 to #53? She lost to the higher seed #23 Cercone and beat an unranked TAMU player. Makes no sense at all.

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__11.htm

Jumps in Rankings:

1. (10) Duke +9
3. (5) UCLA +2
4. (8) Cal +4
7. (16) Northwestern +9
10. (14) UVA +4
12. (13) Clemson +1
18. (19) Baylor +1
20. (21) Auburn +1

Not sure if Duke should be ranked that highly, but they won the championships after all and now behind Stanford.

Movers in the top 20:

1. (2) Loeb (UNC) +1
4. (11) Elbaba (UVA) +7
5. (6) Ahn (STAN) +1
6. (10) Garcia (UGA) +4
11. (17) Janowicz (UF) +6
12. (21) Bektas (UM) +9
14. (18) Morgan (UF)
17. (25) Kowase (UGA) +8
18. (20) Yurovsky (UM) +2
20. (45) Goldfeld (DUKE) +25 - um what?

Goldfeld lost to unranked Price of UNC although she did win against then #9 van Nguyen. But a bad loss doesn't deserve a 25-spot jump in the rankings. Confused...
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote