Global warming scientists failed again - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 02:43 PM   #31
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Global warming scientists failed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJSL View Post
I think you have a misconception of conservatives. Or think that conservatives are all dumb rednecks.

There are conservative scientists too. There are also religious scientists.

You take a jab at ALL conservatives. It's inaccurate and it's stereotyping.
Yup.
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:45 PM   #32
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
That's really wonderful. That's predicting that eventual cooling down is the result of a global warming. Win-win prediction.

Global warming debate is the most stupid and fruitless liberal bullshit debate ever created. If you think about it , there is really nothing to discuss here outside of purely scientific level.
----------------
The Antarctic is, technically, a desert. It's experiencing growth of surface ice shelf due to increased precipitation. This is due to increased evaporation caused by increased heat.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:08 PM   #33
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's funny that this is still a thing when there is so much information out there.

I've already talked about the industry I work on before but I'll do it again.

I work in an industry what greatly benefits from Greenwashing. Actually, I work in THE industry that benefits from greenwashing.
No one actually knows if it's real. And no one cares.
Sure there are stats and findings that say global warming is happening, but fund another scientist and they'll find it's not.
Believing global warming is %100 true is like using Colgate because it's recommended by 9/10 dentists,

It all comes down to $$$.

So keep believing it!! So I can keep making money.
our economic system is based on deception and lying, so every industry will invest money in promoting their cause. much like companies pay for advertising on tv. those who oppose the idea of global warming do that probably even more. that doesn't mean that all scientists need or indeed want money, though.

but that's the main problem of the capitalist economy. as soon as something becomes profitable vultures will show up and try to make as much money as possible. it doesn't matter if the solutions they offer are the best, if they are selling them well they will profit and making profit is the only real and realistic goal of any capitalist company. and the environment and people might suffer.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM   #34
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
our economic system is based on deception and lying, so every industry will invest money in promoting their cause. much like companies pay for advertising on tv. those who oppose the idea of global warming do that probably even more. that doesn't mean that all scientists need or indeed want money, though.
You don't actually believe that?

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM   #35
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
You already tried this and already got shot down by Max in my thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...513&highlight=

Well, that's standard operating procedure. Just repost refuted arguments.

For me, one of the most telling arguments is that, as the article you posted points out, one side is spending money on research (some of which is admittedly dicey, but at least it's research) and the other is spending their money on a p.r. campaign.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:23 PM   #36
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't actually believe that?
no, no, of course not. the fossil fuel industry are the most honest folks i can think of, no?
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:23 PM   #37
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Thank God the mindset of a scientist is liberal.
Else, we'll still bevel that the earth is flat.

Conservatives slow down progress, but soon or later, they grudgingly accept the inevitable and gladly enjoy the fruit of those scientific discoveries they first instinctively opposed.
While I think that we should be able to speak in generalities, this generalization is a bit over the top. What do you mean by "conservative"?

I happen to be "conservative" in many ways (people should be married before having children, people should live within their means financially, children don't know as much about life as adults and if they do that says more about the adult than it does the child, all things in moderation, etc). I also believe that what science can prove to be true is true.
"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters." -- Plato .

The famous are rarely significant and the significant are rarely famous.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:31 PM   #38
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I actually agree with a lot of this post. I disagree with your categorical dismissal of global warming as a threat
I do not dismiss it. Apart from the _fact_ that current global warming ( assuming it is a proved fact ) has not been proved not to be a natural or mostly natural phenomena.
As I said, Big 3 issues that I listed are 95% of the official problem, and that is all that we can achieve with "passive" approach, by pretty much cleaning up our own technology of living.
Truth is that
a) we do not address the biggest fundamental problem that is related to this issue, and that is that the Earth population is growing at least linearly and that per-soul energy requirements are growing very fast too, meaning that the total energy consumption is growing very fast, far faster then linearly, so, even if we somewhat clean our act ( which we need to do anyway, no question about it ), the impact of growth of our demands will overwhelm the effect of that very quick anyway. In other word, it is a good thing to do, but it is not a solution.
b) We simply do not have technology that could control the climate yet and we are not anywhere close.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:35 PM   #39
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
The Antarctic is, technically, a desert. It's experiencing growth of surface ice shelf due to increased precipitation. This is due to increased evaporation caused by increased heat.
Isn't the favourite complaint and symptoms of global warming has always been the loss of Antarctic surface ice shelf? Guys, you gotta make your mind..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:37 PM   #40
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no, no, of course not. the fossil fuel industry are the most honest folks i can think of, no?
I'm not talking about how honest they are, I'm talking cold hard cash.

You must not know the amount of money greenwashing companies spend.
And how much they make alone on even the smallest campaigns is great. Money talks.

Next time you buy a green product, ask yourself, why is this more expensive? and then ask yourself if it's worth it.
Then buy it!!

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:42 PM   #41
country flag azdaja

Quote:
I'm not talking about how honest they are, I'm talking cold hard cash.

You must not know the amount of money greenwashing companies spend.
And how much they make alone on even the smallest campaigns is great. Money talks.

Next time you buy a green product, ask yourself, why is this more expensive? and then ask yourself if it's worth it.
Then buy it!!
don't be retarded. all companies invest a lot of money in advertising, not just those who pretend they care about the environment. we are being screwed over by companies selling us completely unnecessary stuff all the time, some of which is not environment friendly at all. your attempt to paint just people who buy "green products" as somehow exceptionally guillible is a joke.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:46 PM   #42
country flag MMJSL

Quote:
don't be retarded. all companies invest a lot of money in advertising, not just those who pretend they care about the environment. we are being screwed over by companies selling us completely unnecessary stuff all the time, some of which is not environment friendly at all. your attempt to paint just people who buy "green products" as somehow exceptionally guillible is a joke.
Okay..

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:47 PM   #43
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry but I just don't understand this business of buying unnecessary stuff being the companies' fault rather than the fault of the people doing the buying. You do realize that you make the final decision as to how you spend your money, don't you?
"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters." -- Plato .

The famous are rarely significant and the significant are rarely famous.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:50 PM   #44
country flag MMJSL

I just can't wait for the documentary of how big wig executives have fooled consumers into spending more money for products that save the environment.

Because they DO think consumers are exceptionally gullible.

You DON'T have to spend a dollar to be more environmentally friendly.

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 04:56 PM   #45
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Isn't the favourite complaint and symptoms of global warming has always been the loss of Antarctic surface ice shelf? Guys, you gotta make your mind..
Artic, not Antartic. The presence of a land mass and which end of the world under discussion makes a difference in how climate change manifest itself. And the concern in the Antarctic is the loss of land ice, not sea ice. As I already pointed out, the move of ice from land to sea is, in fact, evidence that their is more warm air.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...hange-sceptics