Global warming scientists failed again - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 05:39 AM   #16
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Global warming scientists failed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Thank God the mindset of a scientist is liberal.
Else, we'll still bevel that the earth is flat.

Conservatives slow down progress, but soon or later, they grudgingly accept the inevitable and gladly enjoy the fruit of those scientific discoveries they first instinctively opposed.
Why should scientists have a political mindset? Lol

I guess the person they come home as could be political, but as a scientist, they should be devoted to science. Not a political party.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Bouchard. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Cornet. Hampton. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:24 AM   #17
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I love how people think that scientists and green industry and liberals are in this "conspiracy" to make money and push their agenda and yet they do not think for a second that those people who own and run the fossil fuel industry wants to hide the truth and wants there to be inaction purely and simply because they want to continue to make money.

I guess people see what they want to see. But thankfully this kind of BS is more prevalent in western countries like US and Australia and conservative hell holes like Russia and not everywhere in the world.

In places like China, the vast majority of people understand climate change and actually believe something should be done.

Interesting, isn't it.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:30 AM   #18
country flag SocaBrainwash

SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute SocaBrainwash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
But if they were real scientists , their goal would have been find the truth about climate changes. But they aren't doing it preferring concealing some facts and emphasising others.
How would you know what it means to be a scientist? Just curious.
SocaBrainwash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:31 AM   #19
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Outstandingly dumb thread title.

Weirdly so, too.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:35 AM   #20
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJSL View Post
Why should scientists have a political mindset? Lol

I guess the person they come home as could be political, but as a scientist, they should be devoted to science. Not a political party.
I am not saying they belong to a political party, I am simply saying the scientist mindset disposition to creativity, adventure, curiosity, exploration is more aligned to the way liberals think.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 2nd, 2014 at 06:44 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 08:29 AM   #21
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
That's really wonderful. That's predicting that eventual cooling down is the result of a global warming. Win-win prediction.

Global warming debate is the most stupid and fruitless liberal bullshit debate ever created. If you think about it , there is really nothing to discuss here outside of purely scientific level.
----------------

Is pollution bad? No question about it.
Should massive usage of fossil fuel be taken under control and stop being the dominant energy source? Obviously.
Is deforestation very bad thing and should be reversed? Absolutely.

If you agree with these three ( which overwhelming majority is ) and ready to act upon that ( which is also a consensus ) then you are fulfilling 95% of what global warming fanatics ask for. Except that I haven't even mentioned global warning here since "-------------". "Global warming" is purely economical corruption-instigated movement whose only purpose is to benefit the "green" industry. Every single practical problem that is now being connected to "global warming" can and should be addressed outside of this stupid meaningless framework.
I actually agree with a lot of this post. I disagree with your categorical dismissal of global warming as a threat, but agree that even though there is room for doubt, there are plenty of other good reasons to take better care of our environment. I also agree with you that a lot of the action of the "green" movement is blind knee-jerk stuff that puts means before ends and results in a lot of resources being channelled into firms whose only real affinity with greenness is that that is the colour of money.

That said, I believe that global warming IS a potential threat to our future, and that even if there are legitimate reasons to doubt the extent to which it is caused by human action, the potential consequences are so dire that we have little choice but to take the threat seriously. The extreme weather we have experienced in the last couple of decades has wreaked more death and destruction than all the combined nuclear accidents that have occurred on the planet to date. If our greenhouse emissions are contributing to this, we can only expect this to get a lot worse. It may not happen, but we really can't afford to take the risk.

It's high time the left and the right put their ideological differences aside on this and stopped using the environment as a platform to score cheap political points against each other. Get real people, this is a real problem that needs real solutions, with everything (including e.g. nuclear power) on the table.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:22 AM   #22
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post

It's high time the left and the right put their ideological differences aside on this and stopped using the environment as a platform to score cheap political points against each other. Get real people, this is a real problem that needs real solutions, with everything (including e.g. nuclear power) on the table.

This is already happening at the grass root and community level. That's one of the big fundamental shifts within the last year. Mostly probably because people are frustrate that nothing will happen from the top so are taking action from the bottom up.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:33 AM   #23
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

What global warming? The average world temperature hasn't increased in 17 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-recover.html
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:36 AM   #24
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post

What global warming? The average world temperature hasn't increased in 17 years.

You already tried this and already got shot down by Max in my thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...513&highlight=

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:51 AM   #25
country flag Williamsser
Lifetime Member

Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute Williamsser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
You already tried this and already got shot down by Max in my thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...513&highlight=

Statistics don't lie.
Williamsser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:57 AM   #26
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's funny because the underlying trend in that graph is pretty clearly for global temperatures to be increasing. To me it completely undermines the point that is trying to be made.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:15 AM   #27
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Statistics don't lie.
o rly? and what does quoting a journalist that's either intellectually challenged or an outright liar does?

here's what scientists replied to fail on sunday:

Quote:
The main claim by the recent Mail on Sunday article is that the rate of global warming since 1951 has been halved since the last IPCC report. This is completely incorrect. As clearly stated in the last IPCC report in 2007, the rate of warming since 1951 was not 0.2oC per decade (as stated by Rose) but 0.13oC per decade.

The 0.2oC per decade observed rate of surface warming applies to 1990-2005 which clearly cannot be compared with the period since 1951 and will not have changed since the last IPCC report. To confuse matters further the Mail tried to infer just this in a "correction" to their article on the 17th September by comparing the 1990-2005 period with 1997-2012, mixing up climate change and natural variability from one decade to the next.

Feeding off the Mail article the Telegraph proclaims "Top climate scientists admit global warming forecasts were wrong" elaborating upon this by saying "...the world is warming at a rate of 0.12C per decade since 1951, compared to a prediction of 0.13C per decade in their last assessment published in 2007." That's just 0.01oC per decade different and makes the title seem completely ridiculous.
http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~sgs02r...est.html#Rose2

that deals also with your stats that "don't lie" and makes you look stupid.

and while it is true that there are industries which have vested interests in promoting the idea that global warming needs to stop i don't see them twisting the serious scientistic research in order to show global warming is happening while their opponents do so very frequently. it tells you who is to be trusted more.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:07 AM   #28
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
It's funny because the underlying trend in that graph is pretty clearly for global temperatures to be increasing. To me it completely undermines the point that is trying to be made.
+1

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 02:17 PM   #29
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I am not saying they belong to a political party, I am simply saying the scientist mindset disposition to creativity, adventure, curiosity, exploration is more aligned to the way liberals think.
I think you have a misconception of conservatives. Or think that conservatives are all dumb rednecks.

There are conservative scientists too. There are also religious scientists.

You take a jab at ALL conservatives. It's inaccurate and it's stereotyping.

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 02:31 PM   #30
country flag MMJSL

It's funny that this is still a thing when there is so much information out there.

I've already talked about the industry I work on before but I'll do it again.

I work in an industry what greatly benefits from Greenwashing. Actually, I work in THE industry that benefits from greenwashing.
No one actually knows if it's real. And no one cares.
Sure there are stats and findings that say global warming is happening, but fund another scientist and they'll find it's not.
Believing global warming is %100 true is like using Colgate because it's recommended by 9/10 dentists,

It all comes down to $$$.

So keep believing it!! So I can keep making money.