The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 5 – Congrats to our winner Licamine - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #151
country flag N.M.

N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Five – Songs Revealed - Voting Posts 79 and

in poland there was no miley cyrus on the radio before "wrecking ball"

i find this song pretty pleasant on the ear, i think all the music experts disregard her, like in my younger years it was popular to disregard britney spears before she recorded "blackout", then suddenly it was ok to listen to britney

www.tenislove.pl
N.M. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #152
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We obviously have very different criterias where it comes to singing and talent.

That's partially right considering I'm nowhere near a Miley's fan, but I do recognise her obvious talent. She's a better live performer than Lana Del Red imo.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Last edited by NeKo : Jan 9th, 2014 at 07:34 PM.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #153
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game Five – Songs Revealed - Voting Posts 79 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
That's partially right considering I'm nowhere near a Miley's fan, but I do recognise her obvious talent. She's a better live performer than Lana Del Red imo.

See? That's what I am talking about. You seem to subscribe much more than I ever would to the school of X-Factor in terms of values regarding vocal talent. Miley Cyrus can sing. Sure. But she does so in a generic X Factor manner. This will never score points with me.

What I look for in a voice is something entirely different. I suspect roughly 80% of my favourite singers wouldn't pass an X Factor audition because their voices wouldn't be considered strong enough.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jan 9th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #154
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #155
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
She that's what I am talking about. You seem to subscribe much more than I ever would to the school of X-Factor in terms of values regarding vocal talent. Miley Cyrus can sing. Sure. But she does so in a generic X Factor manner. This will never score points with me.
To me, Miley is like a good actress playing both bad movies and bad characters. And yes, I like good performers, but my favourite combination is Tarja Turunen, a singer with amazing voice, with emotions to give and with great live vocal. Or Eva Cassidy. To me a singer that isn't performing well is not ready for the stage. There are vocal coaches for this though.

For example, I listen to Lana's songs all the time, but only to the studio versions , I prefer to stay away from her lives. On the other hand, I rarely listen to Miley, the only song I really like from here is 'The climb' , but I only listen to her live performances of that song. And she is not an emotionless singer. She's far from that.

“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #156
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To me, Miley is like a good actress playing both bad movies and bad characters. And yes, I like good performers, but my favourite combination is Tarja Turunen, a singer with amazing voice, with emotions to give and with great live vocal. Or Eva Cassidy. To me a singer that isn't performing well is not ready for the stage. There are vocal coaches for this though.

For example, I listen to Lana's songs all the time, but only to the studio versions , I prefer to stay away from her lives. On the other hand, I rarely listen to Miley, the only song I really like from here is 'The climb' , but I only listen to her live performances of that song. And she is not an emotionless singer. She's far from that.

I say life is too short to spend time listening to either of them at all extensively although at least Del Rey has some sense of integrity about her music.

Eva Cassidy is of course an entirely different matter. She was someone with a genuinely honest approach to singing. I can't say she is one of my favourite musicians, but she is someone I have vastly more respect for that most of those entered into these contests. I liked her song here and gave it my 2nd place vote.

Oh one more thing. I didn't bring up emotions. But again I think what you would consider emotional singing and what I would consider emotional singing are very different. For the record, the best, and for that mattter the most emotional, singing for me of the entrants in game 5 would be Nico, by a large margin.

And I get that you like girls with big powerful voices that cover a few octives. Tarja Turunen certainly qualifies there. Very strong almost operetic voice. Not my thing though. Again, most of my favourite singers have understated, often quite fragile voices. To me, those are the voices that I can feel an empathy and connection with. Remember you are chatting with someone who regards Ray Davies as the best singer in the world.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jan 9th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #157
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Voted for SF 2. This was much easier 'cause I knew most of them. I have to say the songs I've known for years had a bit of a bias towards them, but I also gave points to the Human League and Nightwish tracks that I'd not heard before, and there were a couple of songs that I knew but refused to vote for (sorry , won't name names ) so there are a couple of somewhat filler votes at the end.

Overall, this is the strongest game so far for me.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #158
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, was great to see Scorpions again!

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #159
country flag zvonarevarulz
Crawlin' back to you.

zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute zvonarevarulz has a reputation beyond repute
Certainly an interesting group of songs. Can't say there were many particular favorites of mine (but another song with Susanne Sundfør ) but a few songs in each semifinal were very good. It just goes to show that we all do have unique taste and that's what makes something like this so much fun.

Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new
zvonarevarulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #160
country flag traddles

traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of traddles has much to be proud of

Sent my votes. 12 and 10 points for women in both SFs.
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #161
Quiche

Quote:
Originally Posted by traddles View Post
Sent my votes. 12 and 10 points for women in both SFs.
I have to admit my votes this time were also very woman-heavy as well, despite my questioning if a male will ever win .

It's cool to have Tarja Turunen and Amy Lee in the same semifinal one has to admit .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:37 AM   #162
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

whoever sent the nightwish track is my hero for the week I have their poster still in my bed room and I've been to one of their concerts myfave band for so many year

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #163
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe All Saints and Sugababes are in the same game and same semi both songs came out in 2000 i believe and both were/are UK female pop groups with a mixture of different races

Last edited by Maddox : Jan 10th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.
Maddox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #164
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

All Saints was the best girlband, the most ambitious, their Bootie Call is just genius And "Black Coffe".
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #165
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
Can't believe All Saints and Sugababes are in the same game and same semi both songs came out in 2000 i believe and both were/are UK female pop groups with a mixture of different races
Yes. Both groups made some nice tunes too. And both got decent points for me. I was actually suprised how highly I chose to rank both tunes here, especially Pure Shores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
All Saints was the best girlband, the most ambitious, their Bootie Call is just genius And "Black Coffe".

Yeah, Black Coffee particularly was one of the most memorable chart hits of the era. It is has aged like a fine wine too.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jan 10th, 2014 at 08:34 AM.