Has USC passed it's peak & will never win a slam - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Has USC passed its peak & will never win a slam

Yes, last season was the best chance & they blew it 1 16.67%
Never say never! Stranger things have happened 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 1st, 2014, 12:55 PM   #1
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Has USC passed it's peak & will never win a slam

Following one of the posting trends at GM, probably my last post on this subforum(as I averred after NCAA tournament) since I write at my blog nowadays.

Since other schools best USC in recruiting, I can't see how they'll make a championship squad again. Stanford, UCLA, Florida, UNC, even Virginia has recruited better. Maybe they can challenge again after Xepoleas, Letzt & Failla comes in, we'll see.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Jan 1st, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:00 PM   #2
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has USC passed it's peak & will never win a slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Following one of the posting trends at GM, probably my last post on this subforum(as I averred after NCAA tournament) since I write at my blog nowadays.

Since other schools best USC in recruiting, I can't see how they'll make a championship squad again. Stanford, UCLA, Florida, UNC, even Virginia has recruited better. Maybe they can challenge again after Xepoleas, Letzt & Failla comes in, we'll see.
We've heard that one before.

They won't win in the foreseeable future. Their best chance was last year. With Lao graduated, the bottom of their lineup is now a lot weaker. As you said, they just don't recruit like the other top schools.
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 06:50 PM   #3
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Fantic - Off Topic - did you purchase D Lao's Kindle book?

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:46 AM   #4
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

YHL,

Fight on...NOT?

You should really turn in your USC cap and perhaps get Stanford cap

Maybe if you run into Hilary Barte or Amber Liu, they may have an extra one to give you

Also, given all the top junior players that you follow...maybe you should limit coverage on the ones that are headed to any of the non-USC teams, especially Stanford and USC

But I have to wonder what will happen if USC wins the Pac-12 team for the 3rd straight year AND iF they are the favorite to win this year's NCAA...will you remain silent?

You should know by now that the #1 ranked team that is expected to win NCAA, usually doesn't

Maybe it's appropriate to change USC's slogan from "fight on" to "give up"
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:50 AM   #5
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

USC basically has the same team, especially with Boren replacing Lao. They don't really lose too much. They have 3 strong doubles teams. One would argue that their singles lineup could actually be better than last year as far as depth goes. That being said, I think all of the other teams, especially in the Pac-12, have added good players to their lineups too, therefore USC will not win this year.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 04:17 AM   #6
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Figure those rankings out.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote