Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2014

Happy New Year, Everyone

2013 is not exactly what we want from tennis, so New year everything begins again, What do you want Maria to achieve/do in 2014

For me
1. Get away from injury/Stay healthy
2. Won 2 GS (especially Wimbledon)
3. AcePova can win over DFPova
4. Won in all the final she play
5. Get 3-4 titles (especially Miami, Madrd, Beijing...)
6. Having more amazing outfit on court

2013 thread
2012 thread
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #2
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2014

1. Stay healthy
2. Win one Slam (preferably AO or RG for me but seriously any one would do)
3. Beat Serena
4. Have a winning record in finals
5. Get the number 2 position from Vika, just so that everybody can acknowledge who is the best player after Serena

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 03:32 PM   #3
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Stay healthy is number one
Win at least two titles
Win one slam
Beat Rena

Last edited by Asanty : Dec 31st, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 04:31 PM   #4
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

1. Stay healthy, no injuries!
2. Win a slam (preferably Wimbledon! 10-year anniversary )
3. Win at least 3 titles
4. Win at least 1 PM (preferably Miami )
5. Winning record in finals.
6. Positive H2H vs Vika
7. Finally beat Serena
8. Don't lose to players she should beat in slams! In other words, try not to lose against people not named SW in slams!
9. Never lose to youngsters!
10. Get back to No.2
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 07:25 PM   #5
country flag Daniel535

Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all Daniel535 is a name known to all

1. Stay Healthy
2. Never lose against Vika!!!
3. Win atleast 3-4 wta titles
4. Reach QF or better on every slam.
5. Win a Slam (Preferably Wimbledon or US Open)
6. Beat Serena
7. Finish No. 2 year end
Daniel535 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 07:50 PM   #6
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

1) have a full-schedule strong season , even if Masha's full schedule is 12-13 tournaments
2) win at least 2-3 WTA titles inluding at least one Masters series(i hate calling it PM/P5)
3) reach at least QF on every Slams
4) qualify for YEC
5) have wins over top 2 players

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 07:54 PM   #7
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

1. Stay healthy
2. Beat Serena four times, all at slams

Last edited by 18majors : Dec 31st, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 08:47 PM   #8
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Dear Maria Sharapova....

1. Win another major or two or three or four (If i had to choose just one, I want another French title, Claypova rocks!)
2. Beat Serena J. Willims. I've been waiting patiently for the revenge for 11 years, sooner or later I believe it will happen. Then after beating her, beat her again and again and again.
3. Help retire Venus Williams. Venus is losing quickly against father time, you can do your part to speed up the process. The AO2013 early round arsekicking was beautiful, more please!
4. Give Azarenka a taste of her own medicine, beat her at the OZ open final 6-3 6-0
5. Rock it at the Sochi games
6. Stomp on any girl who thinks a victory over you will make them famous, which is pretty much everyone.
7. Beat up Wozzy, show Hogs what a mistake he made trying to coach against you using Wozzy of all people as his tool.
8. open Sugarpova in more countries around the globe
9. Dump Dimitov, that boy is not worthy of you.
10. Bring back Yuri in your players box, your daddy was the greatest of tennis mascots.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 02:03 AM   #9
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

For a player of Martha's stature, I think the goals ought to be lofty. So I'll say...

1. Win a Slam
2. Beat Sarin
3. Win Miami
4. Least important for me but still a good one, get to World No 1.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 08:56 PM   #10
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

1. Stay healthy
2. Win at least one title to continue 11 year streak with at least one title in season
3. Win Miami
4. Improve H2H with Vika
5. Serena
6. Slam

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 09:24 PM   #11
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

i'll add more to this but this later on but first and foremost....

give me a her custom-made head instinct mp that she will use to win the 2014 YEC in Singapore!!!
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #12
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Overall, continue improving her game and the results should come. Results-wise, I'mma need Maria to (in order of importance):
1) Stay healthy for entire season (not really a given at this point)
2) Win at least 1 slam this year - ideally 2 (no real preference other than Wimbledon, which given her recent shit-tastic performances there)
3) Win Miami (5 finals and only 1 set against Rena )
4) Beat Serena (at a slam, but I'll take anywhere at this point)
5) Obtain a winning record vs. Mrs. Foo (including multiple beatdowns at majors) and then never lose to her again
6) Obliterate Wozniacki losing <3 games and make her into a punchbag Thomas

If she only does 1 and 2, I'd be happy. IW = Miami for me tbh so I won't be "pressed" if she never wins Miami, and the other three are just nice to have but slams wins > WTA big tourney wins > wins against specific players.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #13
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

i want maria to , first and foremost, rock that AO outfit! she'll look scary in that tunic shitfest.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #14
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

one more slam, whatever she choses doesn't matter
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #15
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

1) to stay healthy
2) to reach QF or better in all slams
3) at least 1 slam final
4) at least 70% of first serves in in the important matches!
5) at least 3 titles (which is difficult if Serena plays whole season)
6) positive h2h against Vika
7) Never lose against Wozniacki
8) Less than 5 loses in whole season if we're not counting Serena
9)* To win slam(s), Miami, win over Serena and year N1 ending.

Last point is pretty much of a fantasy though...

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote