Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29 - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:18 AM   #256
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

Huh, really didn't think she'd turn that one around. Went to bed after she was broken in the first game of the second set.

Not optimistic for the Serena match...
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:23 AM   #257
country flag nole-pova

nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light

we haven't seen maria coming to the net and playing some volleys at all
so i want her to try something new this time against serena . at least if she is going to lose in her mind she tried her best
for me it won't affect me if she loses this time
good luck i can't wait
nole-pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:38 AM   #258
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

In the WWW thread I ranted like my life depended on it . It felt so good though.

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice if Maria won just to force-feed the retards some humble pie? I'll never ever stop believing that Maria's capable of beating Serena no matter what the head-to-head says. Who won the final career match of Federer-Roddick? It was Roddick .

But even if Maria loses again, which is likely, I have enough faith in Maria that she'll never stop trying. Maria's no quitter and neither should we be .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:53 AM   #259
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

is she already playing serena ?! i hope she wll put up a fight i still havent watch any tennis yet this season the time zone is just killing

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:04 AM   #260
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
In the WWW thread I ranted like my life depended on it . It felt so good though.

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice if Maria won just to force-feed the retards some humble pie? I'll never ever stop believing that Maria's capable of beating Serena no matter what the head-to-head says. Who won the final career match of Federer-Roddick? It was Roddick .

But even if Maria loses again, which is likely, I have enough faith in Maria that she'll never stop trying. Maria's no quitter and neither should we be .
I tried to give you a good rep for that mighty post of yours but apparently I have to spread some reputation first.

That thread is just going from worse to worse.

Those motherfuckers posters are beyond horrible. First they literally took it to Petkovic and her fan-base on that result thread from a few days back and they've even harassed Radwanska fans in that WWW thread too. (And I dislike that fan-base for the most part too)

Seriously.... The fuck?
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:06 AM   #261
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post

Maria is too rusty to give a fight Serena. She doesn't feel confident in her shots and it's what she needs to compete with Serena. Right now she is not a player she was in Miami or Roland Garros last year, so she doesn't have even theoretical chances to beat Serena in Brisbane.

The number of games Masha will be able to win will depend on 1) how will she be able to return Serena's 1st serve 2)how Masha's renewed 2nd will be effective against Serena. If Serena wins almost all her 1st serves and keeps killing Masha's second match can be finished very quick and we won't even see rallies.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Jan 2nd, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:19 AM   #262
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Maria is too rusty to give a fight Serena. She doesn't feel confident in her shots and it's what she needs to compete with Serena. Right now she is not a player she was in Miami or Roland Garros last year, so she doesn't have even theoretical chances to beat Serena in Brisbane.

The number of games Masha will be able to win will depend on 1) how will she be able to return Serena's 1st serve 2)how Masha's renewed 2nd will be effective against Serena. If Serena wins almost all her 1st serves and keeps killing Masha's second match can be finished very quick and we won't even see rallies.
Yeas, I am afraid that Madrid 2.0 awaits us.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:32 AM   #263
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeas, I am afraid that Madrid 2.0 awaits us.
6-1 6-3 score in less than an hour is very possible unless Sharapova steps up for this match and plays, serves, returns much better than even in her 3d set today.

But with Masha it's hard to predict anything basing on her performance in previous rounds. One day she has 75% of first serve in , next day she has 40 in the first set and about 50 in the whole match.

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Jan 2nd, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:36 AM   #264
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
6-1 6-3 score is very possible unless Sharapova steps up for this match and plays, serves, returns much better than even in her 3d set today
Maybe Sven invented anth?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:44 AM   #265
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Maybe Sven invented anth?
Today i saw that Masha had no decision what to do in baseline rallies when Kia wasn't giving her any short balls and was hitting 3-4 times in the middle right near the baseline...

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:49 AM   #266
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

so it's Williams the younger again. I agree with those that say Maria is rusty. she is only playing her 3rd match back. she is far from her best. nevertheless I don't expect her to play dead. she give it a go like always and I'll be happy for a couple of games.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:03 AM   #267
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Maria better work bitch. On the practice courts before tomorrow of course .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:35 AM   #268
country flag nole-pova

nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light

Did anyone noticed maria's hair? Did she cut it?
nole-pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:18 PM   #269
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Match tomorrow is at a perfect time for me... but watching Maria lose to Serena will ruin my birthday
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:24 PM   #270
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

This is more like the way I expected it to be. Maria was really sluggish in that first set, but found her rhythm in the middle of the second and from that point, Kanepi stood no chance. The thing is, her first serve was abysmal, really bad percentage, I don't know if she even managed to get over 50% in the end, which against Serena will be a major problem if she doesn't do something about it. I was actually really happy with her first serve return, she got some heavy balls in play, but failed to capitalize on a fair amount of second serves. And that's one of the things I hate the most when it comes to her tennis, that rush to finish off second serve points after the return, which more often than not when she is not on backfires. Forehand was iffy at times, backhand was pretty much solid throughout the whole match.

What I especially didn't like was the vibe I got from her attitude after Sven came to talk to her, which rarely happens to me when Maria is concerned, but she managed to put her struggles aside and in the end, correct big parts of what was missing in the first set. Another note, is this the first time Grigor came to see her play?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote