VWTT Australian Open, 2002: Draw and Results. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 02:32 AM   #16
tennisfreak

tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice
Jeff, have a look at "General Messages"
tennisfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 03:49 AM   #17
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
NO!!!!!!! Jeff, plssss.... dont stop this game.

This is the only game I can trust most for its transparency in the results. Pls continue this!!!!!
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:33 AM   #18
country flag polishprodigy

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
DONT STOP THIS GAME! I really like it. Julia Jans, sent her team in, and I want her to win! You've done a great job,and I'm really happy with this game!
polishprodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2002, 08:46 AM   #19
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
you have done very well in running this game and a lot of people would appreciate it if you would continue running it
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

BBT Belligerent Bliss on Twitter BBM Belligerent Bliss on Multiply
jacs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:24 AM   #20
country flag maximus82

maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all maximus82 is a name known to all
I know that Meghann Shaughnessy would be sad if she had to retire early from this game

But, it is your choice and if you choose to end it, then that's okay with me.

Perhaps we could try to get more players and then decide though?

~maximus82
maximus82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:49 AM   #21
country flag jd4eva

jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future
Dokic returns to Australia, ready for hostile crowd

One year ago, Jelena Dokic entered this event as an Australian, however, in that year alone, things have changed drastically as Dokic readies herself for fan backlash as she comes back as a Yugoslav.

Dokic, the winner of the Thalgo Womens Hardcourt Title believes that the reception she will receive isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

'I played up in the Gold Coast and I mean, it was fine. Pretty good actually so you know, I don't think it will be that bad. I'm ready for anything though and that's the key, being prepared'

Dokic said she relished the opportunity to do well in Melbourne, the 3rd seeded player in the draw.

'Well, I probably didn't play as well as I would have liked in Sydney. Like I said, the key is preparation and I'm ready for this tournament. I've been working really hard on my serving and my volleying and I think I can do well here in Melbourne'

Dokic won't have it all her own way though, having to face Monica Seles in the 1st round.

'Monica is a great player. She looks really fit so I know it's going to be tough, I'll have to play my best'

Jelena Dokic practises in Melbourne.

jd4eva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:31 PM   #22
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff,

I really like this game and I really appreciate your efforts. I have a few suggestions regarding people who don't send their teams. I also play other games such as FWTT, ETA etc.. and sometimes I forget to send points or I just don't have time.

So in those games the organiser just uses the old points. I know it's different here. But I'm saying why not just use them (the teams) again?

For example, if someone had Hingis, Venus Williams in their team this week but next week we play in a tournament where neither player is playing... still use them as part of the team. What this means is that the player will be penalised cause their players aren't winning games or sets to begin with. But they may still have someone on their team that's still playing e.g. Stevenson and say she wins a match, so the player will still get some points.

Anyway that is just a suggestion cause genuinely I know that people can forget or simply not have enough time. But mostly these are one-offs.

But of course if they haven't responded for about 3-4 weeks then maybe you should leave them from the game.

I hope you do wait for a few more people to sign up and for there to be more awareness cause this is a unique game and I really like it.

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:58 PM   #23
manuelanmaggielover

manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice manuelanmaggielover is just really nice
hi jeff,
don't give up yet! I am sure people appreciate your hard work. I do. It is still early so I am sure more people will join and actually play. Take care!
manuelanmaggielover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:41 AM   #24
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute
Sam,

You know, that's actually a great idea And, maybe I overreacted a bit, about ending the game. I was just really disappointed when I was doing the results and noticed that so many people hadn't sent in their teams. I know a lot of you like this game because it is based on real results. I just didn't think it would be so difficult to get people to play. But, I will keep it going: give it a chance. So don't be bummed, VWTT will go on

Jeff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2002, 02:13 AM   #25
tennisfreak

tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice tennisfreak is just really nice
Great Jeff that you changed your mind!
Hopefully I won´t have troubles with the cooperation again

GOOO Martina, you must make up ground!

Bye
tennisfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2002, 12:44 PM   #26
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute
<CENTER><font size=6><font color=orange>2002 Australian Open Singles</P></Center></font></font>

<B><U>Singles</U> (Round of 16)</B>

Maggie Maleeva def. (1) Jana Novotna 6-4 0-6 6-0
Amanda Coetzer def. Mary Pierce 6-0 3-6 6-0
(4) Iva Majoli def. Lindsay Davenport 6-2 6-3
Gabriela Sabatini def. (6) Serena Williams 6-3 6-0

(5) Julia Jans def. Manuela Maleeva-Fragniere 6-1 0-6 6-0
(3) Jelena Dokic def. Monica Seles 6-0 5-7 7-6(0)
Silvia Farina-Elia def. Amelie Mauresmo 7-5 6-0
(2) Martina Hingis def. Meghann Shaughnessy 6-2 6-0

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 12:55 PM   #27
country flag Jeff

<CENTER><font size=6><font color=orange>2002 Australian Open Doubles</P></Center></font></font>

<B><U>Doubles</U> (First Round)</B>

Iva Majoli/Silvia Farina-Elia def. Martina Hingis/Maggie Maleeva 6-3 6-0
Monica Seles/Meghann Shaughnessy def. Mary Pierce/Gabriela Sabatini 6-0 6-4
Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario/Amanda Coetzer def. Amelie Mauresmo/Kim Clijsters (Walk-Over)

Last edited by Jeff : Jan 24th, 2002 at 01:07 AM.
Old Jan 20th, 2002, 03:37 PM   #28
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Jeff, Good to hear you'll be continuing with this game! Thanks!

GOOO HINGIS!
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2002, 04:52 PM   #29
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute
An Italian in the singles quarterfinals against Hingis in this tournament too!

Great to hear the game goes on, thank you Jeff!
DoctorG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:54 PM   #30
iamkool

iamkool is an unknown quantity at this point iamkool is an unknown quantity at this point

Magdalena Maleeva moves on into the quarters at the Australian Open with a win against Venus Williams and and win against the top seed Jana Novotna 6/4,0/6,6/0!
"I am so happy with my win today over Jana !She is a great competitor and she sure made me work for that win, but I prevailed!"

Maggie Maleeva will now face the South African Amanda Coetzer in the quarter finals!
iamkool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote