Andrea Petkovic Brisbane 2014 press: "When Serena won her first slam she was my idol" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute
Andrea Petkovic Brisbane 2014 press: "When Serena won her first slam she was my idol"

"I prefer to stay home [in Germany] as long as possible and then come here because I really like Brisbane. I have family and friends here. I'm sweating a lot but enjoying it because I've come straight from winter in Germany. I'm really enjoying getting out in the sun and getting a bit of a tan – I'm still white like a cheese it's embarrassing"

"I think it's perfect. I think it's the strongest field here in Brisbane and for me as a non seeded player this year, I have to get used to that I'm not seeded any more"

"The conditions here are perfect – same ball, same courts [as AO] and all the players are here."

"I hear a lot of players who have been injured say they never stop believing in themselves. That wasn't true for me, I doubt myself every day I really do and I stopped believing but I never stopped wanting it- that's what made the difference. Every day I still had the will and the guts to go out there and practice and go to rehab because I just love tennis."

"When Serena won her first slam I wasn't playing yet so she was my idol. Her and Steffi. Now being able to play her, that's my motivation. To be able to beat her. I think that's the case for a lot of us now – she's the one to beat. And I think that's her motivation as well, she knows she's the one to beat and everyone is going to be out there after that."

"I might get one of the big guns in the first early rounds, which is OK for me as I'm just here to have really good matches and prepare for Aussie Open."

"When I walk through the hallways here there are all the winners on the wall and actually every year I've lost to the winner so whoever I lose to here will win (laughs)."

"I love competing and I thought this was not the right way to end it, just being injured and saying farewell to the tour, I want to end on a bigger note."

Serena Williams - Caroline Wozniacki - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton - Ági Szávay - Alisa Kleybanova - Vera Zvonareva
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 09:10 AM   #2
country flag I_CLAUDIA_1961
CONGRATS ON WINNING #18 SERENA JAMEKA!

I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Andrea Petkovic Brisbane 2014 press: "When Serena won her first slam she was my i

Interesting ...
I_CLAUDIA_1961 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM   #3
country flag serenafann

serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of
Re: Andrea Petkovic Brisbane 2014 press: "When Serena won her first slam she was my i

Good taste!

"Serena Derangement Syndrome"is Real-You Sad Bitter Pathological Haters/Liars in the Tennis media-Nothing You Say Or Write will Diminish Her GREATNESS!!
serenafann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM   #5
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM   #6
country flag sirbenson

sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of

Great interview, love Andrea, hopefully she can scale the heights again and get into the top 20 or top 10 even!
sirbenson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 02:19 PM   #7
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't get injured

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM   #8
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

That's why I love her. She is great
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 04:48 PM   #9
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute

Knew I liked her for a reason....
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 04:52 PM   #10
country flag cehowardrx7
74,Old,Dirty & Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice read..
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote