Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of
Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

Will she be competitive enough after her absence - that is reach the QF or better? - Does she have a chance in the Aussie Open? - We will know soon! - Good luck Masha!!

Link: Brisbane WTA players list
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM   #2
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

i think the likes of Kerber, Date Krumm, even Caro can be tougher oppositon for Maria in her first tournament than Vika.
I'm quite sure Serena will win this event , but i hope Masha will play as much matches as possible , i.e will reach the Final

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #3
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Let's hope that she wins her first match! Maria hasn't won a match since June 2013; 6 months ago.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 02:00 AM   #4
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Unless she withdrews...no single word about tennis after Bogota. This thread is early.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #5
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

There's one week to go and Sharapova News Channel is still pretty much off-air concerning this tournament. It is obviously possible that Maria will spend Christmas at home before traveling down under and therefore we will perhaps know only at somehow the last moment what is going to happen.
I've set my expectations rather low for Maria's return to competition. I think she has done well in re-building the coaching team but all will depend on how her shoulder actually holds up.
I hope she can play without putting too much pressure on her right from the start, let her game "grow" and maybe have some fun.....
Merry Christmas, Maria.

Last edited by Abuttons : Dec 23rd, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 03:45 PM   #6
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

She said on Ellen that she will go to Brisbane before Christmas

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 05:32 PM   #7
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Unless she withdrews...no single word about tennis after Bogota. This thread is early.
Early? - Really? - One week before the tournament's date is not that early in my humble opinion - Maybe your inner clock is outta wack?
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #8
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Early? - Really? - One week before the tournament's date is not that early in my humble opinion - Maybe your inner clock is outta wack?
Even if one day before...there is no guarantee she plays untill she walks to the court in the light of past events...
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #9
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
She said on Ellen that she will go to Brisbane before Christmas
Also, I read on Twitter that Grigor will go to Brisbane on 23th December so I thought they'll go together, It wasn't a 100% reliable source but after Ellen Show it seemed likely to me.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #10
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Even if one day before...there is no guarantee she plays untill she walks to the court in the light of past events...
There is never a 100% guarantee that a player will attend a tournament until she steps on the court - However - a thread just assumes that a player who has given notice that she'll actually play the tournament also attends it - I really don't understand why you're so uptight about the date of this thread - It is meant to be a discussion thread about Masha chances in Brisbane and comment her play if she in fact plays a couple of matches - Also - no one forces you to read or post in this thread - If the thread is to early for you and you have your doubts about her playing then you could have waited until after Masha's first match instead of whining here

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Dec 24th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #11
country flag Asanty

Quote:
There is never a 100% guarantee that a player will attend a tournament until she steps on the court - However - a thread just assumes that a player who has given notice that she'll actually play the tournament also attends it - I really don't understand why you're so uptight about the date of this thread - It is meant to be a discussion thread about Masha chances in Brisbane and comment her play if she in fact plays a couple of matches - Also - no one forces you to read or post in this thread - If the thread is to early for you and you have your doubts about her playing then you could have waited until after Masha's first match instead of whining here
Ok. And by the way, didn't SS obtain the consensus you should not start new threads?
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #12
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Ok. And by the way, didn't SS obtain the consensus you should not start new threads?
I'm a registered member here like everybody else and as such I've the right to start a thread whenever I like - that is called "freedom of speech" - something you probably don't know much about yet in your country - If you don't appreciate the very few threads I've posted here then I suggest you should ignore them in the future instead of posting whining comments in them
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #13
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't know whether Maria will suit up in Brisbane, but at least Team Sharapova (Sven Groeneveld and the crew) had already headed to Australia via New Zealand Airline.

Maria has also arrived.

Maria Sharapova @MariaSharpova

Well this was a first...opening a Christmas gift on the plane after a 13 hr flight. Merry Christmas Eve!! pic.twitter.com/nCQtJ0o92X

Last edited by 18majors : Dec 24th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #14
country flag MashaFan01

And Cedig has just posted a couple of pics in "The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2013" from Masha's arrival in Brisbane - Yay!!! - She's looking great after a 13 hour flight - I can't wait to see the draw and her first match

Old Dec 25th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #15
country flag Asanty

Quote:
that is called "freedom of speech" - something you probably don't know much about yet in your country
Yeah, there are polar bears walking around streets and nobody heard of democracy...how is that small-minded...