Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #31
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of
Re: Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skochko View Post
I still don't know what the heck the OP means by "moxy", because it's certainly not "moxie". And how the hell is a summer vacation a "social event"? I can't.
I of course mean a summer vacations with other tennis players, hence social event.

I also linked to a reputable source as to what I mean by "moxy".

When you get to a ripe age like mine, you learn to question what these famous people do rather than the socializing aspect of tennis.

All I'm saying is that if I attend a player's party, chances are that I'm going to be seeing Agnieszka, Birnerova, and Llagostera and NOT RenaPova... Agreed?

Tennis Tipping:
Winner at ITF Dothan and XWTA Kuala Lumpur Singles
Winner at ITF Vero Beach, Trnava, Poitiers, Vall d'Uxˇ, Zawada, and Saint Malo + XWTA Rome, Strasbourg, and Moscow Doubles (w/ DJDVD)
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #32
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Not at all, why?
The question you're asking is not quite clear. That's why posters are scratching their heads.

Many top players attend players parties and show "moxy"(urban) or "moxie"(traditional) on the court.
You're question seems to identify two completely different things (off-court vs on-court activities or responsibilities) in order to label an athlete in some unfavorable way that only you see.

In short, it's an odd question that only you can answer .
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #33

Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
The question you're asking is not quite clear. That's why posters are scratching their heads.

Many top players attend players parties and show "moxy"(urban) or "moxie"(traditional) on the court.
You're question seems to identify two completely different things (off-court vs on-court activities or responsibilities) in order to label an athlete in some unfavorable way that only you see.

In short, it's an odd question that only you can answer .
I wouldn't be asking my question if I could answer it.

Just focus on this question: Why would I be seeing AGnieszka, Birnerova, Llagostera, etc. instead of RenaPova at players' parties and social vacations?

Tennis Tipping:
Winner at ITF Vero Beach, Trnava, Poitiers, Vall d'Uxˇ, Zawada, and Saint Malo + XWTA Rome, Strasbourg, and Moscow Doubles (w/ DJDVD)
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #34
country flag RadWANDska

RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future

Quote:
My point being, you never see Pova or Serena at player's parties or on holiday vacations. They're always on the tennis court, so good luck finding them off the court.

It takes much moxy to do things outside of your career.

Agree/Disagree?
You're crazy

Let me get this clear. Are you saying that you never see photo's of Serena or Maria on their holiday vacation or photo's of them at player's parties?

Is that what you are saying?
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLX View Post
You're crazy

Let me get this clear. Are you saying that you never see photo's of Serena or Maria on their holiday vacation or photo's of them at player's parties?

Is that what you are saying?
Never seen them, never will.

But why is that?

Tennis Tipping:
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #36
country flag RadWANDska

RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future

Quote:
Never seen them, never will.

But why is that?
Because you're blind?

There are plenty on here and on their player forums.

Or, you could be just trolling and vying for attention. What is it

Go look through this thread, you'll see plenty. There's Serena in Mauritius, there's Serena in South America, there's plenty of Maria on her vacations too.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLX View Post
Because you're blind?

There are plenty on here and on their player forums.

Or, you could be just trolling and vying for attention. What is it

Go look through this thread, you'll see plenty. There's Serena in Mauritius, there's Serena in South America, there's plenty of Maria on her vacations too.
But who vacations with them?

I know they must be committed to their boyfriends, but at players' parties and SOCIAL vacations they can get to know their fellow players.

I just want them to be happier.

Tennis Tipping:
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #38
country flag RadWANDska

Quote:
But who vacations with them?

I know they must be committed to their boyfriends, but at players' parties and SOCIAL vacations they can get to know their fellow players.

I just want them to be happier.
OK. Now I know you are trolling and winding up!

See ya
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #39
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Took three pages for me to understand the OP. But it seems like he's pointing out that Serena and Maria tend not to be photographed at occasions (parties, vacations, etc) hosted or co-hosted by other fellow players. If true, then why? I guess that's it.

(p.s. it helps to remove moxie/moxy from the question)

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #40
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

please let this thread be closed already this poster is obviously deranged, or too much of a lazy dumbass to research the claims he's making so he can see that they're completely baseless.

Probably the thread that's garnered the biggest cohesion amongst fanbases when it comes to agreeing that this poster needs help

So at least there's that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Not pressed at all. Just hate Maria and all she stands for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
Why are you determined to create animosity among people in GM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
This actually a serious topic believe or not. Maria planning for motherhood...
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #41
JJ Style!

JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by azinna View Post
Took three pages for me to understand the OP. But it seems like he's pointing out that Serena and Maria tend not to be photographed at occasions (parties, vacations, etc) hosted or co-hosted by other fellow players. If true, then why? I guess that's it.

Yes, that's what the OP is getting at. And he does have a point.
Sharapova is notorious for not having friends on tour. So you don't get to see vacation pics of her with other players. Like the pics you see of Kerber-Radwanskas-Wozniacki at the beach.

Not sure about Serena though.
JJ Style! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by azinna View Post

Yes, exactly.

Answer please?

Wozniacki even has her own underwar line and all 3 players I mentioned attend tons of player-sponsored social summer vacations. WOuld I ever find Williams and Maria having a drink at a night club? Chances are no.

Tennis Tipping:
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovedie View Post
Yes, that's what the OP is getting at. And he does have a point.
Sharapova is notorious for not having friends on tour. So you don't get to see vacation pics of her with other players. Like the pics you see of Kerber-Radwanskas-Wozniacki at the beach.

Not sure about Serena though.
Thank you, glad I could get my point(s) across.

Tennis Tipping:
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #44
country flag Standard

Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold Standard is a splendid one to behold

Why is it that everyone in here has a different definition of the word 'moxy'? Better yet, why is 'moxy' even being used? That's urban slang.
Someone pointed out 'moxie' and that might be the word the OP is looking for.
Standard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #45
country flag StarDuvallGrant
Golden State Of Mind

StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WOuld I ever find Williams and Maria having a drink at a night club? Chances are no.
Serena and Maria aren't friends or on any terms to socially interact.

StarDuvallGrant is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread