Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of Freak3yman84 has much to be proud of
Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy?

They're perhaps the top 2 tennis players to ever play the game, but I can't help but feel like they lack the moxy (for lack of a better term) that most top 75 tennis players do.

Players like Agnieszka and Birnerova are players that show much moxy on and off the court by going out of their comfort zone and attending player's parties, holiday events, and what have you.

Does anyone agree?

Tennis Tipping:
Winner at ITF Dothan and XWTA Kuala Lumpur Singles
Winner at ITF Vero Beach, Trnava, Poitiers, Vall d'Uxó, Zawada, and Saint Malo + XWTA Rome, Strasbourg, and Moscow Doubles (w/ DJDVD)
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #2
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy?

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Not pressed at all. Just hate Maria and all she stands for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
Why are you determined to create animosity among people in GM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
This actually a serious topic believe or not. Maria planning for motherhood...
TrollPova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #3
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

Rooks have to be social.

Vets are the party.

This isn't just tennis, this is real life.

Bosses and Stars don't run around, they run things.

Workers and "the crew" run around trying to network, if they're smart.

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #4
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold ZetaKizzy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan View Post
Rooks have to be social.

Vets are the party.

This.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
ZetaKizzy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #5
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Rooks have to be social.

Vets are the party.

ALL of this
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #6
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

What?!
Dominic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #7
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rooks have to be social.

Vets are the party.

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

Btw, I don't think "moxie" was quite the word the OP was looking for.
Maybe it's more akin to 'je ne sais quoi'.
But I don't know what English word would compare.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer

Last edited by RVD : Dec 14th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #8
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
They're perhaps the top 2 tennis players to ever play the game, but I can't help but feel like they lack the moxy (for lack of a better term) that most top 75 tennis players do.

Players like Agnieszka and Birnerova are players that show much moxy on and off the court by going out of their comfort zone and attending player's parties, holiday events, and what have you.

Does anyone agree?
Misused AND misspelled:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moxie

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #9
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Does anyone agree?
Such a random mention.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #10
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They're perhaps the top 2 tennis players to ever play the game
I stopped taking this seriously after reading this. Serena might perhaps be described in such terms but Sharapova?

bobito is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #11
country flag @nathanj594

@nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute @nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even fucking know what that means��
@nathanj594 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #12
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

What is Moxy? Medicine?
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #13
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe socialite is the word you are looking for? Serena is definitely a socialite, but has many more opportunities to be one at parties/events unrelated to tennis, unlike most of the other players.

Jeff is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #14
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Birnerova has more moxy than your fave could evah!
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #15
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Just another troll thread
Svizac is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread