Stosur Ready For Home Challenge - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Stosur Ready For Home Challenge

After an impressive end to 2013, Samantha Stosur goes into the new campaign refreshed, relaxed and raring to go.

Home hopes, as ever, will be pinned on Samantha Stosur. Following a difficult campaign - she split with long-term coach David Taylor and finished outside the Top 10 for the first time since 2009 - Stosur finished with a flourish, winning one title and posting two runner-up finishes in her final three tournaments.

Now working alongside Miles Maclagan, the 29-year-old is feeling refreshed, relaxed and raring to go.

"This year we've been able to do a lot more on foot," Stosur said in an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald. "Last year, I did heaps of bike and strength work because I wasn't able to really put weight through my legs for a long time because of the ankle surgery.

"So this year I've been able to do a lot more of what we wanted to do last year and hopefully that's gonna pay dividends earlier on."

In the past Stosur has struggled to deal with the weight of expectation placed on her during the Australian summer, but is exuding an air of quiet confidence this time around.

"There's always pressure because you want to play well and do your best here in your home country, at your home Grand Slam and all that," Stosur, who will compete in the Hopman Cup and Hobart prior to the Australian Open, added.

"It is what it is. The last couple of years have been pretty disappointing, so hopefully this year I can really pick up from that and play well. That's what I want to do and I know if I play well then I've got a chance of doing half decent."

And she is equally upbeat about Maclagan, who formally joined up with Stosur and her team last Tuesday.

"I think he's got a good demeanor on court, he seems to be very professional," she said. "I've always kind of got a good vibe from him.

"We've been at the same table for lunch a few times and whatnot. So there's still a lot to get to know about him but so far so good."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...home-challenge
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.

Last edited by James : Dec 14th, 2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Getty pics are not allowed
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #2
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stosur Ready For Home Challenge

Every year she says this. Every year she flops more than Christina Aguilera and Glee did this year.
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #3
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

"I've got a chance of doing half-decent". Way to hedge your bets Sammy
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #4
country flag flippyflippy

flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of flippyflippy has much to be proud of

Please don't give her a first round up against Venus.
flippyflippy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #5
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippyflippy View Post
Please don't give her a first round up against Venus.
I hope not
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #6
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #7
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

So what makes this year different than every other year? She did finish 2013 pretty strong, so if she makes the R32 in Melbourne I think she should consider that an achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
VOTE POPCON 2014
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #8
country flag cjire

cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light cjire is a glorious beacon of light

He's she ever said she wasn't ready ?
cjire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #9
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

if she gets through 1R her mission can be considered complete and futher results can be just a bonus

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #10
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

She should hope she doesn't draw Lucie.

Lucie + Australia = might be a double bagel
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #11
country flag yikes on bikes

yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice

Pauline Parmentier is coming for you, Sam.
yikes on bikes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #12
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

she has been "ready" for the Australian season every year but
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - Frederik Igorche Inger67 joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Michael! M.P New_balls_please goOudinUSA
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada Inger67 SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs Shenzhen AO WC Playoff
SAISAI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #13
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Zheng Jie is ready.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #14
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

The annual Stosur is ready to conqer Australia thread....
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #15
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

44 fucking threads and it has not even been here for 40 days...

What are you waiting for? Ban the spamming bitch!
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote