Former French Open champs,who is greater, Na or Myskina? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Na. 71 73.20%
Myskina. 20 20.62%
Hard to say. 6 6.19%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #16
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Former French Open champs,who is greater, Na or Myskina?

and 6 people still voted for Myskina
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #17
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Na, Myskina if she had won the Gold at the Olympics in 2004 like she should have

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #18
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Na has a better career, and is a better player. No brainer.
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #19
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

The one who peaked when her actual generation was in prime.
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Myskina's "peak" came when the best of her generation where either absent, injured or out-of-form. It's hardly that much different than Li peaking in this era.

The romanticism which surrounds Myskina on this forum astounds me.
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #21
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
She may have not reached other slam finals, but to say she beat nobody is so unfair and untrue. She beat Kuznetsova, Venus, JCap and Dementieva, hardly a cakewalk draw. And Li beat Schiavone in the final, a player inferior to all I enumerated before, but let's not go there. Also she was top 2, which Li never achieved (but may achieve), but her career was just so short you can never predict what could have become of her. But I can admit that the numbers indicate that Li is greater.
Did you watch those matches it could of been anyone playing that day and they would of won. Venus imploded by making over 70 unforced errors.

JCap played like crap, possibly at a similar level Venus played.

and Elena wilted under pressure of a slam final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
So who will win the next 6 Wimbledons? Petra 2 of them, thats for sure. And dont even try to tell me that you see some hotter candidates than hers!
Marcus1979 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #22
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Myskina's "peak" came when the best of her generation where either absent, injured or out-of-form. It's hardly that much different than Li peaking in this era.

Her peak happened during the Williams sisters long return from injury and the Belgiums were off the tour for several months due to burn out. During that 2004 season from clay season onwards the top was was quite weak really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
So who will win the next 6 Wimbledons? Petra 2 of them, thats for sure. And dont even try to tell me that you see some hotter candidates than hers!
Marcus1979 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #23
country flag histery

histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus1979 View Post
Did you watch those matches it could of been anyone playing that day and they would of won. Venus imploded by making over 70 unforced errors.

JCap played like crap, possibly at a similar level Venus played.

and Elena wilted under pressure of a slam final.
I hear this silly excuses every time Myskina's GS win is mentioned. All her opponents played very well to reach that phase. Venus beat Pierce, JCap beat Serena, Elena beat Momo and Lindsay. Maybe they "imploded" because Nastya played great. But i'm not going to argue with you, i've seen all her matches at that tournament and she played wonderful claycourt tennis, employing the correct strategy for each match (defensive with Kuzzy and Vee, offensive with Jen). In the final she just owned Elena the way she owned her on their previous matches on clay (where Myskina led 3-0)
histery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #24
country flag histery

histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute histery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus1979 View Post
Her peak happened during the Williams sisters long return from injury and the Belgiums were off the tour for several months due to burn out. During that 2004 season from clay season onwards the top was was quite weak really.
Exactly the same can be said about Li's RG title, no belgians and no williams sisters in their prime. And if you imply that the trio Li beat (Petra-Sharapova-Aza) is somehow better that the trio of Amelie/Sharapova/Lindsay that were at the top in 2004, you're very wrong my friend.
histery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #25
country flag sirbenson

sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of sirbenson has much to be proud of

Li Na without a doubt!
sirbenson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #26
country flag Duramont

Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
This has to do with Myskina retiring way too early and thus not being allowed to show her talent for a longer time. She has to have one of the shortest careers of any Grand Slam champion.

Of course Na Li is greater to answer the poll's question.

Minella :: Lisicki :: Date :: Cornet :: Jankovic :: Siniakova :: Diyas :: Svitolina

Last edited by Duramont : Dec 13th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
Duramont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #27
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Countess of Darkness

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #28
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Na, Myskina if she had won the Gold at the Olympics in 2004 like she should have
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #29
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
and 6 people still voted for Myskina
goldenlox, TheBoiledEgg...who else?
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #30
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Oh whatever. Should, would coulda means shit in tennis or anything. Didn't Mauresmo have a good record against Myskina anyway?

It's Na without a flicker of a doubt. A Slam, more Slam finals, contended in much bigger matches, has been more competitive at the top of the game for much longer etc, etc.

Myskina is becoming as stupidly overrated on here as Golovin. I only imagine it's gays/straights thinking she's hot/frothing at the mouth at her losing her shit and breaking racquets.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote