Will Woz be a force on the WTA again? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Can she regain/exeed her best form

No, she has already peaked 44 55.00%
Yes, will achieve more in the years to come 36 45.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #31
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Woz be a force on the WTA again?

Force as becoming a consistent top 5 player and snatching the occasional slam ? I don't think so. Force as being a top 6-12 player beating most of the players ranked behind her? she's already that, but I don't see her making radical changes or improvements with her kind of game and technique limitations, and the fitness is as good as it can be. Is she gonna run faster or grind deeper ? no big leap forward imo.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #32
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Again? Like in she has been a force before?

Let´s see. Wozniacki career wins over top 5 players:

2013- 0
2012- 0
2011- #5 Schiavone,
2010- #2 Zvonareva, #4 Zvonareva,
2009- #3 Dementieva, #4 Dementieva,
2008- #4 Kuznetsova,
2007- 0

So if I showed you this, you´d believe that players was #1 for 67 weeks?

Since August 5th 2013 Serena Williams had as many top 5 wins as Wozniacki has had in her whole career. Cibulkova has more top 5 wins since 2011 than Wozniacki had in her whole career.

Wozniacki would have to improve far beyond anything we have seen so far from her. The top 5 is stronger than it has ever been, since Wozniacki arrived on Tour. A large amount of players 21 and under have established themselves in the top 60, some of which will make a big leap within the next 24 months. She´ll probably stay where she is right now and where she always belonged, around #10.
Also:

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #33
country flag Licamine

Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all Licamine is a name known to all

Maybe when Na and Serena are too old and Sharapova and Azarenka are injured, she takes advantadge of a weak era, but not very likely.
Licamine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #34
country flag tennis__serena

tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
How does that argue with the facts Patrick posted?

It was a weak era and she was the least weak of them for a while. There's a German saying that roughly translates to "The one-eyed is the king of the blind" (no idea if there's an english version of that actually ) and that pretty much sums up her reign.
I don't think 2 years qualifies as an era but most of those 2 years when serena was out the tour was weak
tennis__serena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #35
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

My god, all the Hater here...:faceplam:

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #36
country flag rafa52

rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light rafa52 is a glorious beacon of light

To be any kind of force she needs to beat Williams and Azarenka, and that won't happen.
rafa52 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #37
JJ Style!

JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of JJ Style! has much to be proud of

Yes
Age is on her side. Now that she's not using that awful Yonex racket, and back to her old frame, form and confidence should follow.

EDIT: Just saw that she's been using that Babolat frame since July. Still, her game has been on the upswing, and her shots seem to have more power with Babolat. Hogstedt is a great coach, so top 5 is a definite possibility.

Last edited by JJ Style! : Dec 13th, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
JJ Style! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #38
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like Wozniacki, but Im annoyed by threads like that. Top10 player= not force...In wich world ? Maybe its because I KNOW how is this to cheer for scrubs, while others are cheering for Serenas and Azarenkas...
saint2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #39
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
I dont like Wozniacki, but Im annoyed by threads like that. Top10 player= not force...In wich world ? Maybe its because I KNOW how is this to cheer for scrubs, while others are cheering for Serenas and Azarenkas...
But its a good topic because she was getting very strong results and now she isnt.
I dont think anyone but the biggest trolls would deny she had success and used her skillset well.
But to have a great career, there is still more to do.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #40
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
How does that argue with the facts Patrick posted?

It was a weak era and she was the least weak of them for a while. There's a German saying that roughly translates to "The one-eyed is the king of the blind" (no idea if there's an english version of that actually ) and that pretty much sums up her reign.
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king.......
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #41
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king.......
Ah, I knew there was an equivalent in English...thanks

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #42
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis__serena View Post
I don't think 2 years qualifies as an era but most of those 2 years when serena was out the tour was weak
It wasn't just Serena who was out, Kim was out as well for a large part of it. And when Kim was there she instantly put Woz back in her place, every single time.

All in all, it was a transitional period, Vika & Petra not up to today's standards etc. She used that window wisely, nobody can argue with that. But times have changed and so have her chances.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #43
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

if La Borz plays her best, no one under the age of 28 can challenge her

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #44
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

La Borz might have some fluke runs here and there.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #45
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Push push bye bye
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote