Will Woz be a force on the WTA again? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Can she regain/exeed her best form

No, she has already peaked 44 55.00%
Yes, will achieve more in the years to come 36 45.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #16
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Woz be a force on the WTA again?

She is in top10. If its not "being a force" then I dont know what it is. Majority of players never come close to this.
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #17
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline has been a different player since she started dating Rory spring/summer 2011. At that time she was #1 by 3000 points, won 5 straight Tier I's, was in 15 of 19 semis.

But look at this spring. She scheduled Charleston because she wanted to go to The Masters. She lost to Voegele there, then after The Masters lost her first match at Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid and Brussels. Then lost 2nd round in Paris. 6 losses in 7 matches. From a player who was YE #1 for 2 years.

So her whole focus and willingness to compete and make her opponents beat her, it went away.

But at least she finally hired a coach. She's still very young. 23
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #18
SoClose

SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute SoClose has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully We adore her

I also like/support - M.Sharapova,M.Keys,E.Bouchard and B.Mattek S.
My twitter @ 0Simeonn .Fllow me.I follow back
SoClose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #19
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I see another Luxembourg win on the horizon... so yes.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #20
country flag tennis__serena

tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold tennis__serena is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caroline has been a different player since she started dating Rory spring/summer 2011. At that time she was #1 by 3000 points, won 5 straight Tier I's, was in 15 of 19 semis.

But look at this spring. She scheduled Charleston because she wanted to go to The Masters. She lost to Voegele there, then after The Masters lost her first match at Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid and Brussels. Then lost 2nd round in Paris. 6 losses in 7 matches. From a player who was YE #1 for 2 years.

So her whole focus and willingness to compete and make her opponents beat her, it went away.

But at least she finally hired a coach. She's still very young. 23
the tour has gotten better serena was in the hospital a BIG reason why she was no1 azarenka isn't the player then that she is now and pova was still recovering from shoulder
tennis__serena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #21
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Again? Like in she has been a force before?

Let´s see. Wozniacki career wins over top 5 players:

2013- 0
2012- 0
2011- #5 Schiavone,
2010- #2 Zvonareva, #4 Zvonareva,
2009- #3 Dementieva, #4 Dementieva,
2008- #4 Kuznetsova,
2007- 0

So if I showed you this, you´d believe that players was #1 for 67 weeks?

Since August 5th 2013 Serena Williams had as many top 5 wins as Wozniacki has had in her whole career. Cibulkova has more top 5 wins since 2011 than Wozniacki had in her whole career.

Wozniacki would have to improve far beyond anything we have seen so far from her. The top 5 is stronger than it has ever been, since Wozniacki arrived on Tour. A large amount of players 21 and under have established themselves in the top 60, some of which will make a big leap within the next 24 months. She´ll probably stay where she is right now and where she always belonged, around #10.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #22
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute

she was at No1 but i never saw her as force to be reckon, i don't see that changing
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #23
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No. She never was force. She also never was #1, and its totally untrue that she had 5 straight top10 seasons...
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #24
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post

2013- 0
2012- 0
2011- #5 Schiavone,
2008- #4 Kuznetsova,
2007- 0

Since August 5th 2013 Serena Williams had as many top 5 wins as Wozniacki has had in her whole career. Cibulkova has more top 5 wins since 2011 than Wozniacki had in her whole career.

Wozniacki would have to improve far beyond anything we have seen so far from her. The top 5 is stronger than it has ever been, since Wozniacki arrived on Tour. A large amount of players 21 and under have established themselves in the top 60, some of which will make a big leap within the next 24 months. She´ll probably stay where she is right now and where she always belonged, around #10.
This.
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #25
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
No. She never was force. She also never was #1, and its totally untrue that she had 5 straight top10 seasons...
How does that argue with the facts Patrick posted?

It was a weak era and she was the least weak of them for a while. There's a German saying that roughly translates to "The one-eyed is the king of the blind" (no idea if there's an english version of that actually ) and that pretty much sums up her reign.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #26
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It was a weak era, but Caro was consistently going through draws. She doesnt do that anymore.
its not like she spends most of the year losing to Serena, Maria, Vika, Li.
She is usually losing in early rounds.
But in 2010, to mid 2011 Caroline was beating Azarenka, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Kvitova, Zvonareva and most of the better players on tour. Thats what changed.
Her 2011 IW draw was Azarenka, Sharapova, Bartoli, and no one was surprised she won that title. Yes, you can say Vika & Maria improved, but they were in the 2011 Miami final right after IW, so they werent terrible players then
But the last 2 years she rarely is in any semifinal, anywhere. Her shot selection is different. The errors she makes at key moments is different.
Maybe she will never be steady again. But at least she hired a coach because she was becoming very inconsistent without weapons

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #27
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Blah-blah-blah
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #28
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
She is in top10. If its not "being a force" then I dont know what it is. Majority of players never come close to this.
Yeah, but just like Safina, you have to win majors or you get tons of criticism.
Safina beat everyone good back then. Serena, Justine, Venus, Maria, Dementieva, Kuznetsova. But didnt win her biggest finals.
When Kim & Caro win everything above Tier 2 for 10 months, I dont buy that the tour was so weak anyone could have done that.
But she has to start contending for majors again. Caro hasnt been to a slam semi since she was #1. There will always be heavy criticism if her good slam results are finished

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #29
country flag sirbenson

sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold sirbenson is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully not, but I fear she could get back in the top 5 for some reason.
sirbenson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #30
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post

2013- 0
2012- 0
2011- #5 Schiavone,
2008- #4 Kuznetsova,
2007- 0

Thanks for posting.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote