Your Thoughts: TEN XWTA, 12 ITF Events In China & Chinese Territories In 2014 ??? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Do You Think ???

China Deserves Even More Than 10 Tournaments 10 12.20%
10 Tournaments Is Just Right Given Booming Interest and Willingness To Pay $$$ 5 6.10%
Should Be 6-8 Tournaments 13 15.85%
Should Be 2-4 Tournaments 42 51.22%
China Does Not Deserve To Host Any Tournaments 12 14.63%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #16
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of
Re: Your Thoughts: TEN XWTA Events In China & Chinese Territories In 2014 ???

I agree, history is important, but for Masters/Tier 1s and GS's, for MMs, well, it just isn't....

Anyway, after next 50 year pass by in Asian domination, and arounf 2050. when they make South american swing last 3 months, killing China swing somehow, i gues Asians will whine about history to :P

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ

KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*LI

NETTENIS.ORG
verdegreen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #17
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
This thread fails cause there's no tournament in Nanjing, it has been replaced by Nanchang

mug
I thought that was a typo
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SHILIN-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #18
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of
Re: Your Thoughts: Ten XWTA Events In China & Chinese Territories In 2014 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
both Moscow and Zurich died for Beijing

wasn't Berlin supposed to comeback
It is interesting, both Moscow and Zurich had draw of 56 combined, Beijing has 60/64..I gues it is ok then...

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ

NETTENIS.ORG
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #19
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegreen View Post
And by the way, it is interesting how Americans(amongst other, of corse) whine abot bunch of MM's in China, but it is ok with them that most of the history they monopolised both tours. Well, there is someone that has money to, now.
Oh My.

Both tours were formed by Americans in America. I doubt that you'll see many complaints about China monopolizing anything that was created by Chinese in China.
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #20
country flag verdegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Oh My.

Both tours were formed by Americans in America. I doubt that you'll see many complaints about China monopolizing anything that was created by Chinese in China.
Well, you have a point with creation part, i gues it gives them some right to whine...

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ

NETTENIS.ORG
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #21
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if a player could sue the WTA if she's forced to play under hazardous conditions due to the smog?
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #22
country flag verdegreen

They should make asian swing indoors and merge it with europian :hot:

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ

NETTENIS.ORG
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #23
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that in twenty years it won't be like in table tennis, that in the top 100 are more than 50 Chinese girls playing for a different countries
I am ok with 2-5 events there on WTA level, but no more, because there are too many countries and not enough weeks in year
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #24
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegreen View Post
And by the way, it is interesting how Americans(amongst other, of corse) whine abot bunch of MM's in China, but it is ok with them that most of the history they monopolised both tours. Well, there is someone that has money to, now.
Where is this happening?

Monopolized both tours? The WTA and the ATP are international organizations. If there were more events in the U.S. historically that is because there was more support there. Times have changed. The tours do need to go where the money is. They aren't charitable organizations. But they also need to build interest and support existing tournaments.

Nine events in China seems like a lot, but I think we need to see the interest level. Beijing had much better attendance this year. As well, the Beijing attendees were interested in more than just Li Na's matches. That's progress. I am not sure all these events can be sustained, but I don't see why the WTA (as well as the ATP) shouldn't try.

As for Na Mug's, er, Saisai-Goat's notion:

Quote:
With such a long tour in China, it is no longer prudent for the players to not play in China
At the end of a long, tiring season, top players of today will probably not bother venture Premier and P5 tournaments in China.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #25
country flag verdegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
Where is this happening?
Well, whole GM is full of people complaning about China swing...

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ

NETTENIS.ORG
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #26
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Where? Are you sure they are all Americans? I don't think so.
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #27
country flag verdegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
Where? Are you sure they are all Americans? I don't think so.
No, not all, as i said Americans (amongst others)

I just wish i could whine about thoise things, and not about the fact that Serbia has no tornament stronger than ITF10K.
10K!

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ

NETTENIS.ORG
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #28
country flag Jia
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all Jia is a name known to all

Hey SaiSai Goat, are you the bold guy with teddy bears from Baidu?
Jia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #29
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Are any of these tournaments indoors?
Most if not all Chinese WTA events should be indoors. That way players don't damage their health with the unhealthy smog.

Plus we need more indoors.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #30
edificio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT View Post
Are any of these tournaments indoors?
Most if not all Chinese WTA events should be indoors. That way players don't damage their health with the unhealthy smog.

Plus we need more indoors.
Definitely. I wouldn't play there in that smog. LA is bad enough.