Who are players to watch out for in 2014 with a CHR > 50 and aged 21 or over? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Who are players to watch out for in 2014 with a CHR > 50 and aged 21 or over?

I'm interested to know who you think we should look out for in 2014? Maybe you've seen something in her game that makes you think she's ready to step up a level this coming season.

For the purposes of getting some more 'interesting' responses other than promising teenagers, let's only include players:
  • who are over the age of 21 at the start of 2014 (so pick only from players born in 1992 or before) and
  • who have not yet broken the top 50.

Please tell me/us what you like about their game and why you think they are on the rise.
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who are players to watch out for in 2014 with a CHR > 50 and aged 21 or over?

Shuai Zhang, obviously. She's always had an awesome game and she seems to have gotten it together in the second half of 2013.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #3
country flag jjlove

jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future
Re: Who are players to watch out for in 2014 with a CHR > 50 and aged 21 or over?

Garbiñe Muguruza. She missed half of the season after Wimbledon with most of the tournaments in her favourite surface. If she has a good start of the season and she arrives to IW and Miami without the pressure of defending most of her points she can really go up in the ranking.
jjlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Muguruza is only 20 so she doesn't fit the OP's criteria.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #5
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Karolina Pliskova (age 21, CH 63), Julia Glushko (age 23, CH 89)

Can't think of anyone else within these criteria
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #6
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

Slutti Giorgi
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Koukalova, The Other Czechs,
Kerber, Sharapova, Keys, Townsend, Paszek, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #7
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies so far. So, what's so good about these players games? Convince me. Give me a reason to watch them when their matches are broadcast.
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #8
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Pfizenmaier, maybe Piter. Both are able to play really interesting tennis.
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #9
country flag crystal ball

crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of

Katarzyna Piter She had some good results this year, especially in the fall. She advanced this year over 250 places in the singles ranking and over 100 places in the doubles ranking (winning her first doubles title). She is quite feisty and interesting to watch.
crystal ball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #10
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenas warriors View Post
Slutti Giorgi
Camila seems to have finally solved the shoulder problem which affected her career since 2012 summer, so this might be a good pick.
Katarzyna Piter? Maybe, but her game is very limited. Not sure about.
I would say Mother Teresa Torro-Flor.
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #11
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

Burger queen! Has nothing to defend at the beginning of the year
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #12
country flag tennisfan1001

tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice tennisfan1001 is just really nice

Another vote for zhang. Also hoping Muguruza recovers well and moves further forward next year.
tennisfan1001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #13
country flag yikes on bikes

yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice yikes on bikes is just really nice

Zhang Shuai really put together a fabulous end of 2013. Having had a tournament win, and stamina amongst a string of events, this confidence could propel her to the top 50 plus. She is a solid player, and confidence it seems to be what she's lacking.

Torro-Flor has such huge shots. If she can put her game together she could surprise some people.
yikes on bikes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #14
Stadia

Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Zhang Shuai She's been released from the national team last September I think, so I'm pretty interested how she'll do independently.
Stadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #15
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

TorroFlor and Arruabarrena
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote