Bucharest to replace WTA Budapest Grand Prix? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #31
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bucharest to replace WTA Budapest Grand Prix

Some intersting changes in 2015:

- Paris Indoors gets moved back a week, extremely thrilled as I loved this tournament. It really makes no sense to host this right after AO.
- Dubai and Doha keep changing around that Premier 5 Slot.
- South American String makes more sense with Rio, Acapulco and Monterrey in 3 straight weeks.
- The week before RG only lists Strasbourg and TBE... That's rather weird, seems like the WTA isn't too sure about Nuremberg.
- -s'Hertogenbosch right after Roland Garros. That's a good move, makes more sense to go there from Paris and move on to Great Britain after wards. Plus it doesn't have to compete against Premier events in Birmingham and Eastbourne, at least not directly.
- So much for the South American String makes more sense in 2015... Florianopolis in the middle of summer?!?
- Unfortunately no improvement for Linz, Luxembourg and Moscow. No chance for these events to grab a top player.
A-Bond is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #32
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

I didn't find anywhere else that Budapest would be canceled. + the tourney is shown also in the provisionally 2015 Calendar .

It would be very nice but it doesn't look very credible at the moment . Last year, the Calendar was last edited on the 15th of December.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #33
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Bucharest

Sad for Budapest, though.

As much as I'm happy for all the Romanian girls... When is Serbia getting their WTA?

The Serbian sisters deserve it.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #34
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Bucharest

Sad for Budapest, though.

As much as I'm happy for all the Romanian girls... When is Serbia getting their WTA?

The Serbian sisters deserve it.
:b igcry:
When, and if, that ever happens, serbian sisters will already be long retired .....
Few years ago, at least we had a 50k, now just a couple od 10ks...
i WILL REPETE IN THIS THREAD TO:

ps-Good for Romania, sad for Hungary if it happends. But, realisticly, they deserve it a bit more, there are more good plyers in Romania atm....

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ

KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*LI

NETTENIS.ORG
verdegreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #35
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
MM Budapest will be replaced in 2014 as MM Bucharest?

Romanian source says

http://translate.google.hu/translate...resti-11757134

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #36
Eldest

Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute Eldest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MM Budapest will be replaced in 2014 as MM Bucharest?

Old news.
Eldest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #37
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banette View Post
Old news.
Yesterday's news is old news ? Or do you know something we don't ?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #38
country flag eDonkey

eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Life goes on!
It's not just life goes on. It's a 20-year-old tournament, it is a huge loss for WTA. You cannot just have new tournaments for a season or two every year.

Vesnina.Niculescu.Falconi.Voskoboeva.Paszek.Shvedo va.Voegele
TennisTipping.Singles(#16|06.08.2012) ITF Fukuoka, Roland Garros|RU ITF Cali
TennisTipping.Doubles(#82|09.04.2012) ITF Casablanca (w/diego36arg), ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer (w/Frederik), 2010 Osaka (w/CapriatiRules)
eDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #39
country flag silvamarius

silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold silvamarius is a splendid one to behold
Re: Bucharest to replace WTA Budapest Grand Prix?

I would like a Middle East* central European swing in Prague, Budapest, Belgrade then Bucharest.
And I worry about Bukta's 30 pts too

2014:
1st in Q-Ball BNP Baribas Katowice Open 2014
3rd in FITD Roland Garros '14
1st in FITD Doubles Bad Gastein '14
2nd in FITD Bad Gastein '14

Last edited by silvamarius : Dec 14th, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
silvamarius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #40
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvamarius View Post
I would like a Middle East European swing in Prague, Budapest, Belgrade then Bucharest.
Where the hell is that ?!?!?!?!
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #41
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Where the hell is that ?!?!?!?!
In the Middle East of Europe
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #42
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDonkey View Post
It's not just life goes on. It's a 20-year-old tournament, it is a huge loss for WTA. You cannot just have new tournaments for a season or two every year.
Well, that happens with the YEC. Not sure about this decision, but I think Romania already has an ATP tournament, so I guess it's good for them to have a WTA too. Maybe they have bigger plans for the future, making it even a bigger one. I read somewhere last year that Nastase is one of the sponsors for the ATP tournament in Bucharest and he wanted to make it ATP 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #43
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvamarius View Post
I would like a Middle East European swing in Prague, Budapest, Belgrade then Bucharest.
Eastern Europe*

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #44
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
Well this is great for Romania, but what about the Czech Republic? A tournament there is WAY overdue.
There used to be an event in Prague but it hasn't been on the calendar since 2010. Such a pity as I went there in 2009 (saw Kvitova lose to 15yo Zarina Diyas in straight sets ) and it's a really friendly, intimate event held in a beautiful city.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #45
country flag Raddu

Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice

Great news !
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...-2014-11769902

( The Romanian Goverment increased the sports budget for the WTA tournament )
Raddu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote