Why can't Agnieszka make it past the 4R of USO? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #31
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why can't Agnieszka make it past the 4R of USO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
She's always out of gas by then.
That's how I see it. Her style of play involves a lot of running and, unlike many other players, she doesn't have power shots to fall back on. I also think that she gets down on herself because she's usually disappointed with her Wimby results.
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #32
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

I truly hate to agree with Aga's antagonists on this forum: Aga is simply not good enough.
She is an opportunistic player. She doesn't have power to fall back on when things don't go her way, she requires lots of running, she doesn't get anything for free, everything must hard fought, and things really have to line up for her to go deep in a tournament.
Look at the two Wimbys: in both cases it was exactly like that: all of a sudden the paths were cleared and she took advantage. The same was in Miami. Sugarpova was her only top tier opponent she ever beat in a top tournament.

I wish Pova's and Enka's fans were wrong in their assessments of Aga's and now I could laugh into their faces, but unfortunately I cannot do it.

I hope she will be another Marion and one day at a major the skies will open and she will grab the day. That actually happened already this year and she didn't take it, but like with seeking Holy Grail: the chance may happen again.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #33
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

- surface doesnt suit her.
- she is physically & mentally spent at this time of the season grinding trough the previous 8 months.
- she isnt good enough.

ha, I'm so smart.
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #34
country flag cjire

cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice cjire is just really nice

She will soon <3 polish goddess radwanska
cjire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #35
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
She hasn't yet, doesn't mean she can't.

I can see her making the SF with a favorable draw.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 04:33 AM   #36
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
- surface doesnt suit her.
- she is physically & mentally spent at this time of the season grinding trough the previous 8 months.
- she isnt good enough.

First statement: Incorrect, the girl has proven she can play fine on U.S Hardcourts.

Second Statement: Yeah, it's possible. But then why she tries to peak in the Asian swing right after?

Third Statement: Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #37
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I truly hate to agree with Aga's antagonists on this forum: Aga is simply not good enough.
She is an opportunistic player. She doesn't have power to fall back on when things don't go her way, she requires lots of running, she doesn't get anything for free, everything must hard fought, and things really have to line up for her to go deep in a tournament.
Look at the two Wimbys: in both cases it was exactly like that: all of a sudden the paths were cleared and she took advantage. The same was in Miami. Sugarpova was her only top tier opponent she ever beat in a top tournament.

I wish Pova's and Enka's fans were wrong in their assessments of Aga's and now I could laugh into their faces, but unfortunately I cannot do it.

I hope she will be another Marion and one day at a major the skies will open and she will grab the day. That actually happened already this year and she didn't take it, but like with seeking Holy Grail: the chance may happen again.

--
Thanks for posting.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #38
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I hope she will be another Marion
--
Hell no.

There would NEVER be another Marion.

*Credit to that one ice skating thread*
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #39
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

glad to see Marion having fun.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #40
country flag Luminous One

Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold

Simple, Aggie isn't all that.
Luminous One is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #41
country flag Luminous One

Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold Luminous One is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Hell no.

There would NEVER be another Marion.

*Credit to that one ice skating thread*
GOOD.
Luminous One is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #42
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy24 View Post
She plays too much?
That's my pick.

Tournaments a year

17 Serena (And that's the heaviest year she's played in ten years)
16 Azarenka
18 Li
15 Sharapova (half a year)
21 Radwanska
23 Kvitova
22 Errani
20 Jannkovic
23 Kerber
23 Wozniacki
24 Halep
22 Stephens

See the pattern. The currently dominant players play fewer tournaments. But they are arguably at their best for them.

Maybe she needs to cut back, play the mandatories, the slams, and an OZ tune-up.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #43
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
First statement: Incorrect, the girl has proven she can play fine on U.S Hardcourts.

Second Statement: Yeah, it's possible. But then why she tries to peak in the Asian swing right after?

Third Statement: Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.
1) did she?

2) does she actually try or just the wrong conclusion from facing depleted fields?

3) of course, she has her own limits. But that still wont explain losing to the likes of Errani.