Your first live match... - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #61
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your first live match...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
An ITF 100K is a pro event.
Tour events. Is that better?
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
TT GOAT Armada, Inger67 & SAISAI-GOAT, Shenzhen AO WC Playoff 2014
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #62
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

First match I ever saw live was Serena vs someone () at the 2003 Hopman Cup

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #63
country flag VamosArgentina

VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light VamosArgentina is a glorious beacon of light

First tournament I went to was 2008 US Open. First match I saw there was Vaidisova and Bremond.
VamosArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #64
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
Tour events. Is that better?
Yes, it is. Thank you.

Meanwhile, back on topic.....my first live match was the 1984 Virginia Slims of California final, played at the Oakland Coliseum Arena. Martina Navratilova was on a 44-match winning streak, which was broken by Hana Mandlikova 7-6(8), 3-6, 6-4.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #65
country flag Thiudans

Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka vs Vesnina, RG this year.

Veesus Christ, Sister Serena Goatina Price and Petra
Thiudans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #66
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

My first live tournament was actually an ATP event in Adelaide the match was Lleyton Hewitt vs Tommy Haas in 2001 (Haas won with the hilare scoreline 64 06 61)

I have been to the Australian Open in 2003 and every year since 2007 so I have seen plenty of live matches

My very first live women's was Mary Pierce vs. Patricia Wartusch, in 2003 I think

I have never been to a WTA event

My preference is to be directly behind the players and I always get stadium ticket directly behind the players, I can't stand sitting at side of the court turning your heading all day long!

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #67
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Behind the baseline is my preference too. I went to one day of the 2012 Auckland Men's on a side-view all day - never again . Seeing live players was still cool, but definitely side-view is not my ideal.
Yeah, it can get very monotonous, especially the closer you sit toward the net, too, when you have to turn your head all day. As was mentioned earlier, a corner seat isn't a bad alternative, but I still like the baseline view because there's no mistaking line calls that way, and you get an unobstructed view of the action.

On a smaller stadium or outside court, typically, you won't have that option, but at least you can be close to the court and the players, which makes for great photos and videos.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #68
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

First live WTA match?

Im pretty sure my first live match was Blake/Agassi at the US Open though
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #69
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

It was an ITF 10.000 in Ceuta.
Bahia Mouthtassine-Alicia Ortuño...nothing special
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #70
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

Rosmalen 2004, I think it was Schnyder - Medina. Anabel won easily which was a big surprise to me back then.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #71
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

My first live match was this year: Tara Moore beating Tadeja Majeric at the Nottingham 75k.
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #72
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
First live WTA match?

Im pretty sure my first live match was Blake/Agassi at the US Open though
lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Not pressed at all. Just hate Maria and all she stands for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
Why are you determined to create animosity among people in GM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
This actually a serious topic believe or not. Maria planning for motherhood...
TrollPova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #73
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

^Yeah but I was so high up i couldnt breath

Plus I was young and probably didnt know much back then
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #74
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Apart ITF, my first live match was Wawrinka -Ferrer in Godo 2008
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #75
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Citi Open finals this year

Dev Potro vs Isner
Petkovic vs Rybarikova
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote