FedCup Team announced - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #1
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
FedCup Team announced

Bovina
Dementieva
Myskina
Panova

It should be enough to defeat Croatia.. I hope But you never know with Russian girls

It seems like coaches went easy way and invited higher ranked players, which makes sense not to create any problems between the players.

Just like I said in another thread: if you want to play for Russia, get you ranking high enough.
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #2
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
No surprises there.

Do you know what surface it's on?
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 04:05 PM   #3
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
no, but I'd be surprised if anything different from clay... this would be the only chance (very small) for Croatia to beat Russia
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 04:26 PM   #4
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
its in Moscow and its Taraflex Carpet
Universal Sports Hall 'Druzhba', Moscow, RUS
Stadium Capacity: 3,500

good choice of stadium as it will generate a good atmosphere in a small compact stadium

originally it was to take place in Croatia, dont know when it was changed.

good team, glad they put Tatiana in

Elena D and Nastya own Iva
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 05:37 PM   #5
Leena

Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point Leena is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone owns Iva.

Who would be 2nd singles for Croatia? Sprem's playing the best... She scares me because she's tearing up Challengers like Lena did in 2000.

Eggy, I can test you on something... Is Taraflex a fast surface? I'd hope Russia makes it slower, and higher bouncing... I know Lena would play better under those conditions.

And why do you think Alyona will play 2nd singles instead of Lena?
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #6

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
i didnt say she would play instead, i said she owned Iva, big diff

is Taraflex a fast surface ??
that all depends on what its laid on and how old/new the surface is.
Wood makes the surface faster
a Softer undersurface makes it slower.

Older Carpet is faster than newer as the surface is worn out reducing friction.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #7
Leena

Sorry, I overreact when Lena isn't mentioned.

I have no clue what Taraflex is...

I thought it was type of surface... like Croatia chose that uber-fast, non-bouncing court, like they did in Davis Cup against USA.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #8

Taraflex is Carpet
its just a manufacturer's name

like Decoturf/Plexipave are on outdoor Hard.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 09:47 PM   #9
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Here`s the tribune layout. http://www.tennis-russia.ru/champ-fedcup-ticket.shtml

Not a best place chosen for the press.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:10 AM   #10
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Eggy, Elena D. doesn't own anyone anymore. Bovina should play the second singles. She has bigger weapons and much more confidence than Dementieva does.

And what is the doubles team going to be? Demetieva and Panova? Please! There are no good Russian doubles teams to be used in the Fed Cup or Olympics. The girls obviously don't like to team up with each other. Why is that?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #11
Leena

I'll try being non-biased here...

I'd seriously take Elena D over Lena...

Both their results have been nearly the same for the past few months... but:

1) Alyona has shown she's best on fast surfaces like grass, indoors.

2) Alyona is a more consistent player... and that's what's needed against players like Iva, Karolina, Jelena, Silvia... none of which are near the level of our Russian girls currently (Karolina might be, but she has to prove it against the big girls). As we know with Lena, it almost doesn't matter who she's playing... it's all up to her if she'll win or not.

3) Alyona has played many Fed Cup matches... Lena's played 2 singles matches... and the one vs. Na Li (Backwards Chinese wanna-be Russian) doesn't count.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 08:58 AM   #12
country flag Nina_rus

Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2flash
Here`s the tribune layout. http://www.tennis-russia.ru/champ-fedcup-ticket.shtml

Not a best place chosen for the press.
but it's practically the same as VIP so I doubt it will be very bad
Nina_rus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 09:02 AM   #13
country flag Nina_rus

Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all
I love Teraflex

It'll probably be very similar to what they used for DC against Argentina and it was pretty fast
Nina_rus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #14
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Leena, I prefer Elena D. to Elena B. But Elena B. clearly deserves to play ahead of Elena D. on the Russian Fed Cup team. She has a much better serve and a much better backhand. And Elena B. doesn't have a history of crumbling to defeat and double faulting away wins the way Elena D. does. I would be surprised if Tarpischev plays Dememtieva ahead of Bovina in the upcoming Fed Cup tie. Bovina has the biggest upside of all the female Russian tennis players. It's time she got the backing she deserves.

And is Elena D. in trouble where making the Russian Olympic tennis team next year is concerned? How many players can Russia send to Athens?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #15
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
I do think Elena B should play. But either one of them could beat Iva I think.

They should have picked Nadia. At least she can team up with Elena D.

Lol at the Na Li comment!