Predict Simona Halep ranking at the end of 2014! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute
Predict Simona Halep ranking at the end of 2014!

My prediction is that she will finish in Top 5-8
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 28th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predict Simona Halep ranking at the end of 2014!

I agree! Given how few points she has to defend before Rome I think she (injuries permitting) will be ranked 5 or 6 by May. By season's end, somewhere in the 6-8 range. Even if she ends ranked 8 I think it would still represent great progress for her and, of course, would mean we get to see her under the flashy lights at the YEC in Singapore.
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3
country flag HalepFan

HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice HalepFan is just really nice

certainly 5-8...
If she manages to go deep in any of the 1st 3slams she'll be definitely pushing for a top5 finish...
HalepFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #4

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalepFan View Post
certainly 5-8...
If she manages to go deep in any of the 1st 3slams she'll be definitely pushing for a top5 finish...
I'm going to be bold and predict deep runs at 3 of the slams ...

AO: QF
RG: SF
Wimby: 4R
USO: QF

Haide Simona!
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #5

James Peeling who writes the MooTennis blog predicts Simona will end 2014 ranked #5.

http://mootennis.com/2013/12/08/wta-...ions-for-2014/

The bit about Simona goes:

Jumping on the Simona Halep bandwagon? Of course I am. Halep had a remarkable 2013 season that saw her clinch her first WTA title and five more on a variety of surfaces. She enjoyed four top 10 wins and ended the season with back-to-back titles in Moscow and Sofia. The one area that Halep has not yet conquered is the Grand Slams and a 4th round showing at this year’s US Open, where arguably she should have done better, is her career best. However now at a world ranking of number 11, her draws at the Slams are going to be much more workable. Halep has stopped working with her coach, Adrian Marcu, but no-one can take away what she did in 2013 and if she remains aggressive with her approach on court nothing should stop her. We have seen the successes of counter-punchers like Wozniacki and Errani all cracking the top 5 and Halep has shown a great deal of versatility this year to suggest she can do it too. A Grand Slam semi-final, most likely at Roland Garros, beckons…

Welcome on the bandwagon - there's room for everyone!
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #6
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Intristing
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #7
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Top 8! I want to watch her playing in Singapore. Hopefully... live.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2210 View Post
Top 8! I want to watch her playing in Singapore. Hopefully... live.
Wow, that would be great! Were you one of the noisy ones in Sofia shouting "SI-MO-NA! SI-MO-NA!"?

I'm going to try to make Eastbourne this year. Hopefully she will play there instead of s'-Hertogenbosch because Eastbourne is now a Premier level tourney.
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #9
country flag george2210

george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all george2210 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Wow, that would be great! Were you one of the noisy ones in Sofia shouting "SI-MO-NA! SI-MO-NA!"?

I'm going to try to make Eastbourne this year. Hopefully she will play there instead of s'-Hertogenbosch because Eastbourne is now a Premier level tourney.
Yup, I was one of them I want to go to Roland Garros too although it's not easy to follow your favorite player at big tournaments. You have to buy tickets for one of the 3 main courts and It's hard to predict on which of them Simona will play.
george2210 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #10

Well done to you then for helping to create what sounded like an incredible atmosphere on TV! It's no wonder she felt a bit overwhelmed by it all and had a little cry off-court after the final.
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 02:11 AM   #11
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to jinx it, but I'll say #7

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 08:24 AM   #12
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

I have no idea what to expect from her this year.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM   #13
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

First place - in my heart!
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 08:15 AM   #14
country flag Halconq47

Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all Halconq47 is a name known to all

I think she'll finish around #7. Where is she?
Halconq47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 02:34 PM   #15
country flag Falcon7x

Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice

I will say between 10-15, it is crazy to accurate more.
Falcon7x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote