2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread) - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2014, 09:01 AM   #121
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Asian adventure (Cheering Thread)

Sorana tried hard to reach the first place in the list of all time Romanian choke jobs today, but I fear that Irina-Camelia will always be one step ahead in that regard.

Seriously, I'm out of words. Just laughable what these girls are pulling again and again.
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2014, 09:48 AM   #122
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Sorana tried hard to reach the first place in the list of all time Romanian choke jobs today, but I fear that Irina-Camelia will always be one step ahead in that regard.

Seriously, I'm out of words. Just laughable what these girls are pulling again and again.
Last year, after Madrid I guess, I replied to one of your comment regarding the possibility that Simona to get off top 100 something like "maybe it will be better for Simona in order to wake her up".

Today I say again - maybe it will be better for Sorana to get off top 50 to wake her up.
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:09 PM   #123
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Oh Sorana! MPs at 5-4, 40-15 in the 2nd set then boom, the world implodes!

What an opportunity missed. Admittedly this quick surface helps Pliskova, but still, such an opportunity.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 06:07 PM   #124
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Last year, after Madrid I guess, I replied to one of your comment regarding the possibility that Simona to get off top 100 something like "maybe it will be better for Simona in order to wake her up".

Today I say again - maybe it will be better for Sorana to get off top 50 to wake her up.
I understand what you mean, but the comparison is lacking.

Simona just seemed desinterested at the start of last year, tanking halfway through the match as if she wouldn't even care. She played bad tennis and the way she presented herself out on court wasn't her.

Sorana has been playing poorly as well, but the whole week and especially today today she was fantastic up until 6-1 5-4 and simply (as far too often in her career) brainfarted at the key point of the match and never really recovered. It was a classic choke job and something even the best coach couldn't have an influence on. Once she wasted those MPs she couldn't keep the ball in play. It's not that she has been mindlessly bashing all of a sudden because she was hitting the ball hard throughout the match, but the balls that caught the line a couple of games earlier suddenly went out.

Her game doesn't allow for such a lack of focus and that's why she is so vulnerable in the choking department.
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 07:48 PM   #125
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

@Sorana , why no handshake with the referee ?
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 08:10 PM   #126
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
In hindsight, not even enough for Romanian choke of the day...
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:32 AM   #127
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 04:40 AM   #128
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

She drew Q in Doha (could be Petrova, Pironkova, Dulgheru, Lucic-Baroni, Martic, etc. if they qualify)
If she wins (you never know with her) then its A.Radwanska in R2

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #129
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

It's Kudryavtseva.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #130
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

^ Tough one. Kudryavtseva has showed a good form this year. And Sorana is 1-3 H2H

If she beat the Russian , we could see a very tight match against A. Radwanska .

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #131
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck in Doha!
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #132
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Won 26 61 75 with qualifier Alla Kudryavtseva (125 WTA), after saving at least 2 MP. Thank you, Alla!

10 DF, 1st serve in: 49%.
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #133
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

^ Also , might have closed it with the 1st ace . At *6-5 there were 0 aces.

A win is a win though. GJ.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #134
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Won 26 61 75 with qualifier Alla Kudryavtseva (125 WTA), after saving at least 2 MP. Thank you, Alla!

10 DF, 1st serve in: 49%.
Only one MP
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #135
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Sorry, I was pretty sure I counted two of them, but now I think you're right